Paragon Level for console players

Hey All,

I consider myself a bit more than a casual player of DR seasonal, When I look at the leader boards for PC seasonal I see top players sitting at 6K plus… How the heck do you get to 6k in a little over a month???

Right now I am at 1500 PL on my Xbox and currently running GR125 speed runs and my push is at GR136 with all augments fire monk.
What Paragon Level is good to move to GR 140? GR145? I was hoping to compare to console profiles but it seems like everyone has 3K + Any info would be great!

Alos, I play solo only as it seems to be hard to find groups that play well. I would be interested to know how others are doing in S25! GL and Good Hunting!

You play 4-man META GR runs over and over and over and over for 8-14 hours a day.

I’m not at Paragon 800 yet, season completed, which is very unusual as I am always at least 800 before I can get the conquests done. But, I did have one or 2 125 augments (thanks to Shards) so that probably made up for it.

My target end goal is nothing specific (just play to whatever point I decide to stop) - I’ve picked up a few side things that weren’t really needed but were nice, like finding the pet Liv Moore and completing the “unique kills” achievement by finally finding Hyadures.

Thats the great thing about this game you do what you like to do! I use to be a HC-only PC player and over time I found it hard to justify death due to DC Server lag Cat jumping on KB… So XBOX X is better for me.

I played just the first weekend solo and hit P1200…playing in 4 man groups you will be smashing GR140’s in 2/3 mins easy.

P6000 is still sheer dedication (or botting) but is very achievable given mass power creep.

2 Likes

botting…Blizzard don’t care.

More paragon than I have (p1300), but I am a solo player. Doing GR115 speed runs, best time in 1:40. Can push it to GR120 no problems, typically ~4.5 minutes per clear. Probably will migrate up to the GR120 speed clears.

Console players cannot see a player’s paragon points on the LBs. This majorly sucks and shows what a crappy design the console LBs were/are.

My guess is that the top players on console are already at p3500 or thereabouts.

I managed a GR134 in 12:54 tonight, playing s6 impale HC. Rank 13, but with the 11 modder cheating scum ahead of me and the guy ahead of me, really rank 2. I’ll farm paragon until the end of season from now on, and have some alternate gear in my stash already, for a final push near seasons end. Hope to at least get a GR135, hopefully a GR136. Aiming for p2000 by seasons end.

I pop on from time to time and see some of my friends are in the 2,000-2,800 paragon range but they seem to do that each season. I’ve never seen anyone with 3k+ yet, most of my friends on playstation barely break 1k paragon before they complete the season and move on to other things and wait for next season. (I’m one of those myself - I completed the season once with less than 500 paragon and just stopped playing since I had it completed).

Im the guy that says a season should be 1 week! haha

Or maybe just reset the console leader boards every week, that way people might actually keep playing thru the season. It takes that joker/jester guy about 2 days before he corrupts all of the playstation leader boards and another 3 days for all his clonies to really seal the deal

1 Like

My problem with the Seasons is that I need something to keep me playing. Being a “bad player”, it’s useless for me to aim for the Leaderboards (which are mostly legit on X-Box as far as I know). If there are no further rewards (like the transmogs las season) or new possibillities (like with the fourth cube slot), there’s not enough to keep me playing season, and I go back to messing around with non-season that offers more possibilities after 8 years of collecting every Ancient, Primal, Gem, whatever…

I wish there were more rewards, no matter how useless or silly, to keep going in the seasons, since I always get a kick out of completing them. But as far as paragons go…

I think that at a certain point, when you’ve done the augment tango and have some 2000 paragos it’s realy a matter of skill in playing instead of levels that decide your max. In non-season I’m 5500 paragon, wit fully augmented gear (I leeched all of my 150-gems of better players as a support barb), but my personal best (as an LOD Twister) is below 130. I’m pretty happy with that, but I know that a good or at least better player would probably do 150 by now…

Wht I’m saying is, don’t focus TOO much on paragon once you’ve got a good build and decent augmented gear.

500 Paragon? Geez! I barely ever break Paragon 500 by the time the season journey is done.

This was one season, where I didn’t even break Paragon 100 by the time I completed the Season Journey (though, on the PC).

Anyway, on the PS4 this season, I believe I ended up @ Paragon 298. So yeah, I’m probably not the best player to ask about gaining lots of Paragon for pushing.

anyone on console that is para 999 day 1 uses savewizzard i think its called ( modding teh save file for fully anceient gear/ primals) and blizzard lets it happen… also everyone (currently topp100 maybe top 200 by now) ARE ALL MODDED/cheaters. if you want a legit leader board go PC console seasonal is dead unless psn/blizz work on it and fix the rampant cheating on console…

you’re wasteing your time on there if your chasing leaderboards…

1 Like

I am on the switch and I have 2,150 paragon. My friends list has some serious players and they are all under 3k at the moment. A couple of them have what we think are the top 3 and 4 man clears. One of them went over 4k before the end of the last season. One guy has cleared a 150 with Inna and I think he was around 2.5k paragon. Several have cleared a 150 with Firebird at a lower paragon but Firebird is OP.

Looks at PC leaderboards…full of 6k paragon folks…botting…

Really? PC is as free of cheating compared to PS4? Don’t think so.

2 Likes

The guy right above me on the leaderboards on the PC has 750+ hours played this season. Yeah, I doubt anyone legit is getting fewer than 5 hours of sleep a night while playing Diablo 3 every other minute.

