NO TCP/IP Multiplayer? Give me back my money!

I want a refund for the game. By now canceling a promised feature, all Mod Support goes away as well.

Mods like Project Diablo (wich are even better than the orginal game) are now RIP.

15 Likes

OK.

I can give you about $3.50.

11 Likes

You will be happy to know that initating a refund is very simple through the support system. While digital sales tend to be final, that does not apply to a game that has not released yet and where you have not used any of the content.

Here is the link to the direct D2R Refund options with the menu options selected for you. Blizzard Support - Contact Support It should let you refund it yourself. The time for funds to get back to you depends on your bank’s refund policies and procedures.

You can continue to play D2 (2000) and LoD (2001) via the TCP/IP methods. Those will remain exactly as is.

7 Likes

It’s easy to get a refund, follow Ms. Cheetah’s instructions above. I refunded my PC copy myself over this and the ladder announcement.

6 Likes

Does this indeed mean there will be no mods, or will there be an “Open Battle.net” mode that allows mods and or local save games?

1 Like

that is a nice joke xD

4 Likes

has never worked on tcp/ip and quite possibly never would have been able to work on the new game anyway.

Them damned aliens!!!

I’m glad you will get one :slight_smile: Have a nice and a wonderful day my friend :slight_smile: <3

1 Like

Project Diablo and median xl are terrible they change way to much and are for specific niche groups. Blizzard designed a classic game that has lasted 20 years the mods didn’t make the game last that long they just changed things they wanted hell median xl isn’t even Diablo 2 is a completely different game using the D2 game as a base. Project Diablo 2 is a mod that changes and destroys the original intent of the game. There’s a reason many of the QOL that are in PD2 aren’t in the game it’s because it changes the core of the game. The skills are balanced fine now(only thing I would change is making iron golem permanent unless it dies) you don’t need every skill viable plus Diablo 2 itself isn’t that hard you can beat hell mode with basically any build as is

I’ll match your generous offer.

That is true, in my opinion and experience big hardcore mods are completely different games. I have been playing D2 for 15ish years now and only few times I was keen to check out mods such as Median XL mostly because of those HD res patches etc, and that modded gameplay just doesn’t feel like diablo to me. So I have always reverted back to my D2LoD.

No TCP/IP and Open Bnet is a disaster.

All mods support are done for now (PvM mod and PvP open realms)

It’s not possible anymore to play with friends on our single players characters (pvm or pvp).

Security issue or not, this is something people wanted. Find a solution instead of removing things.

I 100% understand this post.

16 Likes

You prefer a mass hacked d2r to a d2r wo tcp/ip enabled?

If it is the price to pay i think it is a low price, obviously if it doesnt prevent the mass botting and other hacs then it is not worhth it.

If you think ppl will not find way to hack this game then you are delusional.

Instead of removing things, you can adjust, fix or propose something different with same result (playing with single player chars on private game).

4 Likes

Obviously they will, but it is not the same that everybody can set up a functional bot in 10 min like right now in original d2 than if there are only a few bots running.

You know that if they removed it, it is because they couldnt find a fix, maybe in the coming months they find a way and release a patch wich enables it again.

3 Likes

This is the reason I will be requesting a refund and why my 4 roommates are not buying the game now. We don’t have reliable internet, so true offline lan play with mods was a biggy.

3 Likes

okay bye, you wont be missed on the forums.

2 Likes

Okay byeeeeeeeeeeeee

3 Likes

i don’t quite understand why so many people have started new threads about refunding their pre orders. i mean i get why people want to do it for games but it’s not like pre internet i would run around the game shops yelling at people i was cancelling my pre order, i would just do it and go home.

2 Likes