Now they are being sued by California

Supposedly this upcoming Tuesday, sure will be interesting.
Also wouldn’t expect it to over for the ATVI stock yet.

Carbon dioxide gets absorbed by plants and used to create sugars which are hydrocarbons. If it didn’t we’d all be dead. It doesn’t change the volume to any significant degree. Neither does the rain cycle chance the overall percentage of water vapor in the air over time.

It’s not one it’s a pattern. Where are all those green energy jobs we were promised?

I want green energy. We aren’t getting what we’re paying for. Nowhere in the world is any government meeting it’s promises.

As for Blizzard all we can do is wait and pray they don’t screw up the prosecutions as bad as the did Cosby and Weinstein. All the stock people are going to do is buy on the fall and sell on the bounce.

1 Like

Yes, and I recall plants growing quite large in times of high carbon dioxide periods of the earth’s life development. It’s as if the ecosystem is well prepared to deal with finding equilibrium.

2 Likes

How would it get absorbed if it flies by the seas? Also what about other gasses that emit out? Heat differences and increasing population should tell you that we won’t have enough plants around for emission cycle in the future.
That’s why people want green energy, even though as you said it’s not an immediate threat but trying to guesstimate ain’t make you feel sure of anything either.

Green energy is not for big cities anyway, it’s for rural areas if you caught my glimpse. If you want a job on green energy you should move away from big cities which nobody would do until there’s an impulse.

I watched a documentary months ago, I think it was Canada that imports oil and fuel from Saudi Arabia; and they’re doing this for the logistic cost. I don’t think Canada is the best place for green energy with that cold weather anyway.

Yeah. I hope they get this sorted out properly. I have questions about the company they contracted for ensuring work place rules but I guess it will be fine.

I’m retired in Rural Virginia and there are no green jobs here. We’re paying to create green energy jobs but they aren’t happening anywhere. Our nearest solar project is in Fairfax and the cut down an entire forest to build it. Plenty of open fields for sale all over the state. It won’t create any significant number new jobs either. Solar panels need much less care than coal plants. The sawgrass plant for ethanol was a bust after millions in tax dollars were spent. The price of corn dropped.

You lost me. The ocean is full of plants and we, by which I mean Asian polluters, need to take better care of them.

3 Likes

At last, it comes out. This is the crux of it for you, and for many people who oppose critical race theory, and critical theory in general. I’ve already gone to lengths to explain to you why your assumptions are incorrect, and I’m unwilling to explain further because it is clear what this boils down to for you.

Suffice to say that like the individuals arguing that human beings aren’t largely the responsible for climate change, that green energy can’t work and is unsustainable, that the electoral college somehow provides more representation and protects minority votes (when there is ample historical evidence that it was always intended to do the opposite and to protect vested slave-holding and wealthy interests), or that the extreme sides of both political spectrums are somehow equally corrupt or equally bad, you are wrong.

On the one hand, I’m glad that you’re willing to have a discussion and debate about it, and willing to engage in the way you have. On the other hand, I’m alarmed by your complete unwillingness to buy into anything other than the most ignorant stances. I could recommend a terrific reading list for you, and I’ve already posted plenty of links and resources that clearly explain what critical race theory does, and why it is nothing like what you claim it is, but I doubt you’ve read them, and I doubt you’ll read anything that doesn’t already confirm your biases. I don’t have anything left to say to you other than what I’ve already said.

Critical race theory doesn’t seek to punish you for privilege. It seeks to help you recognize that privilege, and all of the various interlocked systems and social structures that provided that privilege in the first place, and it seeks to find ways to topple those systems so that racism and inequity, along with other systemic social ills, can be uprooted, exposed, and destroyed. It is about uniting people through a recognition of how we personally and socially classify, stratify, and discriminate.

And none of this, not a single bit of this, works to create divisions, or whatever idiotic right wing buzzword is making the rounds, unless you have a vested interest in racism remaining unchallenged.

Pick your battles.

