Non-Raging Post about dying during a lockup

I died during a lockup caused by some server side lag (30+ seconds no other application or internet using resource in the house affected) this season and I know how hardcore works, and it should be that way.

Not if you die from a hacker, server issue, literal divine intervention, whatever the case.

But I will say, for the benefit of the overworked devs on this team that need to articulate why outlier issues (no one really plays hardcore - and most hardcore players die to their own mistakes) matter to your game:

If a AAA developer can’t release a game with mitigations in place to prevent technical issues causing character deaths (the way other ARPGs log you out when there’s any hint of technical issue, but you can force close D3 in PowerShell and still come back to a dead toon), then that company has no business putting a hardcore setting in their game.

This happened yesterday - I’m not mad anymore, going to move on to another game and stop this season (which I normally do after 1 legitimate run a season) - I got to top 50 on my class leaderboard which is fine for having a full time job/family and eventually I was going to die to my own mistake or overconfidence or whatever like I normally do, but these issues are going to make me rethink if D3 is worth visiting in future seasons - there seem to be some industry standards for ARPGs with hardcore settings that blizzard is unwilling to conform to.

Exactly same happened to me with solo barb para 1.2k hardcore, ripped through no fault of my own but the 30 sec freeze and game is not responding lag that still hasn’t been resolved , it makes you wonder what kind of company blizzard really is when they can’t make there games playable, but put all there resources into d2r and d4 ,dont they realise that there customers for these games are trying to play d3 ??? I mean it’s a great sales pitch isn’t it purchase our game, but it might be playable or it might not

2 of my friends have last multiple toons (8 total i think) this season ( frenzy barbs and mundungo wds, god dh) due to the lag. It’s been much more noticable than in previous seasons. I hope blizz looks at it.

If by chance your running Nvidia graphics or haven’t heard about this old link… Nvidia installs the bnet app.exe when you install d3 (but leaves d3.exe out) once you add it modify the graphics per the link… the original post/troubleshooter - my hats off - hasn’t locked up since & having the sound on makes a difference.