Not changing how Dclone spawns is a Terrible idea

Dclone spawn is 100% guaranteed from selling 75+ soj lol, he will spawn the same way as before , people will get together and sell soj. The only difference is that now, people can’t get multiple annis from using multiple toons by ip hunting.

YOU CANT THOUGH,

this is what YOU don’t understand…

if u cannot see the IP you CANNOT get a group together.

lets go through this senario… you give 10 of your legit sojs to the person who is going to sell them… this costs you around 4-5 enigma’s worth of sojs. because they are all legit.

and then what.

he walks w/e ip he is on… what do u get?
a 1-2% chance of getting an anni?

ROFL if u want to do that good luck
tell me how many annis u get

You can see the message in the game saying soj have been sold to merchants …

Fine I will lead you by the hand. A group of people get together and decide to walk Dclone. Each one joins a game. One person sells soj, everyone looks for the message in their game. If they see the message soj sold they stay in that game, if not they make new game. Another soj is sold from any of the players on the correct ip, and the players who are not seeing message keep making games till they see it. If they cannot find the correct ip before 75 soj are sold then … well sorry.

Edit : Lol you changed you’re entire OP

1 Like

I think randomness is better than lame IP hunting.

It would be great if there’s no IP hunting and people just throw sojs and hope for the best.

Either way it’s going to be pretty fun that first time I see him.

1 Like

ROFL, yeah u could… if your on the ip… but it only shows it to you if your ALREADY in the game when the soj sells… the user would need to sell 1 soj for EVERY game u joined.

so what your you going to do… get your party, you all make 1 game… and tell him to sell one… how man landed on it? zero? ok next game. tell him to sell another one.

so your going to do that one at a time? each time u join and enter a game you all tell the guy you joined and he sells ones to see who is on it?

i love this because it shows just how ignorant you are about HOW FREAKING HARD it is to land on the correct ip.

i sometimes have to make 300+ game ti hit the ip thats going to walk… because one server is just empty and it keeps trying to put me on that one, im LUCKILY if i get land on the ip in less than 50 games made, most of the time it takes well over 150 games to be made to land on the correct ip…
we dont know how many servers IP’s there are… and sure… there are are like 10 different ip this might work, but if they are idk… say… 100+ which is very likely the case… you have a very high chance of the server walking before u land on it.

because u forget another thing… once the server starts to sell sojs… its harder and harder to land on it… because the people IN those games… DON’T FREAKING LEAVE. and the more crowded a server the more likely the system is to put you on a different server. that’s why we NEVER sell sojs early, because people wont be able to land on the server if the public knows its going to walk.

we sometimes actually go out of our way… to sell an soj or two on severs we DON’T plan to walk JUST so people will go not quit games on THAT server so the people who donated the sojs have a better chance at actually landing on the IP that were GOING to walk.

you think you can just “make games” and see the soj count… you cant the soj count doesn’t appear unless he was sold when you are ALREADY in the game… this means u have
at best 120 chances to land on the correct server… and that is rarely EVER enough.

but of course you don’t know that…
because YOU have no idea how walks are done

by the time we get the soj to the person doing to walk… and people starting looking for the ip its normally 4-6 HOURS until the ip walks…

and this is making games every 30 seconds… which is the limit to not get realm down

1 Like

Yes that’s exactly what I explained to you in my previous post if you had bothered to read it.

I know exactly how walks are done thanks to you explaining it to us 15 thousand times already in this thread.

And it will take exactly the same amount of time to do it because the system has not changed, only the method of finding the correct ip.

except i have 6 hours and over 600 tries… ( on average it takes about 200-300 tries to hit the correct ip)… and u have at MOST 120…

and its going to be much HARDER for you because the server that is now selling constantly will NEVER lose a player… and will max out… because the public now knows your walking it… so unless you land on it within the first 20 or so tries you’re likely not going to hit it at all before it completely fills up

I’m sure this is exactly why it’s being left alone, because infinite trys at an anni is stupid.

