Oculus ring needs some change

Currently it:

Creates an area of focused power on killing a monster. Damage is increased by 70–85% while standing in the area.

The problem is that the “Area” appears in random places rather than underneath your character like it should from the start and lasts maybe 3 seconds.

It’s a pain in the a$$ for close combat melee or channeling builds like rapid fire or other channeling skills…

Please make it appear always on your location, last at least 5-8 seconds and twice as big.

If you put it on your follower with those rules, it would always appear under your follower. This seems even less useful if you use an Enchantress for the attack speed.

1 Like

The Season 18 buff theme is based on this ring and sadly the OP is correct. It’s really bad. So bad it makes the buff nigh on worthless outside of ranged classes with a teleport/vault-like ability to get to the circle ASAP. And even then it’s tedious.

It just wasn’t designed well regardless of who wears the ring.

If this were the case then youd have to choose between this ring and another. It would no longer apply while equipped to a follower. I will agree though that the season 18 theme should automatically place the rings around the character for the duration

Well it’s obvious that the circle would appear under the character ALWAYS no matter if you wore it or the follower. It would be so designed that it would always appear on YOUR location no matter who carries it, you or your follower…

1 Like

As for the season 18 rings - In PTR a lot of people asked for it to be time extended, or around the carrier or picked up in a globe of some kind. I figure wait and see in season 18 how much they took on-board, because they said in the recent update that they listened. There were quite a lot asking for it to be changed.

While the aesthetic aspects seem similar, the effects are actually different in the new season. I’ll wait personally and see what happens in three weeks or so.