Patch 2.6.9 PTR has ended!

“Patch Required” I can’t log in to PTR.

I tested the new DH set and I did not like it.
While strafeing, I have to stop to fire the primary skill every now and then-which I didn’t like doing.
I feel an item that increase Strafe damage by a % would be better than this set, even by an increasing percentage over time until it falls off.
Improving Diablo3 would be better and easier and more welcome by just improving builds by creating skill-specific Legendary gems (ie: Gem of Ghoul: Rank 100-Corpse explosion deals 1000 increase damage. Gem of Gaia: rank 100- EarthQuake increase by 110% for each enemy hit).
Why are you guys making new sets when 1) some will go for the leaderboards builds and ignore most sets. 2) some will not use it because they like a certain set. ? there was still no variety at the top of the leaderboards despite all these new sets.

I really want to know the thought process behind this "method of improving Diablo 3 thru making new sets?

3 Likes

@Volklen

Post feedback for this patch in the PTR Forum.

i testet the pestilence set pls double the six set bonus.

Pestilence Master’s Shroud

• 6-Piece Set Bonus: Each corpse you consume grants you an Empowered Bone Spear charge that increases the damage of your next Bone Spear by 3300%. In addition, Corpse Lance and Corpse Explosion damage is increased by 1650% 3300% . (pls set it on 6600)
2 Likes

I tested the new DH set and it is crap indeed, very fragile and not enough DPS. I also tested the new Impaler HPS, which is nice but as many have said its damage should be increased so that it can compete as RGK (I would say to 150-200%). As for the new seasonal buff it is useless as it is…

Is it true that i have to complete campaign? Even after my char copy? :smiley:

Edit: Will the season affix work on non-season PTR? :thinking:

Yeah this set needs more attention. It’s very weak in terms of toughness. Needs buff to toughness and possibly a little more to damage.

I really not sure about steam-punk in Diablo

1 Like

I tried out the new DH set and It’s not comfortable at all for me. Physically it hurts my left arm. Pulling muscles I didn’t know I had. LOL

1.) Losing 1 stack momentum per second requires too much attention. This is the reason why it hurts my arm so much. I have to constantly keep switching back to primary skill every half a second just to keep the stack up. I’d rather lose all the stacks at once when the duration of momentum reaches to 0.

I assumed the way it worked was Strafe supports the stack by firing it off like crazy. Seeing as it is firing your last primary skill but still costing you hatred. Helping you build up the stack real fast with out any kind of punishment. Especially when you’re in Greater Rifts.

2.) The momentum stack only supports one primary skill at a time. I find that too restrictive. It should support all of the primaries. This would allow you to fire Entangled Shot (one monster or many around you because of Odyssey’s End ) then fire Hungering Arrow with out loosing all the stacks.

POE, D2, GD more or less, should I mention more?

DH set Gears of Dreadlands and patch 2.6.9
Issues:
1/ Vault cannot be used while strafing
2/ The 6 piece set bonus need to be modified - to strafe gain all rune effects / all primary skill rune
3/ The set wont survive in higher GR as the toughness is very low
4/ Compare to necro set this is more way low on dmg dealt
5/ Make this set more like Barbarian Frenzy set - as the Primary skill can deal more damage (10000% is not enough)

General patch issue:
1/ The seasonal elemental buff interval duration 2m is very long - need to be less often
2/ The season achievement gifts are useless as we expecting new wings/pets (not the pets that already we owned)

3 Likes

There is a new pet + portrait frame though, you just got to clear guardian rank to get a new pet and frame

But yeah for the most part I agree with you

Demon Hunter new set is weak, has a lots of bugs.
I put a report here: DH new set bug report with hypothesis and suggestions Please make it viable.

3 Likes

My conclusion for now, meta won’t change which is boring, I like to see variation in the meta. Please buff the impale more that it has the same power as the crusader. Would be fun to see mixed rgk’s in the meta. The season buff is more show than power tbh, weak! The new dh set, there is still a lot of work to be done for that (weak and bugged)

1 Like

Whatever you changes you do to the sets but PLEASE change the current Meta.

If this is gonna be another rats XP meta and Crus/WD/monk/barb (4man meta) then season 21 is gonna die within the first 2 weeks.

just PLEASE make sure to change the meta

3 Likes

So when do we rxpect to see some Blizzard feedback posts based on the feedback everyone’s been giving on PTR 2.6.9?

1 Like

The season theme is more bark than bite!

What I mean is the visual at times takes over the screen thus leaving one with no idea where one is.
This could be instant rip for HC!

Please consider making the visuals more transparent!
I know this isn’t going to happen, but I was hoping anyway.

2 Likes

Why a bone spear set?
We alrealdy have one…
Necro have good skills to explore… Devs lost their creativity…
Why not turn Golem a viable skill??
Bone spear sucks

2 Likes

Not really. While Pestilence does have Bone Spear buff attached to it, it isn’t very practical to use. Pestilence is a Corpse Lance set, not a Bone Spear set.

Just dont play it, go and play other games