Origins of new Raekor

Well said, I might go DH though because Marauder is supposedly going to be the nuts in Nightmare. The para farming will help my main Barb once they merge later.

Thanks for adding credit here. Didn’t really expect anything to come of my post, especially since there weren’t responses and such.

Is the missing life/increased damage affix of the 4-piece Raekor relevant?

My characters are usually either at full health or dead.

It does make a difference, especially if you’re using the Relentless passive.

Yeah, I read your new Raekor guide.

Not sure I’m sold on the new gameplay style of the set. Seems very stressful to me, lol.

It is very chaotic, though to me that’s part of the charm.

If what’s stressing you out is the thought of dying (not sure if you are playing HC), there are variants in the guide that give much higher levels of defense.

Or if it’s the thought that you need to do all sorts of different things to maximize your damage… well, that’s true, but mainly for pushing. It’s actually a very good speed GR build, even if all you’re doing is charging and throwing boulders.

1 Like

Throwing boulders seemed so unaesthetic to me the question now is what happens to people pre patch who made raekors for none ancient spear build? Are they just supposed to reroll to another gear even if they have caldesans on the armor? Are they supposed to change some parts of their gear to just go with the flow since it’s now “ancient spear only” set?
More grinding no fun for anyone who doesn’t wanna see themselves tossing rocks like some caveman I guess?

Yes you are suppose to adjust. Just like when every other build gets change. When WW had its rend buff we had to adjust.

If throwing boulders is too barbaric we can pitch in and send you to crusader school.

1 Like

They even have hammers.

Lol I chose the set because it’s easily customizable then they patch it to be only ancient spear. Imagine the big brain on that if I was meta building I will not be in Raekors. Honestly just pure a**hole move.

Yea exactly what people who uses raekor mainly thought about meta gear I don’t want to spin like some dumba**. Also there’s hammer of ancients build that went with raekor actually bunch of non meta builds did because it’s bonus is flat with no restrictions now well its just ancient spear honestly most unsound community ever screw minority tyranny of majority. Play meta or not play at all play way we do or not at all. So I say I guess I won’t be playing d3 even casually or any diablo franchise casually.

I’ll probably be the only barb that will say that you’re not wrong here. These devs are in a world of there own. They end up hurting the game more than helping it. They definitely ruined the synergy between Weapon Throw and BT and still kept WT irrelevant with it’s mediocre buff. And then they add WT to Raekors, another foolish/incoherent decision. They should at the least change Raekors 4pc from 1000% FC damage (pointless) to 1000% Weapon Throw damage, that would make much more sense.