Geography research is the first step.
If they want to build solar panels or wind turbines then they have to explore the areas with the most windy environment and highest beaming sun on the hills. If they gonna build a nuclear, coal or hydro plant then they should mind the terrain and body of water for logistics and whatnot. Even if you wanna dig fuel, it’s not a whimsical process.

Planktons and algae? I wouldn’t know about that. We can not keep track neither be ensure it’s enough with windstreams and changing temperatures.

Annual checks, yeah. Nuclear and hydro energy offers that instead. I wasn’t clear previously.

You expect a drop? I started to think they’ll shrug it off.

Hydro’s pretty much all being used and the environmental effects are tragic. It’s being torn down in many places. Nuclear holds promise even in recycling it’s own waste but not the way we’re doing it. Be nice if we could turn all the plutonium into something useful. We just have to do everything better. We need sustainable solar cells these wear out too quick and create too much hazardous waste. Wind is an ugly bird murdering dead end in it’s current form. We have time if we’ll stop and think instead of panicking and relying on bad solutions.

1 Like

In the US? They are not there because US politicians refuse to begin investing?
You cant both say nothing should be done, and then complain when nothing is happening, after nothing was done.
In other countries, the amount of climate change related jobs are increasing rapidly, and have so for quite a few years now. In the country I live in, climate change related technology was 10% of the total export in 2019.

Millions of tax dollars is also a completely irrelevantly small amount of money. If 1 of 100 of those projects succeeds, it will likely have been an amazingly good investment.

Which again leads back to; climate change is not a threat to Earth or life in a very broad sense. Mostly to us.

The road to those improvements naturally go through first, second etc. generations of the technologies.
You cant magically go from nothing to a perfect solution. Neither through the market nor through government intervention.

Windmills kill a lot less birds than most other energy sources we have. And coincidently, based on the studies I could find, about the same as nuclear power does.
Also, a lot more birds are killed in traffic each year. Not that other things being worse, takes away from a bad thing, but calling them bird murdering dead end is a bit of an overreaction.
Not to mention, the staggering amount of birds that climate change would likely kill.
But of course, when you place windmills, you should take local bird populations into account, and work toward reducing the risk. That is what technological progress is about. Still can’t get there from nothing.

Yeah, I would expect more of a drop.
While ATVI has flattened, this has happened at the same time as EA and TTWO going up. So in relative terms, even when it has stopped going down, it has performed worse than its biggest competitors.
Also, not only expecting it because of this case. It seems extremely likely that the post-corona world will lead to a decrease in gaming, just like corona lockdowns made it explode. I am sure these companies will be able to keep some of the customers around, which they managed to catch during corona, but a downturn seems likely. Everyone probably expect the downturn, so it might already be priced into the stocks. But bad news on top of bad news might create fear for the investors.

Read the budgets we are funding it, unwisely. The money is being spent on things like training the unemployed to install solar panels on homes. We’ve trained about five times what we need without producing any jobs. Looks good in the campaign ads though.

If it were a good investment it wouldn’t need the government beyond building a single pilot plant. You don’t see politicians putting their own money in these boondoggles do you? Even then things like the thorium salt reactor are not only not being encouraged it’s banned for power production in the United States. You know who’s going to fund the first one? Malaysia. China took copies of all our research from ORNL without so much as a thank you. They haven’t built a thing because they can’t make head nor tails of it. Why bother? They have enough coal.

2 Likes

That you would make this comparison is horrific. You’re wrong, but I doubt that matters to you. Abhorrent post.

3 Likes

So governments are funding it? Just not the US one.
Leads back to the lack of jobs being created I guess.
Green tech is a significant part of the jobs in my country these days. Heck, we are in desperate need of workers to take the jobs as fast as they are created.

Sounds like China are planning to build thorium reactors though.
https://www.livescience.com/china-creates-new-thorium-reactor.html

Being better than China when it comes to climate is not particularly hard though… The bar should probably be a little bit higher than that.

