No Useful Primals

All fine, if you want to level to 70 in 30h also fine, just dont be surprised you wont get any primals. OP uses his paragon as some sort of argument, but when you play more slowly or are just leveling up to p800, the total of items dropped is relativly low, and thus the chances on a good primal super low, thats my point.

1 Like

Maybe.

Currently I’m farming GR75s in less than 4 minutes. Getting around 250 or more souls an hour, so I expect to see a second Primal soon. I personally am not worried about them.

It just took a while to grind out the items I needed to get to where I can really grind efficiently solo. Some seasons are like that. Soon enough I will be running back to back 80s then 90s as I get better pieces of gear to swap out. Just the way it goes.

1 Like

Ok right, I have about 10 on ea of my accounts and at 953 paragon. Plus these are some of the ones I have got. Zoey’s secret, Hunter’s wrath, nemis, karlei’s point, Shadows bane & heels, Squirt’s necklace, hellwalker, & convention.

The thing is if I played the game like most people I too would maybe crying about drops. But I play it like the game was made to be played Killing and Exploring. I do as much as i can even in public rifts & bounties.

If people want to just run for elites and kill the RG that is fine. If I’m in a public rift game and they are doing full clears. I have to some times go back to town because I run out space for drops. There are times I can fill my inventory up with just drops. No yellows, blues, whites, and gems.

The game today is all about speed builds, keys, GR’s and being leader board King.

1 Like

That’s because that’s what gets people the most loot / time spent. As the thread’s complaining about a lack of drops, how they’re spending their time in game is highly relevant. At GR90, a Guardian drops 12 loots. 10 are guaranteed to be legendary, the other 2 can be blue, yellow or legendary. Higher level GRs give more XP, but do not give more loot. So, if you want the most legendaries per hour, you run GR90s (or higher) where you can complete them in 2-3 minutes per run, as this gets you 200-300 legendaries per hour. At that rate, with primals being 1 in 400 legendaries, you should see a primal every couple of hours on average.

1 Like

Not just primals, but the drop rate for ancients seems way lower than in seasons past.

Wonder if the ember drops are taking up slots where legendary/set items would normally fall? I hadn’t thought of that till now.

At least I found my ancient Yangs finally. Went up 10GRs for speed farming, so farming 85s now. Now I just need to start replacing other pieces, bit by bit with Ancient or Primals. lol

Farm farm farm…

Game on.

The embers do indeed use up one of the legendary drop slots from the Guardian loot as I’ve had cases where I’ve had two non-legendary drops from the 12, and one or two of the legendary drops were embers.

1 Like

Is it bad that I have more souls than anything else? 500 souls, 300 something of white and blue mats, less than a 100 yellow, and like 200 DBs… True, I have been upgrading bows and quivers constantly, but still. lol

Hilarious. Time to start farming more bounties, I need some mats for those anyway, as I have to craft for some ancient Crimsons… Ugh.

OK most people that have speed builds do rifts for one thing Keys. They don’t pickup any thing and never pickup the Orange balls too. Plus the speed racers are not out to do 90 GR’s. It is more like 110 and up.

The avg person playing 70% to 80% will never do this. Only the mindless racers will do this!!! OK I’m going sit here for hours just doing 90 GR’s. So I might get that Primal.

OK Right that doesn’t work 100% of the time. You are lucky it works 50%. So you tell me in season 19 I got 35 primals. When I went a whole season with only 1100 paragon. Plus getting 4 in 15 mins at the cube. OH wait I most have got 1600 legendaries in 15 mins. They drop when they drop.

Yes I know the paragon has nothing to do with, but most of the racers would be at 1100 in less then the 1st week.

This is what most people want first ancients. Yes it is nice that you do get that primal here and there.

The thing is how is he playing the game. Did he make a speed build. Does he just race through the game killing elites and RG for keys do to GR"S.

I play the game for what it was made for Killing & Exploring. If I’m doing a rift and I’m on really large map I will kill everything and check everything. There some times I’ll clear the whole rift and some time not. It is all what maps I get.

the thing is you get anything from almost anything in the game. Not just elites and the RG.

Clearly. But the average given an infinite sample size is 1/400. Gotten 3 primals from kadala in one shard dump, I’ve also gone thousands of legendaries and gotten none.

