Only one player can use alter on ps4 console

Only the player that actually opened the application can use the alter. Even if the user logs out of the game the other players can not use the alter. The only way a different (multiple) players can use the alter is that you need to completely close the app and restart with a different player so that single player can now access the alter.

1 Like

Similar on PS5, but it’s really weird.

Two players, with second ps5 user logging in as player 1 in D3 because of usual sitting locations in room. By being player 1, character is on the left side and I’m usually player 2 on the right side, but I’m usually active user outside of game.

P1 cannot activate Alter, P2 can activate, but cannot leaver Alter. P1 has to do that. Only P2 can select Alter update items.

To upgrade P1, we shut everything down and she logs in as only user and is works.

1 Like

It’s really annoying that the alter makes you close out game to get the alter to work on 2 people using ps5. Sometimes that doesn’t even work and I need to actually restart the ps5. This is making it more of a headache for us than it is enjoyable. I play this with my daughter. I usually do the hard grind to 70 while she’s in school then pull her up to 70 when she gets home. And play together but trying to get it playable for season has been more logging off, closing game,restart game than we actually get to play. Why is it so hard to make it work like inventory only one player can have their window open at a time but each one has access to theirs. Please find a fix for this even if its a player has to log off would be better than having to constantly restart the game or Sometimes the console. This is ridiculous.

2 Likes