It needs the government for those initial investments, because private investors just wont take those risks completely alone.
But sure, if it is then proven to work well, private investment will and can take over.

1 Like

In China it’s propaganda. It’s been under way for ten years and they’ve never even built pilot plant to prove it works. It’s scheduled to be done in 2024. Expect and announced opening then a delay. They can’t even operate the reactors the French built for them safely and they’re as reliable as it gets.

Malaysia is serious and getting outside help because they literally have no natural resources for generating reliable power.

Russia want’s to develop them to replace their current reactors but it’s anyone’s guess if they can come up with the money.

1 Like

Probably, but one can never tell honestly :smiley:

Damage control is not an “active action” though, the sole goal is to “return things to where they were” i.e. back/normal ASAP as it can be

Ironically enough one has to mention that those that are usually “open for change” become the biggest obstacle for these kinds of things for “who gets the credit” type reasoning

Probably, but here’s the thing, it’s still not a human factor causing it… All the more reason to open a “public honest channel” about it, oh wait that’s right “never let a good crisis go to waste”…

If the danger is real then yes, but if it’s a scam and it’s a setup then yes the other way… I’m not saying that everyone should be “on their island” (though even that’s not that unhealthy, at least people get their space for self-exploring), what I’m saying is that one has to always be skeptical about “all out of a sudden” things

Not buying it, not because there aren’t victims, but because the outcome is potentially worse than the problem… i.e. putting everyone under “data-driven behavioral magnifying glass” is quite frankly a tyranny

Never realised some of us were THIS active :smiley:

When this first explode I was expecting a 10 dollar drop actually. Worst case scenery was Activision consuming them whole but I doubt this’ll ever happen.

More thinking of making buildings that can better withstand earthquakes for example.
But maybe a better example could be flooding, where we can take measures not only to reduce the effects, but outright reduce the risk of flooding. No matter that we didn’t cause it.

Huh?

Yeah, but in the topics we are talking about, it is real and not a scam.

Who is proposing such a thing?

Whilest true, one has to question whether the source and the bigger part of the problem was the phenomenon itself

OR the hiding under rug by those that should’ve taken care of when happening

Proponents of CRT (and other similar organisations on those things), the way how it’s done is “gathering data from samples” i.e. people’s everyday lives, in order to have a “preprepared” management strategy

The problem isn’t about being prepared, the problem is about a central place/source where such data exist/s i.e. potential further abuse that might/would happen I think :thinking:

Care to cite some sources on the media, the government, and those people that call you a science denier that they claim the earth will die if we do nothing? I read tons if news sources from left, middle, right, and outside the American viewpoint and have not seen this sentiment.

And the consensus of scientists that study this concur we are in a world of hurt if we do nothing. That hundreds of millions to billions that live near coastal shores are going to pay the brunt of it. But they have been saying thus since the mid 80s. Frankly if you choose to ignore them and believe they handful of “scientists” employed or sponsored by big oil, coal, and natural gas, then if course there is nothing to worry about

Point is, we can do something about it that will hopefully be in time to make things better for future generations. There is no good reason other than rich corporations and their owners losing money.

1 Like

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Millennials and Gen Z and all these folks that come after us are looking up, and we’re like, ‘The world is going to end in 12 years if we don’t address climate change, and your biggest issue is how are we gonna pay for it?’ " she said

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2019/01/22/ocasio-cortez-climate-change-alarm/2642481002/

There are many, many, more but I’m not going to dig up links for things that are common knowledge
Consensus isn’t science.

Hey if you want to do good things I’m all for it. Destroying our economy and killing people with a crisis scam isn’t going to fly. I want a warp core myself.

2 Likes

That quote isn’t literal and you know it. Since she was giving an example conversation. But typical of your types to distort the truth.

It won’t destroy the economy. They said Raul and cars would do that, they said computers would do that too. Guess what? Thise people affected fill new roles in new industries and everything went chugging right along.

Also, it isn’t common knowledge if everyone isn’t aware. But keep on fighting progress with your backward beliefs.

1 Like