Offline mode is needed

Doesn’t matter which end it was on. A disconnect is a disconnect. It isnt about finding out whose fault it was.

Good Reasons for offline Mode:
-Customer Friendly
-No error 37 at release for everyone
-Modding is possible which creates content and replayability
-Modding allows for things to be fixed/ changed when Devs don’t want to fix or change
-You can switch to your favourite patch
-Blizz will sell more copies of D4 if it has offline mode
-Blizz could easily monetize Modding
-More money for blizz = more content for us
-You can play the game during maintenance
-Offline mode can easily be used for theorycrafting
-If someone cheats offline, no one elses gaming experience is affected
-If cheating offline is possible, it means less people will use bots on the servers
-Separation of offline and online can easily made safe nowadays
-Stash space will not be scarce if you play offline
-If PVP will be so dissapointing like in D3 there will be a mod for this
-If Trading will be a problem, there will be private servers wich have unrestricted trading
-People are free to install the mods they like, if they want to.
-Probably LAN party function will easily be implemented
-It will be possible to vary the number of max players in a lan party
-if actiblizz goes bancrupt, we can still play the game we own.
-We playing offline means we can have a real singleplayer experience
-Playing offline means, there is no risk you will be in the same game session whit Keyblade
-Lags
-HC deaths due to lags

24 Valid reasons. You don’t have reasons against it.

You trolls saying “not needed” or “no one wants more options, we prefer less” are not valid arguments.

-online and offline can co-exist
-using mods is optional -arguments against modding don’t count - since everyone who likes, can play whatever devs say is fun.

10 Likes

main reasons for me probably are this:

• i and a large part of the fanbase saw many things, we didn’t like in diablo 3, and despite the forum being full of criticism and suggestions, devs didt fix known issues…like things diablo 2 had, that d3 didn’t. lack of pvp, sets beimg the only viable thing in endgame, paragon, lack of stash space, no one liking bounties, materials not being currencies etc…things that could have been fixed by modders if it was possible… because devs didnt want to…

-honestly i would cheat offline, on my own computer, not affecting anyone. i’d cheat because i have a life and dont have like 5k+ hours of time to get perfect endgame gear. but would be fun to have it. it’s not worth it. i’d pretty much prefer to be done with the game after hundreds of hours, rather than thousands.

2 Likes

IMO - almist all of your listed reasons falls into one of two categories.

• support of illegal/immoral activity
  • :cow::poop: (eg insufficient evidence that “this is the case”

At least one is a “personal problems”.

After I narrow it down (based of my opinion based classification), there is one “valid reason” left.

• HC death due to lag.

Again - IMHO

-cheating a game shouldn’t be a crime. if done offline. it’s just a game. hello.
-cheating can’t be immoral, because gaming is something you only do for fun.
-if blizz would control and monetize modding, then modding woukd also be legal.
-we offline players would still have to buy a copy of d4
-i’d be ok witg paying for mods i want

Thanks for that list, thats the first time i have seeing someone bringing arguments for such request.

-online and offline can co-exist

Yes, they can

24 Valid reasons. You don’t have reasons against it.

Aha…ok?!

1. What? How? Offline=Online expirience, you win 20ms latency though xD

2. EVERY game has user spikes on patches, new releases, dlc’s expansions. After that specific time user number will drasticly decrease. Just like season-gameplay for example.
    https://steamcharts.com/app/219990
    Guess, when new things happened?

3. Modding needs to be opened for public, which will never happen, because Blizzard decided against it.
    FOR ME, i would truely support mod-support. Skyrim is just one game that shows the potential.

To your mod/Lan/Trading/PVP thoughts…

Diablo 3 dev team decided in their active developement, before release, that this feature won’t face the light.

Things like “Restricted Trading”, Seasons and Leaderboards wouldn’t exist if you would get your offline mode, because there are people like you, that would abuse the offline possibility to gain advantage in online areas.

Play the game during maintenance…

So, Servers/Game are up 99,985% of the time and you complain about it?
It is as dumb as all the social media kids/parents complain about mobile network problems, like Vodafone had recently, not having full power for 0,01% of the years duration.
That’s not valid at all.

