Not really a surprise

Ouch.

Game. Set. Match.

You are too clever Ma’am.

:musical_note:
I like big butts and I can not lie
You other brothers can deny
That when a girl walks in with a itty bitty waist and a round thing in your face
You get sprung, wanna pull out your tough
cause you noticed that butt was stuffed… :smiley:

Amazon a$$ is too small btw lol

8 Likes

How can you see how small the Amazon’s butt is, when it’s covered with a roman style armor design?

If you call the former developer’s leaving Blizzard North and then the change in leadership when Activision took over Vivendi Games “evolving” then you clearly do not know yourself what you are talking about.

Odds are people like Mike Morhaime or Mark Kurtz left due to how the industry now functions. Otherwise they would still be apart of Blizzard.

4 Likes

Yeah, this. Personally I’m OK with all of the characters from what I’ve seen in the alpha. However, I still support the group that is requesting the characters to look closer to the originals.

If this was a completely new game it doesn’t matter what they look like because they’re new characters, but the modern Amazon, for example, is supposed to be an updated version of the original Amazon from 20 years ago. No massive changes like completely new armor, age, race, gender changes. That’s like remastering warcraft 3 and making Jaina look like her mother or look like her retail version with grey hair and completely different robes. It should be faithful to the original model, at least in my opinion.

4 Likes

it should be popping out of the armour and wobbling about all over the place :smiley:

I’m just kidding btw

I wonder if we could get an emote of her twerking lol

your post is actually even more cringe then the people complaining about the lack of nudity.

i literally dont know how you did it, but yes. you win the cringe post of the day.

I cant imagine how much hours of training went into creating a post of such utter cringe, i hope you have your acceptance speech ready :smiley:

2 Likes

also, why do I get the feeling that these posts are generally made by “ghom’s” and not “andariels”, ya kno?

1 Like

Don’t worry you are doing just fine all on your own! :wink:

Why is your name healer?

Why is your name w0401527?

Ohhh come on now, im sure youre just as capable as everyone else at figuring out the reference in his name. I’m sure youre capable :slight_smile:

Why is your name TwkD? :slight_smile:

edit: oops forgot to put in the :slight_smile:

Pretty sure its clear as day;

People complaining are literally looking at the new Amazon, and then looking at the old Amazon, and then re-watching, hearing, the dev team say that they are trying so hard to make sure every little detail of the game right down the damn garlic in act 2, is as close to the original as possible; then looking at the new Amazon again, and then looking at the old Amazon again, only to come to the conclusion that the new Amazon in D2R is clearly a man in an amazon suit while old Amazon is clearly a woman.

Then despite making a clear side-by-side reference image(s) to the obvious differences between the two versions; you get called sexist by a bunch of rando internet people looking for a positive way, of putting people down in a “theatrically righteous” way that makes them feel like the good guys, & contributed something useful to the conversation.

14 Likes

Look if it were just the Amazon? It wouldn’t be as blatant. But that’s not what is happening here. If you look at the other assets in the game like Andariel or Blood Raven? They have radically departed from the original design and altered them in such a way to be less feminine.

You can try and defend it if you want. But this is an M rated game and always has been. They are santizing the game to appease China. Anyone remember the report that indicated a number of other Blizzard titles were recommended for corrective action? Among them were…

Overwatch and Hearthstone.

Look what happened to Hearthstone.

They removed the Succubus card and changed it to a felstalker. They changed the art for the card “Bite” removing all blood from it because it offends Chinese sensibilities. Guess what mobile game is being worked on with collaboration by a Chinese partner? Diablo Immortal.

All the talk they gave about remaining faithful to the original was a bold faced lie and the proof is in the pudding because if they were truly wanting to remain faithful to the original? They wouldn’t be going to such lengths to censor the art direction from the original.

Just google it. Blood Raven’s model has changed so much that they no longer look like Blood Raven. And this is why you hold on to your physical media.

8 Likes

You are right! I have some questions though! Are you excited to have your name in the credits at the end of the game? And please spill the tea on what it is like designing characters for this remaster!

1 Like

since you asked. there is a long and rich history. allow me to indulge you.

Tweaked wasn’t my druids original name in world of warcraft, I had decided to hit Generate Name!

Well, my Tauren Druid ended up with the name Pahandanu. Yes, the fabled Pahandanu feral druid, was the original incarnation of tweaked. At the time, I was about 15, and was pretty big into using synonym generators to come up with names.

I was tired of getting rejected from guilds because of the name Pahandanu (on american servers, no joke, 99% of time people associated my name with those bad guys you fight on counterstrike, I have no idea why).

Anyways, I punched “modified” into the name generator, and I thought the name tweaked was one of the coolest names there :slight_smile:.

something ive learned as a canadian, is you can’t let the opinions, associations and connotations of americans bother you. its the equivilent of being stuck in math class with that one kid who cant get over the fact he can write boobs with the calculator :slight_smile:

2 Likes

social justice warrior :DDDDDDDD

2 Likes