Patching and installation issues are some of the more common issues that we come across in the Tech Support Forums. This thread will highlight some troubleshooting steps that have been proven to resolve most of the patching and installation issues that you as a player may encounter.
Most of the support articles linked below will include steps for both, Windows and Mac systems. However, if you require further assistance with a Mac Installation or Patching issue that has not been mentioned in this sticky thread, you will want to post in our Mac Technical Support Forum.
Installation and Patch Troubleshooting
- Diablo III requires an up-to-date operating system in order to run. Check for updates before continuing.
- You must have a stable internet connection to install the game. If you experience connectivity issues, try optimizing your internet connection.
- Programs running in the background on your computer can interfere with installation. Close any running background applications and try again.
- Security software can interfere with our streaming installer. Try disabling or temporarily uninstalling your security applications.
- The Blizzard Battle.net App is what handles installation and patching for Blizzard games. Issues can arise if it is not functioning properly. Try reinstalling the app.
- Malicious programs may interfere with the installation process. Run a security scan to find and resolve any infections.
- Data from a previous Diablo III installation may interfere with installation. Uninstall Diablo III and install a new copy of the game.