No seasonal journey for a new season 19 character

I rebirthed a character to seasonal, but there is no Season Journey book in the upper right. When I hit Shift-J I get a big blank page entitled Season Journey. I tried restarting battle.net, went through the repair process, tried creating new seasonal characters, rebooted, still with the same results. I really hope my first evening is not completely wasted. Please help, I have been looking forward to the new season, but getting quite frustrated. This is on PC.

Thanks

Try this:

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I had to go through all the processes (took all of 5 minutes), but finally, deleting the Blizzard Entertainment directory did the trick. Strange, I have been playing for a long time and I have never encountered this problem, but the article you directed me to did the trick. Thanks again!!

Glad to hear that.
The cause should be caused by corrupted cache files, I think.
If it happens again, just reapply the steps.

Same problem but if i delete the Blizzard Entertainment folder i cant connect to battlenet anymore

Shouldn’t be. Those folders would be recreated by the app/game. If they don’t recreate, perhaps there are some file permission problems. Try “Run As Administrator Role”. The article contains procedure.

I tried so many things already and nothing is working. When i delete my cache folder i cant connect to battle net. When i have the web_cert_bundle and 6b in my cache folder and start diablo i can connect to the game and it creates more cache files but as soon as one of the 2 is deleted i cant even connect to the diablo servers.

Which folders you have deleted?
You should delete the whole Battle.net and Blizzard Entertainment folders, not just their Cache sub-folders.
Also, you should exit the desktop app and D3, and kill the Agent.exe before any deletion.
As a precaution, Restart Computer before retest.

Yes, im deleting the whole folders while bnet and d3 are closed, same with the agent.exe. And i restarted my computer many times doing it and running everything as administrator. When i launch bnet only the battle.net folder is recreated and i cant go online.

Strange. I had used Method 2 (and 1) several times before, never have connection problem afterward.

I’d suggest reinstalling the desktop app and may be D3 as well.
Do a clean reinstallation if necessary. See the bottom of that article for how to uninstall app/games. The Advanced Troubleshooting section contains steps to delete files manually.

In case you can’t go back online after reinstallation, it could be other issues that cause it. It is out of the scope here. You may need to contact support for further assistance.

Edit: the poster of this thread (on EU forum) has some experience sharing. He had “missing achievement and season journey” too:

I have the same problem but i cant try those options cuz i am playing on an imac. can smo help :slight_smile:

oh i found the entry about this problem and tried this -Deleting Battle.net Files - Blizzard Support
and now i cant log in :slight_smile:

Hi three and Compow,

There are multiple causes to the problem.

If you have problems after deleting cache, it could means some hidden issue now float to the surface.

Try other methods stated in the article. I.e. Run as Admin, Firewall and router settings, DNS, reinstallation, … These methods were provided by other players. (The article is a collection of solutions from support, my own experience, and other players.)

Other methods are more related to login/connection issues. Skip those methods you had already tried.

I couldn’t provide details on DNS setting because the original posters didn’t mention. You may try flushing DNS, or using Google DNS or other public DNS.

Note that this is actually a technical issue, not a bug. You may also seek help on Technical Support or Mac Technical Support forums. Or, input a ticket to contact support.

1 Like

thank you for the answer but i flushed dns and used google dns too. still unable to login… it always giving " BLZBNTBGS80000011" and the codes solutions is not done anything at all :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

This is the support article for BLZBNTBGS80000011:

Seems that you are playing on EU realm. I have checked Blizzard’s EU CS Twitter website, there were maintenance, and some login issue earlier. Not sure if that related to your problem.

Suggest you to contact EU support directly.