Norvald's Fervor needs a buff

You give up a weapon, a shield, and have to take heavenly strength. 100% damage isn’t enough to justify that. Imo it should be increased to like 400%

1 Like

i have to agree with this

Truth.

But I still used it on my speed farm build, and T16 simply melted. 400% and I’d be all Giggity.

yea for t16 is just average, having to get rid a shield and use a 2h weapon for only 100% increased dmg is just a really bad trade overall, i have those 2 items with good rolls waiting for a buff in future so i can use in high grs

1 Like

Eh, here’s the biggest issue with Norvald’s - It’s a generic 2 piece class set which can go with ANY build. Every single other weapon 2 piece set that all the other classes have target SPECIFIC builds or abilities. For Norvalds, all you need is Steed which is pretty much Crusader’s default movement ability.

Thus, all the other 2 piece weapon sets CAN be powerful, because even if you buff it, the set/ability it targets would be using it anyway. However, if Norvald gets over-buffed, it winds up in a meta in which EVERY single Crusader build uses it. Every single one. And under-buffing it is kinda pointless.

The problem with Norval’s is that even as a class set - it is completely redundant.

Swift mount gets you the exact same (or arguably better) utility. The 100% damage bonus only works if you are mounted (I.E. Belt of the trove, Fire Walker Boots / flame steed, or phalanx). In all three cases, you get better damage in the build overall with the actual shield slot and using the cube.

IF they made the damage specific, OR gave it another cool utility it might see some use, Perhaps give steed charge the benefit of an extra rune or two? So you can both chain and fire drag some poor mob across the the map for twice as long? THAT might be interesting.

The buff lasts after steed charge ends. I think it’s about 5 seconds.

It actually makes for a pretty exciting and dynamic speed farming tool, but it needs more damage. I use it with AoV fist of the heavens, and can do 100’s in about 3 minutes.

1 Like

W/ steed charge, spiked barding, Invokers build, T10 w/ lvl 111 boyarsky’s chip, season 20. My opinion, I should be able to mount and ride, basically 1 shoting EVERYTHING even w/o The Hack cubed. 500% thorns x 104,800…
I dont get it block chance @>55%
WTH is wrong? Am I missing something? Total thorns…260,484 w/o Invokers aka block multiplier applied. HELP! Is it broke?

Tried to do that with Akkan set, Nightmare rune instead of Spiked Barding. Failed miserably : / Of course I didn’t check the numbers with d3planner first, but frankly, I wouldn’t know how hard (or little) it will hit either way, as I don’t know the number of mob’s hp.

Yours, I checked. Your Steed Charge does 379.8 mil with 0 2-piece stack. 1.7 bil with 1 stack, 3 bil with 2 stack, so on and so on.

First, I highly doubt mobs will able to hit you when you’re flying by; they have to hit you first in order for you to block. Second, again, I don’t know how big mob’s hp is in T10, but that Steed Charge number is 1/25 (4%) of your Invoker 6-pc damage. And Steed Charge damage is in second. When compare to Invoker 6-pc damage per second, that’s 1.6% of it.

So I can see why it won’t work as you or I tried to cheese (let’s face it, cause it is. haha).

Thought some more about this. Because of how important the weapon + shield slots are, you could buff Norvald’s through the roof before you have to worry about shifting balance. Here’s a from-memory list of what you can combine Norvald’s with.

Nope:
Roland Sweep
Aov HF
Condemn
Blessed Shield
Invoker (needs IAS too much)
Seeker/Hammerdin
Anything LoN/LoD

Yep:
AoV FotH
Akkhan thorns bombardment
Rolands Shield Bash

And I think that’s it. My gut says you’d have to buff Norvald’s to like 1000% before worrying. It could be fun to make builds like archers at least T16 viable.