Paladin for Diablo IV

Fixed your melee character list per Diablo game.

So we have melee in D4 also, so the knigt in shineing armour is not madatory as starter, but will appear later for shure.

Was going more for the ‘holy’ warrior vibe. I only added the warrior in the mix to give D1 some attention.

Edit.

Doesn’t have to be part of the starting line-up either. Expansion pack or DLC will work also.

Still we have the melee classes. Just wait for an expac or DLC. They will not leave out the arche type it’s just not in the starter line up.

I know. I would like to see something ‘other’ than the Paladin or Crusader making its way into D4. Templar, Knight, holy what-have-you, doesn’t matter to me.

Maybe it can be part of a 2 class expansion pack like D2:LoD was. That would be nice. If that happens, be interesting to see what the second class would be.

So much potential, so many ideas, that’s what makes the Diablo franchise worthwhile to play. I look forward to D4.

1 Like

Having a Paladin/Crusader have a split personality would be interesting.

One follows the light, like the previous games. Uses the left side of the skill trees etc. The other version would be the fallen angel variety. A dark Paladin/Crusader, using the right side of the skill trees etc.
Or some similar semblance of the above.

Some folks would play the anti-Paladin, some folks would play warrior of the light.

2 Likes

If they made a class like pally with the iconic skills it would prolly become a support class. Simply because auras. And then it just becomes mandatory in every group. My guess is that is something they dont want. Dont think they want z classes like in d3.
Maybe it will come but they prolly tweak it a bit before release.

Just my guess though. Maybe they want support builds. Personally i wouldnt mind.

Paladin is more than just support. It’s a great tank, dps and support. Also all classes now in D4 have supportive skills, makeing all of them valuable in a group for that role.

1 Like

Careful, last time Blizzard designed a paladin character that isn’t severely deficient in one or more critical areas, it cratered an entire professional league.

“Knight” would fit nicely with “rogue” and you could have a paladin subclass of sorts. Or we can just say that D4’s “knights” are absolutely present & accounted for, albeit shirtless.

Paladin Auras should simply only work for the paladin itself, as well as his summons and NPC companions.
Like, a paladin could have a skill called “Squire”, a customizable NPC follower (on top of real Merc/follower system that will hopefully be added to D4). Heck, this could even be their special class system.
Might also be able to summon magical holy warriors (like the Phalanx), or if Dark Paladin is a thing (which it should be), summon unholy warriors like a Necromancer.
All these could be affected by the auras.

And of course, Auras can affect enemies as well.

1 Like

I would think, since D4 is an MMO light that you want those aura’s to help your friends. There are no timed rifts here, the metas are mostly unknown.

Frankly I would think all character classes would have some “communal” skill to help a group. Can’t say I’ve seen any evidence of this in what I’ve seen though.

To add to this, the class could even be called the Vindicator, or also known as the Sin-Bearer. The class would specialize in physical, cold, and lightning abilities, as well as auras. Their specializations could be something called “Hands of Akarat”, in which they could infuse the effects of the auras to their skills which would change how they operated.

For example one aura could be something called Hand of Khalim, which by itself would reduce the damage the Vindicator takes (by 5% or so), and that activating skills and/or attacking has a 2% chance to grant the Vindicator and his allies a bubble to absorb some damage (about 10% of his maximum life). If applied to a skill however, let’s say fist of heaven, the lightning bolt would no longer damage enemies, but instead create a bubble of divine energy that immobilizes non-boss enemies for a time (for about 4 seconds and after that they can’t be immobilize again for some time by the same effect), while also dealing dot damage to them (similar to the old D3 dmo bubble effect).

The lore info pertaining the Vindicators could be something akin to:
  • With the people growingly losing faith in the Zakarum, unrest and turmoil spread further across Sanctuary. In order to quell the situation, some stalwart people took it upon themselves to fight. These people were once noble paladins, renegade crusaders, acolytes, former criminals, or even simple farmers; and while they differed in origin, they shared something in common, and that was that they strongly held the faith of the Zakarum above all else.
  • Which was why they chosen to fight the impending darkness. They fight with fervor and righteousness only seen from Paladins and Crusaders of Old; yet also with a newfound willingness to truly vanquish Evil, even with means outside of the light. They fight this way not to redeem the Zakarum Faith or rekindle the people’s faith for it, for they know that the people’s faith in it is forever lost. Instead they fight this way for the hope that by shouldering all the mistakes that they and their forefathers had allowed onto the world and wiping it clean, their sons and daughters can build a new and strong faith on a ground not stained with blood or sin.

At the very least, that’s a bit of how I would handle a large shield wielding class.

The hell bovines ate all the pocket mice for breakfast.

Its not even released yet. But if it got auras and the way paragon board works. Then pally would most likely become “the” support class. I dont mind that though but i doubt thats the route they want to go.

I was refering to the D2 Paladin as an example.

Very much need a Paladin or Crusader class added now. Not later, its many players favorite class and the light must be represented. Developers failing us.

D4 has its own forum.