One Man with his forms ,spreed sheets ,and bullet points dictate direction where D3 is heading

this is ridiculous first he created nice mess over barb needing nerfs with his glorious tables ,forms ,bullets points, he by some reason was listened by devs and they removed lamentation rend multiplier ,it was reverted a little latter after outcry it created by community. one man did it , everybody knows who.
We moved along lamentation was fixed with 150% damage slapped on…,

new ptr 2.6.8
same man same tables same a… pulled logic and cry for nerfs cuz ptr clears are lower then live ones yadda yadda million forms latter ,and we have wd nerf from previous 6piece set multiplier 50k% max ,to 25k% , , hydra yes hydra was also "to strong " in this person eyes , some tables,some napkin math ,some stretch logic latter and what we have nerf to lod hydra and by some reason to new TP set as well , and all this mess is created by one man ,and his multi account clones ,he did pissed majority of well known and respected community players he is main troll ,what did devs do? ,did they listened those insane skilled players saying sets were under performing by their experience or did they hear majority saying the same? .sadly no, they choose to listen one i repeat one napkin math warrior and his assumptions, i don’t know maybe he bought million copies of this game each for his clone accounts, and that is the reason why devs take him so serious and almost code this game around him , for me player which plays this game since season 2 it is shame ,shame that you allow minority to dictate will over majority ! my 2 cents of worth

21 Likes

Please stop with the witch hunt, seriously. Barbs would have been able to clear a 150 GRift had it kept its 200%

Lamentation was nerfed and Barb still cleared a 146 non-season. The lamentation damage modifier needs to be removed to balance WW with other classes.

Both of these were over-performing in the PTR and needed a nerf. Even after the nerf both spirit barrage and Hydra will still clear over a 140 in non-season

Is basically worth nothing. I’m really glad Blizzard doesn’t listen to crack-pots like you. I’m seriously tired of all the “The world is ending!” post all over these forums

7 Likes

Was it the Florida man? He’s always up to no good.

3 Likes

Bah-loney. Utter rubbish. You can’t balance the game around people who have 10,000+ paragon. The WD nerf and Hydra nerf was because they want all power to come from the sets. Then they screwed that up too being overcautious. Build diversity ain’t in their game plan.

5 Likes

WD nerf had nothing to do with LoD vs Mundunugus set damage. Save this post for later because the change they made to the 6piece set bonus will be a buff to solo WD clears. Mark my words! Even though it was nerfed, it opens up 2 passives and 1 ability slot to increase damage and has less maintenance during the rift.

Hydra nerf on The Magistrate and Serpent’s Sparker were to nerf the LoD build. I do agree that the buff to TV set was bogus in the value. It’s almost like a slap in the face. TV 6-piece needs to increase Hydra damage by 10k% per Hydra (not per head) to fulfill there design intentions with what they said. (Would give it overall 20k% damage instead of the now 13k%)

1 Like

MicroRNA alt account confirmed; continually pushing for changes that will ruin the group meta for everyone on your crusade for nonseasonal solo balance for 10k para accounts.

5 Likes

Just to answer your assumption. ALL CLASSES SHOULD BE VIABLE FOR 4P META. Some classes physically can’t compete regardless of how much damage they deal because of the amount of lag they produce in a 4p game. Every class should have a viable RGK and AoE clearer

Examples from classes I know for my opinions on what they should be able to do in 4p META groups similar to all others,

• Barbarian should be able to AoE clear with HOTA build
    Barbarian should be able to RGK with say the new Frenzy set

• Necromancer should be able to AoE clear with nova or corpse explosion
    Necromancer should be able to RGK with pets or lance build.

• Witch Doctor should be able to AoE clear with Jade
    Witch Doctor should be able to RGK with Spirit Barrage.

