Party finder and chat

I just want to honestly ask devs. Why was party finder even a thing? I never hear about people not being to make or join games until diablo 2 resurrected beta came out. How would pc players feel If this is what they had to deal with?

5 Likes

The problem is they seem to love their quarterly report Q3 '21 more than their final product on consoles, its long time sucess or their customers.

They got hundreds of pages of feedback here, thousands of messages all over the forums and social media and they still go with that ridiculous dumb down.

NOBODY ever asked for a “modernization” of Diablo 2 that breaks its multiplayer component.
The people who did this while advertising a faithful experience should be ashamed of themselves on a personal level.

4 Likes

There are many d3 Kids jumping in the game for some weeks. They hoped to get some cash from this players and casuals and solo players they dont care us oldschool people.

2 Likes

The point is, it would be so easy to serve both demographics.
They can leave in a fixed party finder and they can add/could have left in “classic matchmaking”/lobbies for dedicated players.
Leaving in text chat would have been no work at all and adding ingame voice chat would have been a change that actually would have made sense and would have served all players equally.

I totally get that they add stuff to cater to kids and casuals - 21 years are a long time after all.
But there was never ever any justification for taking the real mechanics, beloved for 2 decades out!

Wonder what the PC crowd would say, if they had to deal with such a purposefully mutilated version?

4 Likes

They act as though people aren’t smart enough to figure out how to join and create games.

They think their audience is dumb, or at least they want their audience to be dumb.

4 Likes

Yes this plus a thousand likes. D2 has crazy drop rates which in part makes the game so fun… however when you combine that with a terrible trading and multiplayer experience you are going to get a game that lasts a few months instead of a few decades. I’ll still play but fear I will get bored easily with the watered down version of D2

4 Likes

Definitely this… the communication we will be available to will be such an inconvenience, people won’t even attempt to invite others.

No lobbies and it’s dead single player game.

2 Likes

A chat window would maybe make people give it a try at least. If we could talk with randoms ingame we would feel like a comunity. Only talking with friends on other Programm or psn is far different.

3 Likes

Yeah if pc got the match making they would be soooo angry :angry:

2 Likes