Patch 2.6.7 (New PTR changes)

don’t rats get stronger with season theme?

Keep hearing nerfs and other changes but I don`t see any patch note changes.

The source of this info is the demo that was in the blizzcon

That’s reasonable. That Transformative frame was pretty stupid. I mean, it still makes reverse Archon a thing, so it wasn’t the right nerf, but it’s better than the cancer of starpact.

It was probably a change they could make with absolutely no collateral damage and it took 5 minutes.

Unfortunately, combined with Chantodo's nerf, Wizards might be right out of the meta in speeds AND progression. I have no idea how that capabilities of trash clearers will stack up now.

Had a lot of fun with the WW/Rend Barb in the PTR and was really looking forward to kickstarting S19 with it.
This makes me a sad.

8 Likes

I mean I for one am happy Bazzoka is finally nerfed. The way they nerfed it is when you enter Archon your deathwish and etched sigil don’t work anymore which is what was intended in the first place. This could actually open up a door for other trash killers in the META.

3 Likes

If watch the whole video sVr actually says he disagrees with the Barb nerf.

For any who don’t know he’s the one who created Bazooka and agrees it should be killed off for the good of the community.

2 Likes

There is a lot of disappointment, but most will probably play next season. The theme looks pretty good and it would be better if they lowered the 1,000 consecutive kills to 500 or 750, because everything is dead by then so nobody seems to know what happens other than an occult symbol.

As for the Barb, the negative feedback already might make them put at least 50-100% back on the belt or even mid-season if it sucks without it.

Either way, make the best of what we have.

I hope they nerf starpact even harder again. Was the trashclearer before bazooka so i can see it reverting back to that and and just macro spam still but weaker.

Good job changing rgk meta maybe not the best implementation destroying boneringer also but was a clever idea changing blighters tick rate.

I think secretly the barb community know that new hota will clear higher than pre nerf rend and are happy the attention is being drawn away from it and looking forward to more time on the forums anyways.

1 Like

Being an avid barb & wiz player myself since vanilla days (with avg 2k hrs on each class across 2 accounts), i too agree the disparity between both classes is great. Archon is supposedly be the embodiment of ultimate magical power, and yet, w/o the chanties, they are just a vase, and we’re not talking about reverse archon yet (good old days of crypt runs :upside_down_face:). I cannot play bazooka spec as my latency is 250ms+ consistently, but i have seen enough videos to acknowledge its trash clear prowess, and this, together with vyr chanties, have been overwhelming builds for many seasons. Barbs on the other hand, like many have said, last viewed as a dps-er in a speed/meta teams more than 12 seasons ago. Barbs are supposedly be mighty warriors, dashing into the frontline dishing out damage and absorbing attacks for his/her allies, not only as supports. I think giving s19 a season for the barbs to shine in both speed/meta teams as dps-er would not be much to ask for, and leaving Lamentation belt as per phase 1 of PTR 2.6.7 might do just that. Furthermore, Blizzcon 2019 did use the Barbarian image to represent Diablo’s iconic class.

In summary, i would also advocate aligning wiz chanties and bazooka down to where the average solo clears of other classes, and keep phase 1 of PTR 2.6.7 buffs for barbs fully intact. We can always review the ’barbs’ performance’ for s20.

3 Likes

I am sure bazooka nerf is in place but I hope the lamentation belt in the stream on the console was just an old belt and not the new iteration with 200% buff. I would love to play Rend as a trash clear even if i have to play 0 AD due to server lag.

3 Likes

The rest of the screenshot all showed improved and adjusted items. I doubt they would show the old belt…

So you started calling names? Whose words should I trust more - the man’s who actually did 140+ for all classes in game and have tons of experience or your, noname scrub brainless creature? :smiley:
Did you even try doing 140 with 300ms+ ping? Don’t even bother answering cos you havent even done 120 solo. Can you plz shove your noob thoughts deep up into the Moonclan cave?

1 Like

Attack me for name calling by calling me names. 10/10 argument.
You’re under the misrepresentation that somebody can’t have knowledge on a subject without having experience. Like a sports medicine coach that doesn’t workout but knows how the players should workout. Get what i’m saying?
I’m pretty sure he botted his way over 10k paragon.

3 Likes

wasn’t me who started it m8 , not me… I respect everyone on this forum as long as they don’t start calling names. And I respect your opinion that you think that Darkpator had 0 chance to do even 142 with pre-nerf PTR barb. I just don’t agree. And no need to be rude and aggressive.

You can’t be a trash killer with 0 AD. At least not for 130+ .

Solid 5yr old comeback.

You can think what you want. I’ve already explained it multiple times to you and many others who are being purposefully ignorant to common sense logic and basic understanding.
I’ve tried to talk with you before and you are stubborn to everything and anything that you don’t agree with. I’m just going to save myself the time and ignore you.

Because trolls want Barb to be forever a zdps slave to the meta. And the devs listened.

3 Likes

PTR at Blizzcon was on PS4 and you can’t really play Bazooka Wiz on it so interesting to see why people think it got a nerf in round 2 of PTR for 2.6.7.

Guess we will have to wait for the patch notes.