Personal vs Shared Loot Suggestion

I have seen so many people requesting to have personal loot and also so many people asking to keep item drop shared.

This issue can be easily solved by having a checkbox before you create or join an online game, then everybody is happy. :slight_smile:

22 Likes

splits the player base though, rather them just make an across the board decision

4 Likes

I disagree. Having personal loot would go against the essence of what makes Diablo II so great; the challenge of chance and opportunity. For each person in a game monsters increase their levels and that gives all players better chances of better items to drop. When doing Baal runs with 8 players in a game you are getting the best opportunity to get godly items to drop, and you may or may not get that godly item.

Some of my fondest memories are finding godly items by habitually clicking my mouse to the point of destruction, and also seeing godly items drop but not being fast enough to click them.

This is also why private games exist. You can do solo magic find runs but the chances and opportunities to find godly items are less, but it is safer.

18 Likes

Splitting the user base smaller and doing this doesn’t make sense to me as you’re subdividing the base along a very arbitrary boundary in my opinion.

If you can “mix the player pool” with this option then personalized becomes default as I don’t gain anything by not having it clicked.

I’d prefer it to stay as-is personally; however, I wouldn’t raise a torch and pitchfork if it was changed but didn’t bring in the awful BOP/A/G system in D3.

I think the player base should be large enough for the division and people who hate shared loot were divided already(by playing alone). My suggestion makes everybody happy, you can continue to share loot if you want and people like me won’t be forced to play alone.

By the way, I live in US west and my ping to blizzard server is usually within 50 ms. When there is only global server(at 33 minutes in the talk, assuming it will be put near Blizzard HQ), I can beat most people as far as network goes, but I feel not comfortable to take more than my fair share.

3 Likes

“Splits the player base…”

To be fair, telling them to go play a private match or solo kind of already does that…

9 Likes

As I understand it, even the loot system from the old game is retained. When playing multiplayer, you won’t have shared loot with the rest of the team. We can lobby all we want for shared. It isn’t going to happen.

Unfortunately most are perfectly fine taking all the loot always with AH scripts and such. I’m sure it’s all bannable which I encourage Blizzard to ban them for, but it still doesn’t stop them from doing it. And I’m sure you can just play private but ruins the fun of playing with others.

5 Likes

Bots + sharable loot = no man’s land.

2 Likes

Why people want this so badly, i dont get it, maybe because of D3…

How loot works and how loot is generated in D2, mfing(farming) in public games doesnt make any sense, thats why there is no need for personal loot, i mean dont wanna be blunt but i believe most people who are asking for personal loot havent never really played D2, also bots and scripts and all that will be gone, and even if not, they haver zero affect to your private games.

I agree that any loot in public games is huge problem with bots and scripts and such around.

Public games in D2 doesnt work like in D3 for example, there is no endeless dungens to farm with random people, public games in D2 are pretty much meant for pvping, leveling and trading.

6 Likes

By the way, bots won’t be gone just because of the battlenet infrastructure like the developers said. I have seen so many bots in D3. They need to be very active in fighting bot and banning bots to achieve that.

The one thing I always hated about D2 was the items dropping on the ground. I played from launch day. And always hated this part. I am not saying if it should or should not change, just that it is game design that I hate. It just makes me play less public games, get worse loot, and lose interest more.

5 Likes

I am fine with splitting the player base. I for one would rather not play with purists.

Besides mods will do that already.

7 Likes

As i remember , who was lead a baal runs or cow runs all holy loots belongs to him, if you steal you are going on his blacklist, and you have fever chance to go these runs. (it was on private server) battle.net was always a big mess

1 Like

NO.

17 characters required

There will most probably be own servers for each major region (Asia, EU, NA and maybe more).
You can join all of them no matter where you are located, but if you create a game or simply search the game browser you will end up on the server with the fastest connection for you.

They made auto-pickup for gold optional and I don’t see threads filling up the forums about that.

Why not the same for personal loot?

I support options.

10 Likes

I’m in the box of no changes outside of bugged/invisible stuff that killed you.

1 Like

As far as I know, David Brevik himself once said, that he would introduce personal loot nowadays, because it does not change the game fundamentally and it supports the team play.

Actually I think it is very true, because the number of dropped items does not have to change at all. Tbh, I think both ways are super fun and have their own motivations. I am happy with both.

8 Likes

Big no for me, keep D2 as D2, this is not a remake - it’s a remaster.