Oculus comparison

one of them have Evocation passive.

https://prnt.sc/1lovnql

which is better ?

I’d use the one with Evocation. They are otherwise very close, first has slightly higher damage, second has 10 cdr. Both have 6 APoC and 15 elite. There’s basically no difference in the weapon stats themselves. The CDR basically cancels out the difference in the damage ranges.

But Evocation is a better passive to have on it. So I’d use that one.

1 Like

Evocation is a direct damage type of spell casting, with far fewer actual artifact examples. Spells like fireball, exist, but creation of the artifacts that can direct evocation spells, also required needed components for other spells. You can see why later signature spells, where the best choice, for a world like Cain, just because artifacts like ‘Stormcrow’, are fantastic.

The ability of a shadow mage, was only to cast spells from spell components they summon, with shadow spell. But it is only an unlimited spell component, to do away with ambush tactics at common locations.

There where far fewer regulation, to summon creature spells. (summoning I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX…), also by far the most common (combat casting), was also the early evocation specialization bonus, to casting times with spells from there chosen school.

There are already a lot of artifacts that summon these, instead of direct damage. Some even try for invisibility, as a spell, and those where rare components. Invocation, for that became a support tactic. Most spells didn’t have a lot of advanced versions (with exception of summoning). In a way, concealed spell casting was more highly sought after.