Now that Microsoft owns Activision what do you expect?

For those who don’t know, Microsoft has just acquired Activision Blizzard.

With that in mind, what are your expectations of this acquisition?

EDIT: For whatever reason, I can’t seem to be able to post a link to the official announcement, but it should be easy to look i up.

2 Likes

The news
https://news.microsoft.com/features/microsoft-to-acquire-activision-blizzard-to-bring-the-joy-and-community-of-gaming-to-everyone-across-every-device/

Nothing better, nothing worse…

1 Like

Sucks that D4 won’t be on the PS5.

Guess it’s time to consider a gaming PC.

Agree with Strix.

“Bobby Kotick will continue to serve as CEO of Activision Blizzard, and he and his team will maintain their focus on driving efforts to further strengthen the company’s culture and accelerate business growth. Once the deal closes, the Activision Blizzard business will report to Phil Spencer, CEO, Microsoft Gaming.”

1 Like

“what do you expect?”

Diablo 4, 2038?

8 Likes

Yeah, I’m worried more than ever now.

1 Like

Everything that Microsoft touches when it comes to gaming, turns to a heaping pile. I’m not expecting anything great at all.

8 Likes

will it not be on ps4 either? was hoping to be able to crossplay with a friend but i guess crossplay is iffy anyway.

Lol wow if y’all thought Blizzard had become too corporate from the North days, you aint seen nothing yet!
Big money has entered the chat.
But what the hell at this point, someone had to ‘buy the dip’ from the pits of hell can only go up from here, right??

7 Likes

No real changes other than maybe the Call of Duty games being in the gamepass.

There has been literally zero changes to the way Bethesda operates after being bought by Microsoft. They’re still re-releasing skyrim as always. So I’m not really expecting any major revolutions in actiblizz either.

2 Likes

Short term: nothing will change
Long term: the elimination of battle.net and no new content for Sony or Nintendo

You don’t spend $68B without a long term plan to make the rest of your gaming empire more valuable. It has to be to group everything together under one umbrella where you might possibly be able to play cross-platform between PC and Xbox, and completely freeze out Sony and Nintendo.

1 Like

I do not know anything about MS gaming. Are they big into PC games, or will I need to move to another platform to play D4 in 2038? Are PC gamers a major part of the fold or just an afterthought?

Yeah they are. There’s no reason to own a Xbox nowadays except if you don’t wanna deal with a PC. There never has been a time were it made less sense to own a Xbox if you happen to own a gaming PC.

2 Likes

Big news indeed! Not sure what it means to PC users.
Bobby does not need to stay, MS would be better off allowing him to retire. He may have hung on with the boards approval (even after the controversy) because he was working this deal.

I can’t wait for D5 with 30 ought 06 automatic rifles! Ha!

Edit: the News has reported the Bobby will stay as head of the company, so much for my theory!

PC gamers are fine under MS. Their games usually release on Xbox and PC simultaneously.

Sony and their exclusives are another matter. I finally caved and bought a PS4 a while ago to play some exclusives that looked interesting.

I have no reason to purchase an Xbox because I have a PC and a Microsoft Xbox controller with the wireless adapter for Windows 10.

1 Like

There is some kind of secret agenda behind this , but nothing good will come out from this

1 Like

Eh eventually one company will own them all. It’s the way of the system. It’s bad for the employees because they’re now even farther from the top of the pyramid.

Eh who knows? I still do not expect D4 to release.

Asherons Call was amazing under MS. It only got awful after Turbine bought it back then sold to Warner Bros…:roll_eyes:

First and foremost, MS has NOT acquired Activision. They’ve announced PLANS to do so. Though it most likely will happen, it may also NOT. There’s more than a few acquisitions in big biz that fell through for myriad reasons. It has to be approved and won’t happen, if at all, until 2023. Too many of you already jumping on a horse that ain’t been saddled or even left the barn yet.

6 Likes