Paragon cap of 800 is not good

This season whole season is a nerf. Hope you guys consider doing something different. Very disappointing. Liked the idea of being able to put 200 points into some stats, but gonna top out first day or two of the season. what a let down.

4 Likes

I on the other hand like it. I can farm bounties without doing acts, what is tedious and not fun for me. Also botters are screw, because of no paragons farming and botting mats.

2 Likes

Sure, XP farming will be dead, but there’s still significant advantages to botting mats and gear.

4 Likes

So the paragon cap doesn’t affect farming bounties. With or without the cap - it’s a non-issue.

I also don’t understand how the point of the season is to screw botters over. I don’t care one way or another about them, personally. I just want a good experience for myself. My understanding is that seasonal play provided people a boost to encourage people to want to play seasonal. From what I can tell, most seasonal characters will be weaker extra paragon points being the only boost, and probably not enough to compensate for someone with 5k paragon or more).

Plus, as Kargon said, botters will still have the option to farm tons of mats and reforge until they have gear that would be unreasonably tedious for a regular player.

1 Like

Paragon cap is a huge disadvantage to botters and massively levels the LB playing field. The power differences between perfect gear and almost perfect gear is negligible, especially when compared to the paragon power scaling that currently exists. Pushing will now be more skill based than ever before.
Bots will have next to no advantage this season and that’s a very good thing for players who want to be competitive.
I understand not everyone cares about leaderboard or botters, but if you ignore the character power levels of previous seasons and just play s29 for what it is, you’ll find that FAR more builds are going to be viable and you don’t have to spend all your time farming GRs for paragon. You get to play virtually whatever build you like and not feel like you’re handicapping your character.
The only suggestion I have for this season is to implement some of the QoL features from the s28 altar, such as pets collecting and salvaging junk items. The movement speed situation is also questionable and probably needs to be addressed.

1 Like

I would gain over 40% damage if my seasonal char was decked in perfect gear rather than what my 150 hours have gotten me. Sure, it’s significantly less than 6-7-8k extra paragon, but negligible it’s not.

1 Like

They took down the biggest bot anyway afaik its dead, and if not botting is not only for Paragon now the Botters can esay get Gear Advantage because they make way more legy/h which ofc means they have a way Higher chance for primals/ good ancients. I hate the cap aswell Paragon farming always was nice and kept me playing the Game but now i have my P800 after the first Session of Season Start and thats it for me so why should i even Start.

The official title for S29 should be “one day season”.

2 Likes

This just isn’t true, you’ll find everything this paragon change does the Altar did it better with significantly more toughness and damage. Sure some changes like CDR where the Altar could do 50% but relied on a potion proc, the paragon gets 40% all the time, but I’d have a feeling if you asked most players would you rather rely on a potion mechanic to gain 50% CDR (and 100% RCR btw) or lose 15 GR’s of power but have it up permanently they’d likely choose the former then the latter. Players like good risk vs reward which the current season was providing.

There’s no risk vs reward with the new season. Every build that doesn’t have Guardian’s in it now feels like a total risk; an absolutely awful squish fest in comparison to current season. Making some builds just not viable in comparison. With current season it’s like almost every build doing 150’s just some quicker than others, it’s actually the most balanced season ever when it comes to that thanks to the actual GR cap.

Now without Altar you’re going to have the sets that are doing the equivalent to GR160’s (current speed 150’s) , barely doing 150’s then the non-meta builds that were doing 150’s get absolutely trashed back down to minimum acceptance (135). Sorry I don’t call that ‘more viable’, quite the opposite.

If this paragon change came with the Altar then maybe 800 cap would have worked, but it didn’t so you’re getting double hit here. Most builds from what they do with 3k paragon is taking something like a 20-25 GR hit, it’s absolutely devastating and I fail to understand why players want to feel that so badly. You’re never going to want to push a build that’s only doing 130’s, youll always go to the one that can touch the 150 to make it seem like you didn’t go much backward when you actually did.

My pet theory is that S29 was gutted from the altar “temporarily” to entice further players to move to D4. That game made a monstrous amount of money already from…eager players (for lack of more colorful terms that will get me banned) but more dollars are always welcome.

2 Likes

They need to reset the power creep so they can scale it back up with recycled season themes. I don’t think the two teams really coordinate much. Sure D4 needs a ton of work but it has good bones. Is it what you would expect from a AAA developer who essentially wrote the book on Arpgs? Probably not. But let’s not forget how rough D3 was when it was released, and all the additional content that made D2 what it is. You can tell the majority of the budget for D4 went to art design, which is fine, but it’s going to take years of player input and tons of content before it’s close where it should be…