Non-legendary Gems

Do we really need the crummy lower-level gems anymore? Can we just have everything below marquise removed, and have the marquise start dropping around level 20?

Sure it might accelerate the climb from 1 to 70, but that’s not a bad thing. I don’t enjoy that aspect of the game at all, no matter how “quickly” others can do it.

But those lower-level gems should go. They might have been useful when 60 was the cap. But there’s no reason to keep them in the game. The rest of the power-creep is leaps beyond what those gems could have provided.

Maybe move the gems above imperial to the loot table in their place, starting at level 70+.

EDIT: Or maybe just have the gem hoarders drop the level 60 gems. Finding them in place of just about anything else at lower levels is a let down.

1 Like

I am generally opposed to what seems like power creep, however I do like this idea as more of a QOL improvement.

We could compromise, low level gems stop dropping at level 30, and it only ever takes 2 of a gem to upgrade one level in the lower half. And when we do this, completely drop the lowest 2-3 levels. Who cares about a dot or tear drop?

They are needed for solo leveling and for people actually playing the game. Get over it. Unless you don’t mind the lower part of the game being unbalanced. Makes the actual game pointless though as it is power creep. Think it out a little please.

Lower gems already don’t drop at higher game rank… What game are you playing. This already exist in that form. No lower gem drops at a higher game in any circumstances I’m aware of.

And higher gems do drop in lower games. You get the from certain chest and monsters. Gem goblins only drop higher gems. And Rifts also drop higher gems.

Get your game out of the first difficulty level and you will find magical things happening.

I’ve killed many gem hoarders and they do not drop higher level gems. They drop gems based on your level.

The only time I have gotten the Marquise and Imperial gems, without being level 61+, is when I am lucky enough to get a rainbow goblin. All other sources of gems, drop based on your level. What game are you playing?

I’m not sure why you feel the need to attack me, but I hope you feel better for it. Because if you thought it through, I would not care about the higher gems if I was still on the “first difficulty level”.

Seriously, do you need a hug or something?

[quote=“Talzar13-1735, post:1, topic:2302, full:true”]… Can we just have everything below marquise removed…
[/quote]

Just don’t pick them up if you don’t want them. Tada, issue resolved.

1 Like

Yes u did before torment 16