Patch 2.6.7 Live

Patch 2.6.7 is live, which means Era change is live!

Patch notes can be found here: https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/23220967/patch-267-now-live-11-12-2019

Two key changes from my perspective:

• “Angels should no longer one-shot Rift Guardians.”
    Hopefully we can avoid an Angel RGK in Season 19.
  • “Bug Fixes
    Wizard
    Archon
    Fixed an issue where certain item bonuses (such as from the item Deathwish) would persist between changing forms to/from Archon
    Developer’s Note: A few patches ago, we stated we were going to continue to observe Bazooka Wizard to see its performance over time. Back then, we thought it would require a high level of skill to execute that would make it relatively less utilized as a hard, but rewarding, gameplay option. That hasn’t been the case, as many feel it’s too mandatory. In the context of this and other changes (like Bone Ringer and Chantodo’s), we think it makes sense to make this change now.”
    Not sure if this is quite as much of a nerf as I would like, but I guess it’s a step in the right direction.

Thoughts?

2 Likes

Mixed feelings overall. I was quite interested in seeing what changes were made to the Crusader and Monk sets but that’s well and truly tempered by my frustration at the huge nerf to Rend. Would have loved to see WW Barb getting some time in the sun.

Yeah, I really enjoyed the Barb on the PTR, and was hoping it would stick so Barb fans can feel some power.

I’ve recently heard that the Crusader buffs could mean a solo 150 (with one done a little over time), didn’t see it myself though. If that’s the case, it makes the Barb nerf more odd.

Hopefully though, another buff for Barb is considered in future if it is still underpowered. Blizzard seemed to suggest they would be monitoring.

1 Like

I think that barb should’ve been left as it is, basically blizzard had no logical reason for nerfing it.

Crusader is super OP… they nerfed bone ringer and gave us bone ringer on crack. Applied on attack rather than per second.

Not complaining but I don’t see any logic to blizzards decisions.

Due to the power creep on other classes barb should not have been nerfed.

(One Unhappy Barb)

The fact that they nerfed the bone ringer instead of say lowering the thorns passive percentage has ticked me off, basically the only fun I myself had with a necro build and also the barb nerf is pretty stupid. The fact the crusader will make the barb look useless apart from a zbarb is also infuriating… Blizzard can eat a fat one lol

Crusader: Really Enjoy the Sader Set, im still figuring it if its possible to speed like RATS can given its current pushing power has clear solo 150. Will be testing this weekend. But Potentially at this Stage Maining this in S19 for Solo Play and Monk as always for zDPS ( At least that didnt change )

Monk: Well im personally very disappointed about monk ,The New set has to be my personal favorite set for Monk at the moment the gameplay is easy and fun for me.Although It feels like T16 speed is about all its going to do but its not very good for pushing compared to other sets. The Set Visually looks amazing to play but its far from doing G100 in a decent time.

Barb - Well we all know thats RIP WhirlREND, Seismic Slam got some love but its by no means Speed Gameplay. HoTa LOD Barb i enjoy personally , I swap out Band of Might for Unity that way i dont need Furious Charge and can use the new shoulder change to have my Ancient for Damage Mitigation , therefore then also running Remoreless for the 250% damage boost. I like the change in Gameplay and feels abit more engaging.

Wizard: Not Happy StarPact is still a thing , its still a requirement Meta Wise and would ideally like to see something else take its spot or be on par. Cause its all about Grouping would be great if the New Monk Set and FireBats WD could Proc Area Damage like the Wizard can on the same Damage Scale

Necro : Overall Happy with BoneRinger NERF. Sitting on the RG building stacks and being useless during Trash Time is really boring gameplay. Especially if your RG Fishing on top of that. RGK should in my opinion be able to handle any RG.

TLDR Version Sorta : Very mixed feelings about S19 Gameplay Overall as unsure if RATS will just dominate again for SPEEDS , overall happy with Patch Changes

I know im not your biggest Fan TREP :smiley: But theres away opportunity to make amends Good Luck with your pushing in S19, your did a fantastic job in S18 Trep

1 Like

I’m not a rift pusher, but I can certainly see where and how people are mad at some of the changes.

My biggest gripe isn’t actually with the patch itself (except that “should” word regarding angels OHKOing GRGs)…it’s about what isn’t listed. Specifically, I play D3 with friends, and there is no mention at all in the patch notes that they’ve addressed the ongoing party formation issues, amongst other things. It’s infuriating when you have limited time to play and you need to spend X amount of said time just trying to form a bloody party that the game recognises. We shouldn’t have to perform full relog cycles or character swaps to play a simple game.

But as for the topic itself, thank you for the breakdown Trep. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The partying issues are certainly frustrating, and are still ongoing as far as we can tell. I believe they were related to Battle.net changes, so might be a different team than Diablo 3. That said I am with you in hoping they are solved really soon.

2 Likes