People who played the D4 beta...good/bad?

thoughts?

I played till about level 18 on a barb and got bored. I know if I played to 25 and actually farmed gear I would’ve had fun but since I won’t be buying the game I figured why get excited.

My preliminary thoughts are, well, the game seems mid at best but again I didn’t play enough. My friends who played it and leveled multiple toons said they thought it was pretty good and this coming from the people who hated D3.

was wondering for those who played it did you love it, hate it, did it change your mind toward the game positively or negatively.

1 Like

Melee is terrible ranged is tested well. Glitchy cinematics, spinning characters during conversations, invisible walls/gates, Barbarian runs wielding weapons like he’s about to poop his pants and necromancers skeletons look like they are trying to balance on crack. Couldn’t walk around holding my helm like in D1 either (most frustrating).

Otherwise amazing game, i had fun on sorc. The Butcher was perfect.

2 Likes

I not too impressed by the whole system with items and stuff you can do with them, extracting, adding, empowering etc. Seems overly complicated. The skill tree is daunting too.
The view is too zoomed in. The bigger monsters can hardly be seen before they are right next to you.
I wouldn’t mind buying it just for playing through the whole story and all the quests and side quests but I’m not sure my rig can handle it. I was able to play the game but usually had disconnects in prolonged loading screens when moving from town to town via portals. I would then end up in the start menu and have to exit the game completely to play again.

2 Likes

had a lot of fun playing different classes had one overall observation casters are strong and melee is weak maybe this will change when they got better gear, i did not farm was in the beta for testing out, so mostly in blue and yellow gear wat was fine for the casters but not for the melee.

I enjoyed it alot.

well just wait till the price drops and you notice D2R,D3 and other games loose many players.

The player paragon cap right now is 100 in D4.

We’ll see if players are screaming for a raise in paragon cap to 1000.

A year later people will be screaming again for a raise in paragon to 5000, on and on.

2 Likes

Level cap is 100, and you get 4 paragon points every time you level up after lv50 to use on paragon boards. There is no paragon level.

2 Likes

You know what we’re all talking about.

Paragon was D3.

Your level will be capped at level 100. yes, just realize hundreds of thousands coming from D3 will say paragon level automatically, until we leave D3 behind for good.

Good enough as a start. Will be better over time for shure.

2 Likes

I give it a 7/10, atm. Necro is just plain nasty. Rogue and Sorc were a blast. Druid is just sad. Didn’t try Barb (never has been my favorite class). I liked it but it definitely has room for improvement.

2 Likes

Seemed like a decent game that has potential, but one that is probably not worth $70(or $90 for me in Canada). Especially given all the other genuinely good from the start games this year.

Hopefully they just put the effort into making it better rather than it turning into another Heroes of the Storm.

hmm, I only played for a few minutes actually but I wasn’t inspired to play anymore. I guess I’m not hyped so take my words with a grain of salt.

Maybe when it releases I’ll be more hyped or surely sometime in it’s lifetime but anyways. It wasn’t interesting enough in the first opening area for me to play more than 2-3 minutes but again, my hype is low so take that is you will.

2 Likes

Necro is nasty as in bad or good?

3 Likes

Both. Ridiculously overpowered and also an absolute blast to play. One legendary power turns the skill ‘Blood Mist’ into a corpse generating, corpse exploding extravaganza. With right skill points it has next to zero cooldown, so… Go to YT and check out some of the videos.

I expect that build to get nerfed. Shame, but probably necessary.

Yes, but I wanted to clarify just in case someone gets confused.

good. because pretty much Barb. i hope upheaval will be accessable early in final version.
though i´m not loving how it´s pretty much tied to frenzy for optimization currently. don´t love frenzy visually.
and with how they´ve done it there might be hope for the campaign.
it might not be going full woke check-list afterall.
and because Witcher-influences.

bad because mostly monster-level-scaling.
and very limited customization.

1 Like

D4 is primarily a mix of D3 and DI. Just to please D2 cry babies, some of the systems were given a D2 feel.

On the beta, it feels okaish. But many things needs lot of rework. Particularly the skills, dungeons and legendary powers.

Visuals are top notch.

Combat is amazingly fluid similar to D3.

I am not a great fan of MMO aspect. This is the biggest thing i need to get used to. I tried Diablo Immortal during it’s release and i uninstalled after reaching lvl 100 or something hating the MMO aspect and obviously predatory monetisaton.

World bosses are fine but not great.

Purely from gameplay perspective i would give it 6.5/10 in it’s current state as it needs lot of tuning and rework.

But i am more thrilled to explore the world of sanctuary solo with amazing visuals and mount at my own pace listening to story and lore.
This is how i will play for first few months. Can’t wait for June 6.

Obviously later start min maxing using guides and other stuffs for the next decade lol.

After they fixed the Q time everything went well with the exception of some lag. I really enjoyed the story and the side quests. Some of the bosses and the Burcher were a challenge you cannot one shot them. Of the classes I liked the Necromancer the best, the Sorc was also fun. I did not care for the Druid (companions were a waste) nor the Barb and I did not touch the rogue. They could rework some of the useless skills.

The drop rate was increased so we do not know how it will look at launch. I did not see other people in my game that much and when I did it was no big deal. So, for me all they need to do is work on the lag and I will be happy. Some of the kids on the D4 forum hate everything and they make fun of others who like it.

Some just want another D2 and they will vent for another 11 years like they did with D3. Others have some very good feedback. I do not put much stock in what haters say. Some people were demanding a refund the first day because of the Q time that was funny as hell to watch. So far, I am happy with D4 I pre ordered and look forward to launch.

1 Like

I had fun, started out with a Barb (Flay/WW) and leveled it to 25… was not a “fun” experience, the bosses were annoying with all their ground effects and teleporting around, I then went on to level up a Rogue (Barrage) and had a lot of fun with that one, reminded me of D3’s Multishot.

I then went on to level up a Sorc (Chainlightning/Hydra)… and o boy was that a strong character, everything I struggled with before now just melted.

Then weekend 2 happend and I started a Druid (Swipe/Pulverize) might be the wrong skillnames but it was “bear” skills, and that one felt just like the Barb… very weak and having to deal with all that ground effects/teleporting bosses… annoying to play.

Gave Necro (Bonesplinter/Bone Lance) a try after that and it felt like the Sorc but better, everything just died… and my minions “tanked” most of the stuff, they died kind of easy on bosses… but my damage was so high the boss died before all my minions did.

Overall it was very fun to try out all the characters, I am leaning towards starting a ranged Rogue upon launch.

At level 25 I had a barbarian dual-wielding frenzy/sweep build. Never once used the big weapons… maybe later on you can frenzy with dual-2H weapons.

Every legendary I got was about whirlwind…

Socketing skulls in weapons was neat.

Overall I want more… I just hope there are items or affixes that support and enhance all skills of a particular champion.

Edit… I was disappointed that I could have possibly gotten some legendary barbarian weapon from the Bear Clan but the quest required a party… really Blizzard?

1 Like

The game is fine, has a good foundation, responsive engine and good graphics. That said, I was feeling a lil bored doing the dungeons, very repetitive, my first character was the necro, it was ez mode never felt in danger. Second character was the rogue I loved it, even though it didn’t feel as powerful it was way more my style of play.

Overall 8/10 Its early to judge the endgame but I think it has a good foundation to be successful.

1 Like