Paragon 20,000!

This is pretty crazy! First time seeing someone max paragon level!

Either has no life outside Diablo 3 or bots. Take your choice.

2 Likes

… or has a brother :grin:

2 Likes

That’s pretty interesting.

I imagine Mario coming in here and saying they’re a botter because they’re higher than he is.

What do you really do at that point?

1 Like

Blizzard should reward this individual with a ban for botting

4 Likes

Autobots Assemble!!!

7 Likes

I wonder how many hours a day you have to play (since they opened the Paragon level cap) to achieve 20,000 level? I bet it’s a LOT! You won’t get much sleep, I bet. :sleepy: :sleeping_bed: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Using https://maxroll.gg/d3/paragon-calculator I plugged in these criteria…

• Start Paragon = 1
  • End Paragon = 20,000
  • GR Level = GR150
  • GR Time = 3 minutes
  • Town Time = 15 seconds
  • Number of Players = 4
  • XP pooled = Yes
  • Hours Per Day = 8

The results were…

• XP needed = 134.97 Quadrillion
  • XP Per Hour = 21.55 Trillion
  • Hours Needed = 6264
  • Days Needed = 782.90

In other words, if you did nothing else but 3 minute GR150s, with 15 seconds in between them, for 8 hours a day, every day of the year, it would take around 2 years 2 months.

But, hold on, what about the GR keys you’d need? Each GR + Town is 3 min 15 seconds, so in each 8 hour period you’d need (8 * 60) / 3.25 = 147 keys. But you’re doing this for 792 days, so that’s 792 * 147 = 116,972 GR keys needed. Let’s assume you’re farming those with a follower emanating the chance of extra keys, so 5 per NR, that’s 23,394 NRs. Let’s say you can do those in 90 seconds each. That’s another 23,394 * 1.5 minutes = 35,091 minutes = 584.85 hours. Let’s say you do 8 hour shifts of those too, that’s 584.85 / 8 = 73 days, or another two and a bit months of key farming.

Sarcasm Mode = On
Sounds completely legit.
Sarcasm Mode = Off

13 Likes

He “only” has 15k more levels on hardcore to go LOL

2 Likes

I’ve been playing since before Season 1. I only have a little under 17K paragons to match this person. So I know I can catch up!

Someone used their IBM Watson time in a very bad way.

2 Likes

Good numbers to know, however the person has 1k paragon in season and the 20k is non-season

Not claiming anything of legitness but since the 20k cap lift some 8 years ago, quite possible.

In fact just looked it up this player was highlighted last year for reaching it, so been so for awhile. Last year we had the super juiced up Altar, this is all entirely possible legit from the numbers.

1 Like

Maybe so, but I bet that person hasn’t seen daylight for some time. So I wonder what’s worse? Botting or haven’t spent any time away from your computer playing D3? Just saying.

2 Likes

Of course all not good, just highlighting that it’s not a season we’re talking about it’s all time since the paragon cap was lifted even before seasons began. The fact that said player is only 1k paragon this season shows they’re not 24/7.

Now were they in the past? and did they bot in the past? All that I’m not going to speculate, I’m just saying the numbers actually check out since there has been almost 3,000 days since on NS.

1 Like

From his profile, he has played 35,966 hours.* or the equivalent of 4.1 years assuming 24/7 playtime.

'* His DH is his most played class at 13,631 hours but only lists 3,631 since it went 5 digits in the hours.

1 Like

That would be 8 hours a day, everyday for the life of D3.

Seems totally legit.

:rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

sorry, tried to keep a straight face.

4 Likes

At…

• 20 hours per day = 1,798.3 days = 4 years 338 days
  • 16 hours per day = 2,247.875 days = 6 years 58 days
  • 12 hours per day = 2,997.166 days = 8 years 77 days
  • 8 hours per day = 4,495.75 days = 12 years 116 days

Now, remember, Diablo III came out 15th May 2012, i.e. 11 years 11 months ago. Originally level 60 was the level cap, paragon level was hero-specific and limited to paragon 100. It wasn’t until 2014 that ROS released, increasing the level cap and making paragon shared between heroes in the same game mode. It wasn’t for many years that players got even anywhere close to GR150s. Remember, these calculations were based entirely on 3 minute GR150s with just 15 seconds between them, i.e. something that wasn’t possible for the majority of D3’s lifetime.

2 Likes

I remember Raxx or Wudijo showing someone that hit para 20k a couple of years ago. Recall they did the math and the conclusion was… botter.

4 Likes

I think I’ve seen a screenshot of some player on Asia servers having reached 20k paragon and that was years ago. Obviously doing that legit would be pretty much impossible.

1 Like

From his profile:

On April 9, 2020, he was 10,485 paragon. On 1/19/2023, he was 19,998 paragon. On 1/22/2023, he was 20,000 paragon.

1 Like