• Wizard should be able to AoE clear with Frozen Orb
    Wizard should be able to RGK with Manald Heal

• Monk should be able to AoE clear with Bell I guess? (not sure on the skill for this one)
    Monk should be able to RGK with Raiment

• Demon Hunter should be able to AoE clear with Maurader
    Demon Hunter should be able to RGK with Impale

TL;DR
Every class should have a set/skill specified for 4p RGK, 4p Trash clear and 4p lower speeds.

4 Likes

If one man is able to get builds nerfed in Diablo 3, then I support him. The game needs a lot of nerfs.
The particular nerfs we got in this patch might not exactly be the best ones though (like attempting to move power from legendaries to sets :S)

IMO, shouldn’t the game and skills be balanced around 800 paragon or something normative?

800 seems like a very strong point to say “Most players can get here, at this point, all sets should be darn near equal in overall output”.

That creates ultimate balance and opens up the floodgates for those that player at a higher level to dictate the path they choose.

1 Like

The current state of Diablo 3 is kind of like when grandma is on her deathbed. You really really want her to stay, but the best thing for everyone is for her to pass on peacefully and be done with all the misery.

Another round of treatment isn’t going to cure her. Especially when that treatment is half-assed, poorly tested content that leaves poor old nana in the same shape she was in the last time we visited.

2 Likes

Oh I know, you’re talking about Free! :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

Have you ever thought that it’s not so much that Blizzard are listening to some dude on forums…
But that he actually does game design job correctly, and Blizzard’s employees do the same type of calculations and arrive to the same conclusions?

Because that’s MUCH more likely.
So far as I can see, 99.99% users on this forum have no idea how a game or a system should be designed, and what would or would not be enjoyable and good influence on a game.
So no wonder you can’t understand the logic.

Your entire point is argument from ignorance.

p.s. I haven’t seen a single post that you’re talking about, but that doesn’t make your post less a fallacy than it is, even if you ARE correct.

2 Likes

I agree.

Blizzard makes their own decisions based on their internal numbers and feedback on the forum. Trust me that I have made many recommendations such as game balance changes and other issues (increased stash space) that have not been adopted by Blizzard.

They did not listen to me. I never advocated for the complete removal of the rend modifier from lamentation. I wanted it to be a flat 100%. In patch 2.6.7a, lamentation had 100%-150% rend modifier (i.e. ~1.5 GR functional DPS difference from flat 100%). On live non-season, this build has cleared GR 146 in non-season.

Who is the one man? Presumably, you are referring to Blizzard employee(s). I am not employed by Blizzard so someone else made the decision.

Logic and math skills are good to use when thinking about game balance and Blizzard’s history.

I suggested that it might be a smidgen strong. Like what they did to barbs last patch 2.6.7, their change to wizards in patch 2.6.8 was an overzealous reduction in power in relation to what was tested on the PTR.

This is a simple observation that players who follow the PTR know well (assuming that there is no significant changes to the PTR build to live).

My views have been supported by a number of others who have posted similar thoughts. The irony is that my “napkin math” has proved correct on several occasions.

Your hyperbole is silly. Trust me if I had enough money to buy a million copies of the game, I would spend my money on something else.

Kindran is not me.

Even though Blizzard specifically told him he was doing it wrong…

6 Likes

Yes that was stated; however, did you see their later reply? They acknowledged that their tables had artifacts due to how early their analyzed dataset was.

P.S. The issues that were mentioned were not math related. We used different datasets and I chose not to scale/transform the data but to look at actual clears of 5K paragon players (4.5K-5.5K) in the America region using more mature non-season data.

2 Likes

Never gets old seeing that :black_heart:

8 Likes

and yet the truth won out in the end…

Can you clarify? Are you claiming that the truth is that you, working on an incomplete data set, came up with the right answers and Blizzard, working on a complete data set, came up with the wrong answers?

6 Likes

No. I am saying that I initially posted that it seemed to me that there was something off in their numbers in my mind. You quoted Nev’s response. In a subsequent post, she discussed why their analysis had artifacts and should not be considered as truth per se. That was my primary point.

So, if you didn’t come up with the right answers, what’s the logical inference about what sort of answers you came up with?