Patch 2.6.8 and my thoughts and suggestions to barbarians

The new Frenzy set with FEAR makes no sense at all. Frenzy is a close combat face to face skill not a ranged one. So combining fear with frenzy is just pure stupidity and makes the set probably the most annoying one to play with aside of Wizards Firebird.

Seriously how the hell are you supposed to keep all the frenzy stacks if monsters will run from you in fear. You’ll constatnly loose stacks :man_facepalming:

Instead of fear you should choose either slow or stun affix. Fear is only good for ranged classes like DHs, Wizards or WDs. If you choose to change it to slow or stun than I would suggest to change Echoing Fury fear affix to slow or stun as well.

Change the:

2-Piece Bonus: Double the effectiveness of all Shouts. Feared Enemies take double damage.

to:

2-Piece Bonus: Double the effectiveness of all Shouts. Slowed or Stunned Enemies take double damage.

This would increase the effectivness of the Frenzy set much more than with Fear which makes this set as fun as the Wizards Firebird one.

If that’s your goal or “way to think outside the box” than congrats or you just really hate barbs…

7 Likes

Aside from the tedious aspect of having to chase down feared enemies, how is this play style going to differ from a HotA build?
With preexisting Legendary items that buff Cleave and Bash, which are also underutilized skills, already in the game it seems like the focus should be there, IMO.

Just add “root” part in 2 set piece enemies take double damage when feared and are to traumatized to run and rooted in place after fear is applied

Obviously chasing feared enemies is not popular, so instead of an entire rework how about instead make a change to the Skull of Resonance helmet to fix the problem. (it is already the shout helmet). Could make it work similarly to the WD helm.

Skull of Resonance
(change it from) - Threatening Shout has a chance to Charm enemies and cause them to join your side. (Barbarian Only)

(change to) - Threatening Shout gains the Terrify rune and feared enemies cower in place for 3-5 seconds.

Seems like a win win for everyone!

2 Likes

please, Devs, make this set for all Primary skills! somethin like this…

6-Piece Bonus: Frenzy and other Primary skills deal 1000% additional damage for each stack of Frenzy skill, and with each hit of your any Primary skills you get a stack of your Frenzy.

this means that all primary skills can attack with 10 stacks of Frenzy, superfast! :smiley: Bastion’s Revered must have for all Primary skills in cube!

I don’t really know how the CC effects split in regards to cooldowns/immunities but if they changed the fear effect into a paralysis of sorts without disrupting the other CCs i think that might help with the issue. I’m thinking the idea of a frenzied Barbarian charging at you might cause you to be “too scared to run”. adding it to the same set that needs it would be good, but it could also be added to one of the support legendaries instead (maybe Pandemonium Loop). Just a thought.

Obviously need to test it in action, but I have no issues with this approach given the AOE capability we are getting with the Frenzy updates as a whole.

Will be sure to report if it is far to difficult to properly take advantage of this buff.

As I stated above, the chaining affect of the skill might not be all that bad with the fear, but we will see.

Too bad it’s exactly like Tom and Jerry or Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote.

Predator didn’t chase his “prey” when it was running in “FEAR” from him. He used either his Net, Spear, Shoulder Cannon or Disc - ALL Ranged Weapons

If you don’t believe me than rewatch Predator 2

Frenzy IS NOT a ranged skill, so unless you add Weapon Throw to the set and allow to somehow to gain “frenzy” stacks when using wepon throw as well, than the whole set in current state with FEAR is just wrong…

2 Likes

2 cents for the idea pool:

• 2-Piece Bonus: Double the effectiveness of all Shouts. Feared or stunned enemies take double damage from your primary skills.

• 4-Piece Bonus: Hitting with a primary skill increases your damage reduction by 5% for 10 seconds, stacking up to 10 times.

• 6-Piece Bonus: Primary skills deal 1000% increased damage per stack.

4 Likes

Oh, I found a leaked video of the build being tested…

10 Likes

If we could have a rune of frenzy in thorns damages it would be so good :smiley:

I think you could counter the fleeing enemies by using a stomp which also keeps you tanky with band of might. Good work around. Don’t go with first feeling think outside the box of old builds.

This what make EF not the most expensive 1 handed weapon in Vanilla, Chasing fear enemies. This mechanic su.cks and as a main barbarian like other said, Chasing enemies as a melee character it’s even worst.

3 Likes

2-Piece Bonus: Double the effectiveness of all Shouts. Enemies under the effect of threatening shout take double damage.

Here I fixed your terrible set bonus under 5 seconds, let me know if you’d like to hire me as a developer to replace your existing bad ideas.

If I was a demon getting feared while a barbarian runs after me in hopes of maintaining his frenzy stacks in time I’d be lmao

2 Likes

" Frenzy now stacks up to 10 times and hits an additional time per stack . Each additional hit will chain to any enemies within 15 yards and the damage is split between all affected enemies."

I think this is going to work better than players currently believe it will, and then the only tuning will be the actual 6 pc bonus.

1 Like

Split damage would be good for dense mobs if they would stay within 15 yards. Unfortunately, I think Feared enemies will scatter in all directions and be outside the 15 yard AOE.

Split damage also means RG’s with Adds will be a pain to kill. Perendi, Saxtris, and Hamlin… ugh.

Yeah but that’s on the 2H weapon, not on set, right now i’m sure LoN version is safer with pretty close numbers.

1 Like

I guess I would have to run the numbers, but pretty sure the set is going to outperform the LoD/LON setups due to the 6pc bonus being higher, and then either additional rings or a legendary gem (which in this instance there are a lot of options including the obvious, but then also Zei’s due to the chain effect and then the generator gem for some damage and sustain).

Where the LoN set surpasses is in the DR as you note, which is something I am prepared to document in the PTR forums once we can test the survivability as I think it should be 6% per stack up to a max 60% DR not 50%.

1 Like