Non Elite mob damage effects?

I was looking for some detail for mob damage effects… like the green poison looking cloud that appear at s some corpses / spreads to cover the screen. Exploding mobs. Has anyone come across a resource with that detail?

I found the elite damage types reference… that was good to see more detail on some ground effects like desecrator, plagues, molten.

Are you concerned about the damage type? If so, thr color indicates the damage type. Red is fire, green is poison, pink/purple is arcane, bright yelloy is holy, light yellow or tan is physical, blue can be cold or physical. Cold is normally easily identified with ice shards though.

There are some exceptions like blood stars from succubi. They are red but do ranged physical damage.

1 Like

Damage type is of interest yes, but also have noticed some dish out the pain more significantly than others too, so wondered how they are working.

Some of the elite ground based attacks report to escalate exponentially the longer you stand in it. Wondered if some of these were working the same.

I have never come across a compiled list of the amount of damage specific attacks do, or how they scale with difficulty.

Interesting about succubi, I had definitely assumed fire, so good to know it’s physical.

So the exploding mobs with the blue circle before the snake like critters come out is physical?

Yes, the grotesques explosions are physical.

1 Like

I heard that almost any ranged attack from a standard mob is physical. Other than like the chairs that come in obvious different elements

1 Like

Arrows, spears, bloodstars, bogan traps, ghoast soul siphon are all physical.

Mortars are fire. Ice clan goatmen shoot cold frost clouds( pretty painfull). Sereph shoot cold missiles(very painfull).

Hitting any dune dervish or stone dweler while they are either spinning or are surrounded by a dust cloud will reflect and player projectiles back at the player, element being whatever the player chose as a rune and damage is based on the player (hello oneshotting yourself!)

1 Like

God this topic triggers me…as a BS Necro this season the amount of projectile mobs in GR’s and their Elite versions of them have me shouting at the game far too often.

One of the most dangerous and rare that I saw was the Elite Affix of “speed” or “quick” where the enemy has double movement speed and the Rare plus Minions were the Sand Wasps…they swarmed around me at super speed and “machine gunned” me with a million bees at super speed…it was insane!

Shielding and Wallers trigger me the most though…blocking my spears…

Mmm… some as yet unaccounted for insta deaths happen on occasion … got to check this out.

“Fast”? … according to Fandom… “excel at chasing down wounded heroes” uh oh

wasps seem to bug me too… something about attack speed and bubbles from my view point… that and the poison on the ground from ghoul looking mobs seem painful in a range of builds… check my resists and they seem ok… make me want to see whats going on there

Is Kulle-Aid any help? I read its effect, but never had cause to try it out. Maybe Nec prefers armor in a bind though.

Kule-aid would work if you could use it when your walled and at full health… it so wack that you have to not be at full health to use it to break walls.

Normally prefer the Tower potion for 20% armor…

I prefer either potion of the leech(LPH) or potion of amplification.

The way I see it, I only use potions when I’m low on health. Gaining 20% armour from potion when at 10% life will get you to roughly 70% life and add roughly 5-10% damage mitigation. That will effectively make your 70% life equivalent to maybe 75%. I would much rather gain additional heals to get me to 100% life so as to avoid procing if I get hit hard again within a short time.