Offline mode is needed

I will not purchase Diablo 4, unless it gives us offline mode option. I play WoW or better games for my internet use. Diablo series has always been better as non competitive and solo, offline gameplay.
I purchased D3 when it released…YEARS ago on PC. Barely played it…because it is online needed. I check back every year or so…to see if Blizzard gives the community what they are wanting… Still… YEARS later…We are still waiting.
Diablo 4 release should be offline allowed…as MANY of us, could care less about playing Diablo series online.
ALSO BLIZZARD… Why is there ways for people that did not purchase the game…to download a free/cracked D3 version…and play offline?!
Do I need to go to that lvl?!
You have 1000’s of posts…TONS more people are also wanting offline.
GIVE IT TO US!

89 Likes

How many times must this be repeated? There will never be offline mode, Blizzard has made it abundantly clear.

27 Likes

Looks like you one more person to add to the pile of people not buying D4. It doesn’t need an Offline mode . The 3.4k post is nothing but arguing. Offline Mode isn’t required. End of Story

22 Likes

Believing something will NEVER happen, is not a good way to live.

6 Likes

This might be the case. But when the company says its not happening and the playerbase is yet to give 1 valid reason why it should that can’t easily be proven wrong well then they might here you out

3 Likes

I’ll just delete the post then… Truly not trying to get fellow gamers triggered. New to posting on here…and thought these posts go to Blizzard staff.

There are multiple posts just arguing offline and online. However Blizzard have already said they won’t support it

6 Likes

Blizzard does see them, friend. But they don’t often reply and if they do, it’s usually in riddles.

4 Likes

It’s not a matter of belief, Blizzard has already made it clear there will not be offline mode.

3 Likes

me neither :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

16 Likes

So two people out of the 10s of millions who will purchase it. I can see Blizzard definitely losing sleep over this.

8 Likes

apparently this is something that can’t be repeated often enough…

7 Likes

And we all know those who are whining and saying they won’t buy D4 if it isn’t offline will be buying it.

1 Like

Doesn’t sound to me like they’re even old enough to purchase it anyway.

4 Likes

Oh I doubt it will be bought by tens of millions. Even diablo 3 took years to reach that number.

3 Likes

Diablo 3 sold 12 million copies by the end of 2012 which is to say, in 7 months. In the first 24 hours, it sold 3.5 million copies. So I can see how your projection of sub 10 million reflects reality. To date, it’s sold less than 100 million, but I’m sure more than 50.

1 Like

But it only took 1 year to hit 14 million.

https://eu.diablo3.com/en/game/anniversary-infographic/

Offline mode would would make me not want to buy D4.
Thanks to offline mode in Diablo and D2 hacks and cheats were much more rampant than they are in D3.
#OnlineOnly is the way to go.

7 Likes

You could use those same arguments to contend that D4 should be exclusively sold as a game streaming service. But i don’t see the online-only crowd petitioning for d4 to be a stadia exclusive.

Single-player play is the purest way to experience the diablo universe and if you are truly worried about cheats and exploits than single player play is the easiest way to avoid them. A less easy option to avoid cheaters is for blizzard to never release client side code and sell D4 as a game streaming service.

Regardless, the possibility of cheats and exploits due to an optional offline mode is a petty excuse for blizzard to have more power than they deserve. Offline games empower the players, where online-only gives blizzard all the power. i.e. Imagine any game design change that may ruin the game forever for a player that really enjoyed its original form.

12 Likes

No, only a few people need offline mode.