Not an exploit just teamwork

Even though it’s a giant middle finger to solo players the season theme stacking is not an exploit. The group players who say it is just seem to lack communication and teamwork. It can be done without going back to town or any silly stuff like that.

But still it is a middle finger to solo play which sucks.

No, it’s not an exploit. It’s just a very bad theme and it’s been done 2 seasons ago.

1 Like

Well season 20 was my first season I’m enjoying it more than I did at the beginning that’s for sure

so, it’s not balanced…at least you’re admitting that it screws solo players (as did the s19 theme btw). It’s a crappy theme this season anyway.

I never said it was balanced…good lord is literacy dead.

I was making a post that clarified yours (in agreement btw) for those who would disagree with your initial post. There’s nothing wrong with my literacy, hell I speak more than 1 language (English and German).

I personally think it is an exploit and not in the spirit of the game as intended.

1 Like

How is it an exploit? Me and my team can pass the stacks without going to town or any funny stuff. Honestly it’s not that hard and out only need a second of a timer offset which can happen from going to the next floor first.

Side note: has no one at blizzard ever played a game of pool in their life? That snowball bounces so stupidly sometimes I’d swear the dev failed geometry.

well, you’re in a group, that would imply a group buff. 4 individual buffs for a 4 man group is NOT a group buff. It’s 4 individual buffs being used in a group.

1 Like

I suppose if you look at it like that. I’m not going to complain it may be a bit rehashed but I started this game last season so new to me. I like it solo or group it’s grown and the lag isn’t as bad anymore somehow.

Honestly the most irritating thing about this game is the people who are in a rush to close rifts and just selfish people in general cough cough (eurotrash) I kid I kid kinda

I’ve met less toxic random people in CoD so this game caught me by surprise how many just ugh people there are.

I know there’s a lot that could be done but go try and play Borderlands 3 and come back and tell me you don’t love diablo 3 :joy:

Yes, manners are lacking. I always wait and ask if it’s OK to close the rift etc. These days, with GR, I go do my blood shards first and leave my gem upgrades until that is done. The GR cannot be closed until everyone has upgrade their gems. I’m sure it ticks off a few players, tough luck. They can learn some manners, and learn some patience.

I have BL3, but haven’t played it yet. Started the original BL around Six months ago when I bought the series for PS4, got up to like the 2nd mission, but I suck at shoot 'em ups with a controller (mouse/keyboard kinda guy with these types of games to be honest), so never played it any further. My best mate is a big BL fan but has told me the RNG in the game is horrid (he’s also played D3 and his comment was “this is as bad as BL” lol).

The season buff allows mediocre players (let’s name it honestly) to do the highest possible content without even straining their brain too much just by doing some stack shuffling (with some paragon they did in a brainless GoD speed runs of course). The only teamwork needed is that stacks juggling. Nothing else. GoD set is… hmmm GOD like. So you can do 150 with a barb in 2m party and not even die once.
The players don’t need much paragon, BiS gear, smart sups and dd knowing when and how to use their skills… nothing.

GoD set itself doesn’t require much thought either - you don’t need to watch your CoE or something you just spin and smash buttons.
Necro dd is not much far from that.
Even when bazooka was in meta it required smart barb to know when to stomp, how to give pixel properly etc. Well you even needed some brain to get the macro working lol :smiley:
Now any granny can do 150 with some communication and 2k para. And they think oh I finished 150! But it wasn’t YOU who did 150 it is only the season buff m8. Previous seasons buffs required at least some skills to success this one doesn’t.

Shuffling the stacks isn’t as easy as you think and can be messed up with lack of communication or lack of density.

As far as manners are concerned, there isn’t too many games out there that attract the best nature in people.
D3 is full of racers who try and make everything as fast as possible to achieve their goal in hitting the leader boards. So you get a lot of people who have no patience when a “casual” joins in, then they get flustered and can become toxic.
An unfortunate phenomenon that has occurred in online gaming since my first interaction with online gamers using aol on starcraft…
As far as the theme and stacks, I just recently watched an individual almost clear a 150 using the twisters on the RG and he said you only need a few stacks, don’t even need to build them up to large proportions.
I reached in the 400’s on the LB with my frenzy barb which surpassed my goal of just getting on there even at 999 and now working on the WD which I have got in the 700’s. Have yet to get lucky on timing with the season theme for the RG but I also don’t pay attention and try to utilize it.
I am PC now too though.

If your in a rush that’s cool don’t push that on others though find people like you, I have all day to play and it’s all I do right now until I they let me back to work so I have no interest in 3 runs and dump and luckily have a group who’s the same.

It must be different on PC because there’s no way anything under 400 stacks is one shotting anything on console and even then that’s not doing it.

The over courteous players are funny to when I’m way higher paragon but I’m in their lobby and they want me to decide what to do haha bro I’m in your lobby to do what YOU want but the sentiment is appreciated :joy:

People just use a TH plugin that shows stacks and timer for that right in the center of the screen (or whatever position you choose) so you don’t need to bother. You see how much time left. Yeah sometimes the stacks resets for no reason but that doesn’t happen too often. For consoles it might be a bit more difficult to track.

Anyway the highest possible content in diablo 3 should require gameplay skills and good gear / high paragon. Not just the skill to run from the rest of the party in time

It’s not an exploit because Blizz say it isn’t.

But they also say it is working as intended in that you can pass stacks arounds and trigger the Season theme every 22 secs or whatever it is by being a few screens away.

There is no way in hell that is intended, they simply say it is working as they see fit so they do not need to fix or change it.

An awful season theme and mechanic that has ruined another season in my opinion.

I’ve not even started and have no desire to.

1 Like

Well I feel bad should let something such as this keep you from playing the season. See you guys are pointing out pc things that don’t work on consoles and we are in the console section. That three screens away junk doesn’t work on console at least. So mabye it’s working exactly as intended for console and pc needs to be fixed (omg what ours is correct!? haHA)

Trust me we’ve tried the only thing that offsets the timer is someone going to the next door first and let’s get real someone always goes first no one is clicking x at the same time and getting to the door at the same time. And in a real push no one is going to stay behind in the room for any length of time to offset it more.

I think the point is, no matter how you do it on any platform its still a crappy mechanic that I’ll never believe was “intended”.

2 Likes

In solo its working as intended i think. Doesn’t work in set dungeons anymore. Sometimes hard to see what is coming as you have so many buff icons now. But in GR115 you can kill RG with ~100 stacks and the laser breath from diablo

Yeah but passing stacks so you trigger the theme every 22 secs in groups is not intended IMO and makes group player even better compared to solo which is strange given that still has a lot of complaints.

1 Like