Non-set item barbarian build suggestion

I managed to beat GR121 under 10 minutes with my ww/rend build at 1580 paragons, got really lucky with map layout and pylons that time, i’m not sure if i can do any better than that, i’m spot 3 on the leader board for GR121 and i think i’ll just leave it like that :smiley:

it’s getting very difficult to upgrade my equipment unless it’s a primal with the right stats… i have aug’ed every piece of equipment i have and i don’t really want to mindlessly grinding more paragon points

want to try a different non-set item barbarian build for fun, any good build suggestion?

Well, the best non-set build we have is LoD HOTA.

Or, just for pure fun, there’s the “Hot Magma” build…

1 Like

With enough paragon legacy of dreams hota is a blast. The base paragon needed to really do anything starts at around 2k.

LoD HOTA is our only viable non-set (LoD) build. It’s surprisingly strong, but as with any LoD build, very dependent on getting good Ancient items.

Fun build… Avalanche LoD. There is chunks of stuff falling everywhere. A few seasons back I built it just for fun and cleared a GR97 with solid (not great) gear.

I think you said you wanted fun right, not a push build as suggest by others? Try Avalanche Phys or Cold.

1 Like

fun is always good, I also still want to try to push as high as possible, want to see how far I can go with just under 2k paragon.

Push build vs Fun build. All depends on your point of view :thinking:

You can push with any build, it depends on what clears you’re aiming for.

Are you after a fun, push build capable of gr120 plus? If you are then, LoD HotA is your only real hope… if you find HotA fun :slightly_smiling_face:

Pushing any LoD build is not going to be pushing as high as Barbs main builds WW, Frenzy, Leap etc. LoD Barb builds are all just really for giggles and the push element is relevant to the build.

Have fun fella and when you crack a good LoD build share in these forums. I’ll be keen to try it.

1 Like

I’ve been having a ton of fun with Blackarrow’s WW/Quake hybrid, which I’ve been tweaking for speed T16s. Seems like it got updated with the following…

This build seems like an evolution of the version I’ve been using, and probably got really smooth for T16 with the Tribes’ buff. I think I’ll be switching to this!

3 Likes

I suppose it depends on what you want to do. If you want to keep grinding, the above is reasonable. If you want to slaughter things but maybe not at the highest level, I like Frenzy stuff myself. Just seems so intrinsically Barbarian…

I tried the LoD / HOTA build with a bunch of ancient items i found, surprisingly without any augs except on my rings, i was able to clear GR112 after a few tries.

It’s actually pretty fun, i can try out different gears and see what works the best and not limited to just set items.

Currently playing a LoD Weapon Throw Barb and absolutely owning T6.

2000 more paragon and T7 will be firmly in my sights.

:confused:

1 Like

Dieharder intensifies

3 Likes