STOP CHANGING YOUR POSTS EVERY 10 SECONDS

… you are aware… the buy in cost of a walk… is the about usually much more as the cost of unid anni…

that’s rhetorical btw … i know you aren’t, or else u wouldn’t make such a dumb statement.

walking the server isn’t FREE its COSTS SOJS, those are sojs we could just TRADE FOR ANNIS

the reason we would do it over and over is… we had multiple cd keys… so we pay the buy in cost once… and we get multiple annis… this offests the cost…

the rest of the people just try to hunt for the ip after the hour we release the ip number once all the people who payed for the walk land on thier ip

So no more multiple anni’s for you. Instead, they will go to random people. Good. The exact same number of anni’s will be in circulation just not all in the hands of you.

except

1. there is no way to stop me from getting more than 1… i can still do this. there is absolutely nothing stopping me IF walks are possible in the first place.
  2. have fun walking the ip by yourself.

we dont “take the annis” we CREATE THE ANNIS…

the anni’s i get are GENERATED by me, i PAIDED for them with the sojs. along with every other player who bought into the walk. i got the group together i spent HOURS search for the ip, these aren’t “FREE”

the walks don’t happen without it, i know you think that they do…

but they dont
here is a little research project for you… compare the jsp price of a ladder anni in 2006 vs 2019.

tell me what you come up with. then compare the price of nl sojs?

Here’s the part some people here are missing.

Nobody is going to sell their SOJ’s if the last message they saw is “1 SOJ sold.”

You need all 120 at once to be able to spawn DClone. And the idea that thousands of them are going to be just organically sold is insane. That’s arguably the most valuable ring in the game. Everybody that finds one is going to keep it for their characters.

Yes, a lot will be found naturally from all the people killing NM and Hell Andy just finishing the game, but beyond that it’s more than 1000 Andy kills per SOJ. That’s not something people will easily part with for a lottery chance of DClone spawning.

2 Likes

Then what is the point of this entire thread. Your op says different, unless you change it all again.

and once again you are just mad because you cannot farm and sell annis, unlike what you say in OP

You do understand that when he farmed an anni, the thousand or so other players on that server benefitted by having DClone walk, right?

If people don’t do the farming, nobody ever sees Diablo walk the earth.

1 Like

I’m assuming the primary and most efficient way that these Dclone spawns are going to be organized is by Twitch streamers (this is modern gaming in 2021) . Say Llama organizes a Soj selling event and gathers up thousands of players. Once he gives a 3 count and you start seeing the Soj counter in your game going up, that’s a good time to bite the bullet and sell your soj.

I think the SoJ counter needs to be reduced down to 10 - 50 depending on how many IPs Blizzard has. If it’s the same amount of IP addresses then something around 10 - 30 (arbitrary guess) would be more suitable in my opinion.

It’s the same as being a part of a “Sports Day” team (from elementary school) if you know what I’m talking about. You’re anonymously put onto a “team” depending what IP you land on, and hope your team will hold their weight during the event.

If you get the spawn it makes it much more exciting, and if you don’t or see your counter slow down or stop, you should go find a public hell game (or create a new game and hope they haven’t hit him yet).

This new version of Dclone should be accepted as an indirect change from what the original design intention was (duped SoJ sink).

This really isn’t supposed to be something you do if you can’t afford to lose a SoJ. I personally enjoy gambling and find the risk worth the reward. It also motivates me to MF thousands of games, build my wealth up, and actually play the game.

If it would help, maybe they could put a black Diablo icon on the public games that end up getting the spawn (yeah or nah).

1 Like

If the count was reduced to 10 or so, then yes, having a streamer announce a time could work. But not if it stays at 75-120. That’s simply too many SOJ’s spread across too many IP’s.

Another problem that hasn’t been mentioned is Bnet 2.0 games don’t perm.

That means if you see the message that Diablo walks the earth, and you’re not on a character that can take him, you’re out of luck unless you can find a friend to log onto your game.

And before you say, switch chars when you see the count going up, that won’t work, because the odds of you logging onto the same server with a new character are very, very slim.

Maybe they’ll do it so everyone logged into the Americas, or Europe, etc… gets a spawn. That would solve the last problem. It would also solve the problem of gathering a bunch of people (ie: streamer party). But we haven’t gotten any message stating whether or not that will be the case.

1 Like

Games still perm like they did in og D2! Worked in the Beta! On PC that is, not sure on consoles! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I knew you used D2Jsp. They are the only people who organise Dclone like this.

Side note I agree with a lot of what you’ve said here. Not sure exactly what they are going to do about it but I don’t think it will be done pre launch. The post launch patch list just keeps getting longer and longer.

That’s good news at least :slight_smile:

Might need that to mule between two accounts once all my character slots get full.

1 Like