Patch 2.7 re-balancing mega wish-list

I agree. One item that jumps out at me is Arcstone. If it was changed to do a %map hp, having Arcstones constantly firing might account for a lot of damage. If it did like 1% a second, max HP, it would scale very well and do significant damage, particularly if you have two or three of them linking.

1 Like

I proposed a solution to the “Unity + 4 Followers” Problem.

Rework the items function / special affix to:

"50% of the damage the wearer takes is redirected to all other wearers of this item and split among them."

That means you will still only have a 50% Damage Reduction regardless of how much Followers you currently have with you.

Honestly, I don’t think it’s even worth worrying about. There’s DR on unity built in, isn’t there?

2 unity = 50%
3 unity = 66%
4 unity = 75%

It’s already been stated that no one wants solo play to be better than group play and no one want group play to be inefficient. I’m not sure where you keep coming up with these ideas…

This is supposed to be a balancing patch.

Currently group play enjoys more than a DOUBLE XP advantage over solo play which is extremely unbalanced! Reducing the XP advantage from something around 120% to something closer to 30% would be much more balanced! The 30% XP advantage along with being able to get higher level gems is ample encouragement for players to play in groups, not to mention for the fun of it.

Note: When I am talking about the XP bonus of groups I am including the fact that groups can complete higher level rifts in addition to the current flat out 30% group bonus XP. Eg: If a solo player can complete GR105 and the group can complete 110 in the same time it’s approximately ~30% more XP. If the group can do 115 in the same time it’s ~60% more XP and if the group can do GR120s in the same time, it gets ~90% more XP. Since most efficient 4 player groups can crush GR120s in the same speed that those same players crush out 105s solo means a base of 90% more XP and then there is the 30% group XP bonus bringing the total XP bonus to something like 120% more than the solo player.

This 120% gap can be reduced by removing the 30% group XP bonus as a start. And/Or Solo play could be given a flat XP bonus. And/Or Increasing the monster XP will reduce the GR level that groups can complete in the same time that solo players can and thus reduce that XP bonus. (Perhaps increase the monster HP to the point where the efficient 4 man groups can only crush out GR110s [instead of GR120s] in the same time that solo players can crush out 105s.) Modifying these 3 things can easily adjust the higher XP that group play enjoys over solo play and make it more balanced, while leaving a lot of reasons to play in groups.

2 Likes

I think its more than considerably more than just double. I lost interest in debating the point with him. It’s not gonna do any good. He will not be swayed.

As if you do.

The suggestion of increasing monster HP further is certainly one way to make grouping inefficient, and the suggestion of removing group XP is also another way to kill the group play for unoptimized players.

There is no coincidence that grouping was dead during the D3 Classic launch.

No Strength in Number = Dead group play
High Monster HP increment per person (I think it is 105%) = Dead group play

And it took few patches for Blizard to keep reducing the monster HP to revive the group play.

What advantage? The 30% group XP? As my previous example has shown, even without the group XP, the group can easily muster more than double EXP over solo play even if they are running the same GR as a solo. Faster clear = more run = more exp per hour.

I also said that the only solution to compete is to remove group play or completely neutering the group play by giving the monsters ridiculous stat buff in the party.

There is no way solo is going to close the gap between group play. Do you expect a single character that has 6 skills, 4 passives, 13 item slots, 3 Kanai Cube slot, 3 legendary gem slots, and 1 follower that does pitiful damage with 4 underwhelming skills to rival against 4 players that have 24 skills, 16 passives, 52 item slots, 12 Kanai cube slots, 12 legendary gem slots and ability to divert the monsters attention and can split when it comes to forked route, which will save more time when it comes to speedrunning?

And if you actually paying attention to the leaderboard, most P10000 solo class can barely clear GR150, while 4-man P2000~3000 can clear GR150 with middle difficulty. The Paragon level is NOT that impactful as you believed.

4 P800 players can clear a higher GR than 1 P800 player due to the synergy and combo created from 4-man.

Did you just gloss over my previous post where I said that they will be speedrunning the lower GR for the maximum exp gained if running the same GR as solo or higher GR doesn’t yield attractive EXP gain?

Nope, its 100%

Reduce the gap…

Of course there is. It would be super easy. Barely an inconvenience.
You even just said that if we lowered monster HP in solo/2man/3man it would kill 4man, so apparently you think it is doable to make solo clear as fast as groups.

Hence you make adjustments that brings them closer together.

2 Likes

avarice band needs a bigger radius. You can’t collect gold because you are far too fast (DH GoD, Barb WW etc) even without that +25% movement belt. You always run back, only to collect gold. Your pet can’t do anything, way too busy to follow me.

sorceress (follower) need a bigger radius of that +3% attack speed aswell. What are 40 yards? You are pretty much never within 40 yards, especially GoD and WW.

pls increase both to 70 yards at least.

2 Likes

Shadout, my 3 followers combined have almost the same damage as my seasonal character. I realise that isn’t that much compared to the cool kids, but I don’t care about them.

Maybe so, but your followers don’t have any multipliers being applied to that damage whereas your hero probably has it multiplied hundreds of times, e.g. with sets that give 10,000% weapon damage and/or items that multiply specific skills.

2 Likes

We play diablo. None of us are kids or cool :stuck_out_tongue:

Baby steps, Meteorblade, baby steps.

I don’t care about the Meta - that is for people that have already beaten the game. I am just looking for a little bit of a boost as a solo player.

In a perfect world, solo players would have all three followers, along with follower specific legendary or set items. Problem solved.

But we live in a world where every damned thing is built around groups, because that is more “fun”. And that is why the developers don’t get solo play. And they need to get off my lawn… :wink:

Venaliter - if you are under the age of 40 - you are a kid.

3 Likes

Well, you could get as large, or larger, boost with one follower as with three, so that is not very relevant.

Solo definitely should be boosted, so it can compete with groups.

3 Likes

Any conversation on the broken, outdated Nephalem Glory mechanics on console that absolutely demolish any hope of end game pushing, or is the dev team exclusively looking at PC mechanics as always?

2 Likes

wow ptr 2.6.10 is near, so many new build to play with. Will update this post once I test it out in the ptr.

Sorry I wasn’t in the forum lately. I have been playing a summon necromance in poe. The build just feels so much like diable 2 necromancer, hope that we will be able to play that kind of necromancer in diablo 3 soonish.

Please include command skeleton, command golem and revive buff in 2.6.10.

Can you PTR on console? Because if so, that’s the time to really make a fuss about it.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/23529004#_Patch_Notes

Note: All changes apply to all versions of Diablo III, including PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC unless otherwise indicated. Please note that PTR is only available for PC and Mac users.

@Xel

Did any of your suggestions make it into this patch?

some did, some are exactly what I suggested, but some of them is similar in a way.

Especially, the bombardment buff. It is exactly what I suggested in the first version.

I have also suggested the gold pick up in paragon.

3 Likes

Its great that some of it made it through. :+1: