Patch 2.6.8 Balance changes Nerfs/Buffs

I wouldn’t want them to kill RGK sader, I’ll have nightmares if I have to catch Blighter with thorns again or use BoneSpirit for 150 push …

I think they should impose a limit on HF to drastically delimit their SOLO efficiency. Maybe if his damage was limited to “the first 3 enemies”, or his damage would be reduced if it hit more than 3 enemies … That means he would have problems with adds, but I think it would be better than completely destroying Sader RGK.
In addition, if nerff AoV, they must remove the SoF stack limit.

I definitely don’t know what impact nerff rend will have, some said that from 200% to 150% it was somewhere around -3lvls, if that’s true, for WW to be in the range of ~ 140 with 10k the belt should be between 50 -70%

On second thought, this could require more calculations by the server, bogging it down and causing massive amounts of lag again. Maybe not such a good idea.

blighter is the one that needs a nerf–too op

2 Likes

Was wondering how long it would be b4 charts mcgee showed up :rofl:

3 Likes

If Blighter is fix (one more fix…), we have Bloodmaw

1 Like

Anyone who thinks Barbs need a nerf has lost perspective.

Barbs have been absolute trash for years: broken sets, outdated items, and builds that rely on gimmicks like wall-charging and ludicrous amounts of fishing. Now, at long last, we have a top-tier solo build–one, at least–and can play in off-meta speeds.

Barbs are, at long, long last, happy.

We haven’t taken over the meta, and we haven’t broken the game for anyone else. We don’t need nerfs.

All other classes, however, could use buffs.

Folks trying to use data and Cederquist’s posts (which were about Crusaders, mainly, I’ll remind you) to argue that Barbs should be nerfed have failed to look at the bigger picture. The game is much more than “data,” especially for casual players and Barb mains who spent years as the laughing stock of the game.

So, here is a better direct answer to the OP:

1. Ask Necro mains and buff all their sets and items
  2. Don’t. If the developers decide to do this, that’s on them.
  3. No.

Y’all don’t need to play Fun Police and call for nerfs when historically trash classes and builds are suddenly strong. Want more diversity in meta and off-meta groups? Want more build diversity on the leaderboard? Want more intra- and inter-class balance? Achieve that through BUFFS, not NERFS, and make everyone happy.

Some of y’all, dang, just making me like:

21 Likes

Free,

The topic of this thread is how to buff/nerf classes if Blizzard decides to do this. Please create your own thrread if you want to duscuss whether a specific class should be buffed/nerfed. The game producers comments on crusaders are unambiguous.

2 Likes

No thread should ever discuss the want of NERFS cause the overall community and anybody really that actually plays D3 on a non casual level knows that once a build is NERF nobody touches it again. IE VYRS Wiz
Hey look there having fun playing this build. Better NERF it… UM NO THANKS

6 Likes

Nah, bro.

No nerfs. Been over this a million times. Threads like this which promote the idea, speculation or not, that Barbs should be nerfed are no bueno.

Knock off the Fun Police shenanigans and let the devs do what they do.

For what it’s worth, I’ll be discussing the matter directly with Nev.

7 Likes

FYI Free,

It will be interesting to hear what Nevalistis will add to what Matthew already posted or the ETA of the blog post. Matthew Cederquist acknowledged that their target is GR 141 for 10K paragon player and wrote:

"Hey,

I haven’t chimed in to this thread in a while but i want to make sure everyone understands.

In the blog post we’ll be presenting, it’ll go over the specifics of how we balance and hopefully answer many questions.

Some have already deduced through multiple threads and replies how we envision our balance.

• Classes that are 1-2 GRs above or below our projected max GR is good.
  • Classes that are 3-4 GRs above or below our projected max GR is the grey area where we could potentially look at it to make some adjustments. Whether that be through numbers tweaking, items, or whatever other means.
  • Classes that are 5 GRs above or below our projected max GR is not good and we would aim to balance them in the near future.

So, if you’re looking at Crusader…we can all look at them and say, “Good Day! Have your fun for now!”, but…more likely than not, they’ll come down a bit next patch."

Here is the link that shows the quote in blue.

1 Like

Free you would say same thing even if Barb was doing 150s solo in non season.

4 Likes

Absolutely. Which is why I do not support a Crusader nerf.

If a Barb could do 150 solo, it would take 10-15k Paragon, and how many players can achieve it? For that matter, in non-Season, how many players can at this very moment clear 135-140 in non-Season, and with what Paragon, and with how much fishing, etc.?

Hopefully you see my gist.

This mythical perfect “balance” some of y’all are chasing is exactly that: mythical.

Can we all agree that DH, WD, Necro, Wiz, and Monk needs buffs?

I think we can.

Can we all agree that better parity between most of our major builds and classes is probably a good thing?

I think we can.

Do we need nerfs to achieve that?

No.

As soon as we start taking things away from folks, we quite literally dampen the fun people get from playing the game. Again, if the devs do it–and if they do, I hope they exercise some major restraint–that’s on them. But we don’t need to advocate for nerfs. That’s just ugly.

14 Likes

I have previously referred to balance as a unicorn :rofl:

4 Likes

Not the question he was asked though, was it?

3 Likes

I’ll say one thing. Please don’t just buff Firebird numbers. Please recreate the set if you do anything with it because it’s absolutely terrible to play with mechanics wise.

7 Likes

Agreed. As someone else noted, it is a set where you need to keep an elite alive to do maximal damage.

1 Like

I can literally clear any gr135 I open with my crusader at p7000. And clear at least 30% of the 140s I open. Stating AoV shouldn’t be nerfed is just pushing your agenda to keep building powercreep for no reason.
And yes, I am in fact a crusader main who wants shotgun to be nerfed to a reasonnable gr140 push range. And barb. And buff every other crus and barb build to this level. Because BALANCE.

6 Likes

No such thing as perfect balance. One build or class (or both) will always be a little ahead of the others, be it 1 or 2 or 3 GRs. That’s not a problem.

Don’t nerf everything. Buff instead.

Complaining about powercreep in a 7 year-old game is ridiculous considering the only end-game content with scaling difficulty caps at GR 150. In a game where weapon damage = the foundation for almost all damage output, and damaging enemies is the method for end-game progression and engagement, power = fun.

7 Likes

Please read Matthew’s quote about balance being imperfect and his thought on divergence from their target. 1-2 GRs are not a problem. 3-4 GRs are gray area. +5GRs or more is problematic.

I do not know enough about crusaders to make a mathematically valid recommendation. For barbarians, there are 2 possible items (Lamentation and Ambo) and waste set bonus that could be tweaked to get back into range. Also, removing the ability of hard cast rends to do area damage might do the trick and reduce server lag at the same time.

1 Like

This won’t help the situation with just making Fire skills do more damage with easier requirements. Tals does the same thing, but better. It needs to be something unique to Wizard that another set doesn’t already do.

Example, make Firebirds a DoT based fire spec. (Something unique that another set doesn’t do already for Wizard)
2 piece) Dealing [Fire damage] causes the enemy to take 1000% damage as Fire per second for 3 seconds. This effect can be repeated a second and third time by *different* skills. If an enemy is burning due to three different skills simultaneously, the enemy will Ignite, dealing 3000% damage per second until they die

4 piece) The Wizard gains 60% damage reduction as long as an enemy is ignited and for 10 seconds afterwards

6 piece) Ignite damage increases by 1000% every second an enemy is ignited and increases all fire damage by 10,000%

Something like this keeps it unique compared to Tals so a build like Tals Meteor and Firebird Meteor do not do 90% the same as the other.

2 Likes