Non Seasonal STRAFE with knives

Hello,

has anyone worked out any new build involving the Strafe-with-a-melee-weapon change?

I’m thinking of a LoD/LoN thing or maybe even a S2+Aug3+CC3+GJ3 one. The possibilities seem to be many, I wonder what could seriously work (if anything), but I haven’t had the time to test all the combos yet.

Any tips by the veteran DH experts here?

Greetings from Rome!

1 Like

The change targets s27. NS, you ll lose too much multipliers forcing a strafe melee build.

1 Like

I’ll have fun with it doing a LoD throw everything build simply because it will be hilarious. I don’t imagine it will be “effective.”

Things like Stalgard’s Decimator (in Cube), Sash of Knives, etc.

GoD Grenades is a thing. I’m running with a Thunderfury right now and experimenting with Hallowed Protectors crafted set Axe and Shield. You can hit the 9 frame break point with the axe and shield idea without doing anything as far as removing paragon or what not or adding an attack speed roll because the two piece bonus gives a 10% attack speed bonus and an axe’s base attack speed is 1.3 attacks per second. The shield transmog is one of the coolest in the game, and transmoging the axe into a Skycutter sword gives the Demon Hunter a holy themed look.

At any rate, GoD Grenades benefits some from being able to strafe with a melee weapon.

Friendly Reminder: Do NOT run with knives.

4 Likes

I’ve done GR130 with GoD Grenades. I like it more than Hungering Arrow.

2 Likes

I had a fun lon strafe from when they were all up into grenades for everything. Pretty much all the fire gear, a lot of resource cost reduction and a zodiac ring. It stops being fun around at around gr100.

The season impale strafe is a million times better

1 Like

A quick question, how is Lord Greenstone’s interact with this season theme?

I suspect it is nullified. Sorry if it has been covered elsewhere. I too would like to make a variant like this.

Happy hunting all.