Used for theory crafting?

Not necessary at all. Websites, community work in forums, common sense and actual gameplay, which can be done online, fit that role as good as any other solution could do.
Balancing is simply math… if a Skill deals 10x more damage than another skill… consider side effects, like dots or area, step-by-step adjust their legendaries, done…no offline mode needed.

They will sell more copies? for D4?

Not really… the mass with their common sense allready got used to it and they adapt at what is given to them.
Only “pure-negative” people wouldnt buy it.
If offline mode is THE arguement against that purchase…wait for another game/publisher.

I won’t comment on anything and i don’t agree nor disagree on anything, but your list is pretty narrow-minded.

If you are a fan of offline mode, throw away your EC cards and your smartphone, seems you like it the older way. You want to hear Youtube music offline? Try and ask Google for it, i would be pleased if you would show me their resonse.

You trolls saying

You didn’t even let me room to soundtrack my opinion with a response…
Nicely done :+1:
Seems you know the business

1 Like

i have considered botting. didn’t do it because i lack patience to get it to run (too complicated), and it’s also too expensive for what it is. but i know, i wouldn’t even have thought about thw possibility of botting, if offline mode was there. i don’t think i’m the only one
lol.

no - i wouldn’t do that.

sorry i copy pasted from the other thread. wrong context. i qas answering keyblade.

No. It won’t be.
At most, the server will handle the lobby. But it’s easy to emulate THAT - I pesonally can write an app to intercept packets and make a simple lobby for coop.
Every coop game that worth a damn was pirated with coop feature enabled.

You’re basically suggesting to write two games - one offline, one server-based.
Because that’s what it boils down to.

And then there’s still a problem of not having proper server infrastructure around the world to handle server-based gameplay.

Why would you think so? On the other hand, this number is an overstatement.

Thing is, yeah, there’re more people who don’t like onlike than 10k. But 99% of those people will buy the game even with online DRM. They’d prefer it to be offline - but they’ll buy regardless.
And only a miniscule number of people will be so fanatical (or so uninterested in the game) that online DRM becomes an actual deal breaker for them.
Of those people who threaten not to buy on this forum - again, 99% are bluffing shamelessly. They WILL buy. They’ll cry about it and try to make a drama, but they WILL buy.

it’s not a complaint, it’s only a pro of having offline.

1 Like

For you as a user - maybe.

For Blizzard - that extra 0.015% user satisfaction is nothing, when they stand to lose so much.

Why would that be the case?

Why? Keep EVERYTHING related to grouping as part of the server side data. How is that even remotely different from keeping everything about the game server side?
If you can do the latter, surely you can also do the former.

Why would you suddenly not have the proper server infrastructure? If you can have it with “Online Only”, surely you can also have with “Online Also”.

People remember the 0.015% bad experiences so much better than the rest.

3 Likes

this i must admit, probably has to do with idealism. customer rights and such. but i prefer being called fanatical, than buy everything sold to me without a second thought…

3 Likes

“Modifying the game files” is illegal (except under the direction of the company).

If the game allows modding, im ok with the mods that use only the APIs.
However, i do not believe that “allowed modding” requires a game to be offline.

2 Likes

i’d be ok with some sort of controlled modding. even if the game is online only. as long as modders are allowed to change things which will be most complained about in the forum…

this sounds like cheating im video games has always been illegal. since when should this be the case?

Since the invention of the EULA.

Killing fun in games. Great. Might aswell make just playing video games illegal at this point.

Depends what you mean by illegal imo. It is mostly a breach of contract. Giving the IP owner every right to take the game away from you. But it would not be a crime.

When there is an economic effect of the action, it gets substantially worse though. So selling your mod gets very problematic.
Cheating online could also be considered doing economic harm, because by cheating, you make the game experience worse for other players, potentially cause a loss of income for the game company. Still, it is a pretty hard argument to make, or I am sure more companies would try it.

2 Likes