But I will say it gets frustrating to me that I have nearly 90 hours this season (split between HC/SC), and it feels like I’ve put every waking moment into the game which I’m not at work. Then again, I’m probably just burnt out. I was hoping to finally break GR140 (sitting at 125 now with 1200 Paragon), but I just can’t see that happening.

2 Likes

if you plan on doing those levels in solo, you will need at least 3k.

You can do it in a lot fewer than 3k. It just requires fishing. I’ve seen PC players legitimately clear 150 with under 1100 paragon this season.

The difference between a great rift and an average rift can be 5+ minutes.

But also, that’s the problem for me. It’s not the style of play I like. I’m currently using a slightly different build that I can clear 120s in about 3 mins at my current paragon, regardless of the greater rift. And I don’t have to worry about grouping enemies together. And when I went up to 131, I wasn’t in any peril of dying.

Well, let me correct myself. This season, I’ve seen myself proc instantaneously for mysterious reasons on multiple occasions. 3 different occasions just in the past day, I proc’d while also having the shield pylon. And it’s not that I’m using gems that stagger damage or a unity that shares damage. There’s definitely a bug in the game that allows damage on a few occasions, regardless if you are shielded. But I don’t exactly know how to replicate it. I just play safe, even with molten monsters, as I can never be sure things are going to work the way they should.

1 Like

Apart from Paragon it’s also a matter of having the absolute META build and feeling good playing it.

My point is this: I know that a lot of Necro Builds rely on insanely long cooldowns. That means pulling, kiting, etc. As I hate both, I don’t play them much.

The other option is Rathma. While it’s sort-of, kind-of fun it still doesn’t really float my boat. So na matter how many paragons I put in, I’m not going to be really enjoy it enough to keep going.

I’m currently at Paragon 1050+, I have a fully Augmented (well, 625…) set of the gear I want and I play a LoD Skeletal Mages WITHOUT LotD but with a Generator. I’m sitting at GR 116, and I hope to get a 120 out of it by the end of the season. That may not be very impressive to most, but I have fun. I can add 2000 paragons, and all that would get me is a crapload of Resist and would push my Int to 30000 instead of the current 20000. That will never get me to GR 140, let alone 150.

And as far as the Leaderboards go, I’m (as far as I can tell) the only one not playing Rathma (some 99%) or Corpse Explosion LoD (the final 1%, including Nos 1&2).

So apart from Skill (re: my previous post), it’s also a matter of enjoying your build enough to obtain the required skill & gear and the abillity to be able to push yourself enough to reach the upper levels.

1 Like

The top players will probably be north of p3500 by now…especially when the #1 4 man group on PS4 HC is using a modder in their group to clear GR150 runs in 45 seconds…reported this and the myriad modders in s25 near 2 weeks ago to hacks@blizzard.com and as expected, Blizzard has done fat squat diddly bugger sweet all. Lazy and useless mob they are. I’ll throw in incompetent too.

True, but some of us are still up there on the LBs. Currently rank 22 on the solo DH overall HC LBs - the top 18 are cheaters, then the next 3 are playing m6 ms sentry which is around 5 GRs stronger than my s6 impale build. 1 of those 3 cheaters is playing in a 4 man group that’s using a modder…so he’s a cheater too.

But yeah, save wizard is still an issue.

That’s pretty low. I managed a GR130 in 6.5 minutes (NS) @ p2700 with augments between 110-120 and gems in the mid 120s. And that’s playing the mirror image shields variant which is probably 5-7 GRs weaker…And I’m not the greatest wizard player by any means lol!

Yup. How do we have PC elitists posting in our sub forum…they can post in our section but we can’t in theirs…shows you how much Blizzard really cares about console players.

what levels? I did my GR134 clear HC @ p1300 with s6 impale. All solo. s6 impale is incapable of hitting GR150 not even with 10k paragon. But, I’m kicking some good behind this season. Can’t beat the modders though. Scum.

Are you guys starting to get it now? Blizzard doesn’t care about us. Why not just boycott s26. Don’t play at all. All of us. Spread the word. If we get enough people refusing to play s26 it will make a serious dent in their quarterly statement. And that’s what WILL hurt Blizzard.

And that’s what you should be having - fun. Keep playing your way and enjoying the game. That’s what really matters. meta is NOT healthy for the game.

1 Like

I be clear 3k to do 150 solo on console.

glad you can. Not all builds can do this. Again, so much for a balanced game…

Balance is nice and all, but on the other hand it’s not an absolute must.

If I’m not mistaken mrtheoden is a dedicated Shadow Impale player, and his accomplishment in achieving, say, GR120 is just as great as clearing a 150 playing Inna. I achieved my goal of doing a 120 this season yesterday, playing a Helltooth. That got me on number 9 in the HT leaderboards and makes it my biggest clear ever with a WD. It’s all relative…

2 Likes

but it’s not relative. Completing a GR150 earns you more XP/paragon. You get higher gem levels. You get higher augments. Similarly, m6 ms sentry this season, being ~5GRs stronger than s6 impale, makes it harder for me to compete on the LBs.

It is NOT all relative.

Has HT garg had a buff? I did a GR105 a few seasons back at p800, no augments, gems ~ rank 100. so-so gear. I don’t think HT garg is the best WD build though now, is it?