Good for you, you enjoy the game the way you want to play it. For general advice its terrible, you can run rifts in 1 min avg, pick up some death breaths and loot along the way, you get 4.6 keys on avg. With those keys you can run speed grifts in 2min and spam them, each time you get 10 legs at least. If you play your way and go “pompdidompompom, oeh a normal chest, aw nothing, ah another chest, 1 legendary yeeh, oeh lets see what that is, pomdidompompom…” etc you get very little loot. Your loot per floor may be higher, but your loot per hour will be less.
Dont get me wrong, if you enjoy playing your way, and you have told us many times that you do enjoy it that way, please go ahead.

1 in 400 legendaries is the expected value for primals. This is the value you would be expected to approach / average over huge amounts of attempts. For an individual, over small numbers of attempts, you’re dealing with large amounts of short-term variance.

And, if you work out the number of primals dropped by all players, divided by the number of legendaries dropped by all players, it’s extremely close to 1 in 400. The fact that you might have wildly different short term differences from that doesn’t alter what the long term average is.

Well, the expected value for ancients is 1 in 10 legendaries. If they’re speed-running GR90s and getting 200-300 legendaries an hour, that means they should, on average, be getting 20-30 ancients an hour. Heck, even if they’re taking 5 minutes per GR, that’s still 12 GRs in an hour, so 120 legendaries, which is 12 ancients an hour, and that’s before you factor in the extra legendaries / ancients you’ll get from spending your blood shards.

And that’s fine if that’s how you enjoy playing the game, but it’s absolutely not the way to go about maximising the number of legendaries (and hence ancients and primals) for time spent, which is what this thread’s about.

2 Likes

For me this season, I have had quite a few primals drops, although about 30% have gone to the trash bin, nearly everything else has been quite useful… just not necessarily for the class/set I am playing.

Example - This season I have been playing Typhon’s, my Wand is a a perfect primal, most of my other gear is ancient, and the only reason I have most of my ancients has been through cube upgrading rares. Yet… I have 3 absolutely perfect Tal’s primals (Ammy, Gloves, Legs).

Right now Tal’s is pretty much at the bottom of the barrel in terms of sets, but I still have enhanced them for eventual NS play should the sets get buffed in the future.

Additionally 2 perfect primal fist weapons, Lion’s Claw and Scarbringer, despite playing Inna’s Monk this season and have yet to have a decent Ancient Shelongs drop (either). Still using an Ancient Inna’s staff (UGH!). Again, both of those items have also been enhanced.

For me Embers have been dropping like candy all season long, despite enhancing 4 separate toons, every ancient or primal they have, and a bunch of excellent primals for sets that I do not currently play, I am usually sitting around 30-40 embers at any given time.

Im 3k+ paragon and use 4x primal. Rng is rng. I had seasons with much more luck and some with much less. I even used 1.8k bounty mats on amulet and didnt even get 1 decent ancient one. So yeah its just rng.

Ancients for me this season have been the biggest obstacle, at least for the set I seem to be playing… Ancients for Firebirds, Tal’s or some other Monk set… no problem.

For the sets I’m playing, not so much…

If you play solo you should be able to use the enchantress with the all skills token with a build that uses the enforcer gem. If you equip the Inna belt on you monk you could also use magefist or cindercoat for more damage when you use the Inna Daibo.

My Monk has been sidelined by my Wizard this season, actually enjoy playing her more, despite the fact my monk even in the current state probably outpowers her.

Just need to run some bounties for mats to re-roll my rings to Ancients, probably just going to use an ancient/primal version of RotRG since I need the attack speed anyway. Easier to get those rolls, than an Ancient version of CoE with high elemental damage %. and CHC, CHD and/or Attack Speed.

Best of luck with that :grinning:

I have been using the same gloves and shoulders almost all season, think it was at most the 2nd pair after Haedrig’s gift. But since the gloves are quads and I can’t seem to find an ancient pair of shoulders with both CDR and Rend damage I feel like I might never find ancients that are actually upgrades.

1 Like

The gloves you’re wearing seem to be “trifecta”; str, crit,crit, cdr (sorry for nitpicking) .