Orek's Dream overkill

If the Orek’s Dream is the idealized ‘push’ rift, why do we need 10 floors of it? Would anyone even bother going past a couple floors?

Further to this idea, if it’s meant to be ‘Dream’ why shouldn’t we be able to be finished the run on one single level?

4 Likes

Different builds look for different things. 10 levels is certainly overkill, but having at least 5 or 6 makes sense to increase the chances of having exactly what you’re looking for, assuming you know what is ideal for your build. If one level doesn’t have it, quickly rush through, and the next level has a good chance of being what you want.

1 Like

It might have something to do with making sure 100% of the rifts generated within the dream have dream rift map and comps on it rather than it purposely having 10 floors.
But idk anything about coding so take with a grain of salt.

Well yeah most would finish an oreks dream in first few floors. But the extra floors don’t prevent them from doing that.

Instead ask this: how many floors would a perfect rift have? 3 or 10?

Duplicate topic. There have been others asking about the ten floor limit.

Ten is probably some arbitrary maximum number of floors that has been hardcoded into the game so all they’ve done is remove any chance of it being fewer than ten. (I don’t think I’ve ever seen it go past ten floors before.)

I think we’d all want an OD (lol) that isn’t going to run out of monsters to kill. I mentioned on another thread that classic Invoker Crusader was a yellow elite hunter and it was possible to run out of rift before encountering enough elites to achieve 100% progress. Similar could happen with Impale though it’s much less of a thing.

Ultimately, I’m sure 99% of us want overkill rather than underkill. This seems a weird thing to complain about on the forums and a waste of anyone’s time who stops to think about it.

3 Likes

That happened to me a couple times on solo fire-monk runs on S25. Reached the end of the rift at floor 6 or 7 before 100% progression (still at like 3-4min though :stuck_out_tongue: ). Only stopping for elites, and depending on in-geom you can’t stay on floors and explore dead ends, you take the way down to next floor when you find it. And going super fast, I’m sure I’m missing small elites sometimes when I teleport past without getting an “engaged” notification. Having a couple extra floors there would certainly be the dream. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Because they don’t play their own game, so they ain’t got a single clue as to what’s good or not.

They took an extremely unpopular concept (Trials) and turned it into a seasonal theme. If that ain’t indication of their stupidity, I don’t know what is.

5 Likes

Hollywood actors don’t watch the crap they’re in.
Manufacturers of alcohol and tobacco do not sit on it themselves.
And Blizzard employees don’t play what they throw at us.

They’re either stupid or trolling us. Either way, same end result.

1 Like

You failed to explain how this is affecting your gameplay in a negative way. You can’t because it does not.

You ask why shouldn’t we be able to be finish the run on one single level? Guess what??? We are able to finish the run on single level. You are asking for something that is already in game.

My gameplay is negatively affected when I waste time reading posts like yours that are little to no help.

Either your comprehension skills are lacking or you’re trolling. Since your profile is private, I’m partial to the latter idea.

I asked questions. I got 2 answers. One from Zurtle, though the hard coding part of the answer is speculative. But he/she is right about the max of 10 floors. The Jar of Souls event always has 10 floors of cows. Probably because the floors are fairly small.

And a very good answer from Cascade who actually explained the need for extra floors based upon character build. His/her answersatisfies me as to why 10 floors of perfect rifts might be needed.

It should be 16 levels.

Each of the last 6 have double-powered “ultimate” boss encounters, with a beginning power based on how quickly they were reached (progression bar, not time.)

You are wasting time for all of us. This is PTR feedback section. So if you think something is bad you should at least explain why. You should explain why you think having 10 floors is a bad game design.

If you don’t know the game asking questions is ok, but it does not help understand your concerns with game design if there are any.

If it was 20 floors nothing would change for anyone just like it does not affect anyone in a bad way if it is 10 floors. So I really don’t understand what exactly was your complain. And I did tell you that you can gain 100% progress in a single Orek’s dream right now.

I am triggered by stupid, useless posts.

Your questions are like if I asked you what you had for breakfast? I don’t see how that will help devs make a better game.

2 Likes

I’m excited for the season.

I don’t see why you care that it’s 10 levels. It makes no difference. It’s 10 because 10 is a nice round number and that’s most likely the only reason. 10 because it’s more than any normal rift. If it was only 1 level then you’d be forced to fight whatever mobs happen to spawn in that level which would make it worse.

The seasonal aspect of going into echoing nightmares seems fun as well.

Disagree completely. Unpopular concept? According to who? A few people who are loud on forums?

I’ve never met anyone who said anything negative about the new season’s “echoing nightmares” I think you’re just trying to project your opinion onto this community.