PATCH 2.6.7A Video issues

I, this evening I fired up battle.net and the app installed the latest Diablo 3 patch. As soon as the game started I saw some video artifacts. When the game starts loading after pressing resume game the loading page turns into two big colored panels and during the game grey and yellow panels show during the action. My laptop is a brand new Microsoft surface pro 7 with i7 and 16gb of ram and Intel Iris graphics. I’ve played the game with no issues at all for 14 hours and tonight after the new patch installed al this mess happened. I’ve tried to uninstall the game and battle net and reinstall them, but the issue remains. Can anybody please give me some advice? Thanks.
Ps: I apologize if my English isn’t perfect . Btw, nothing happened on the laptop since yesterday evening (yesterday’s game played flawlessly).

Hey there,

Lets go ahead and grab a DxDiag so we can further investigate the problem. Here are the instructions:

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the DXDiag. It’ll look like this:
DXDiag goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

Hi I’m back at home. Here is the paste bin–> pastebin(dot) com/SpgPy7nV

And here is my msinfo file–> pastebin (dot) com/nH9XTeZ2

Thanks in advance if you can be of any help.

VonSpace,

The surfacebook can be prone to overheating while gaming - especially if you’re at max resolution/high settings. They’re designed more for workstation work instead of gaming. I checked your files and it looks like your graphics drivers are actually crashing - Windows is force crashing them to stop your computer from having a Blue Screen of Death error. Can you try lowering your game settings? I’d start by dropping your in game resolution to 1920x1080(p) and lower other graphics settings to see if that helps.

If that doesn’t work it’s likely overheating. Grab hwmonitor and play a game until it crashes. Once it does, check the “max” column of your test for CPU/GPU overheating. If those are getting too hot, clean the PC and take it to a PC tech if that doesn’t fix the overheating - that’d probably mean some of the heat hardware needs maintenance or replacement.

If you don’t see anything, let’s snag some screenshots:

1. Maximize the HWMonitor window and expand all the nodes on the left
  2. Scroll all the way up
  3. Take a screenshot with the Print Screen (prtscn) key
  4. Open up the program Paint and press ctrl+v to paste in the test
  5. Crop the screen if you want to only show the test, then save it as Test1.JPG
  6. Scroll all the way down, then repeat steps 3-5.
  7. Upload them somewhere like imgur and link us to the results. We’ll use those to look for more options.

If you have link errors, copy the code below, then copy/paste your link between two ` marks, it’ll break the link and let you post it. You can just copy paste everything in the box below and replace “Link goes here” with your link.

`
Link goes here
`