No patch for ps3

Why did the developers notate in the description of Diablo 3: reaper of souls- ultimate evil edition that i would recieve the FULL GAME if they werent going to push updates for Kanai’s Cube? Its false advertisement without a disclosure and makes those who purchased the game feel cheated. Ive spoken with blizzard support who will not refund the cost of the game because i bought it through the playstation store and playstation support claims the developers at Blizzard Entertainment are responsible for the game description and will not provide me a refund instead saying i should contact blizzard. I have documentation for everything thats been said in this post and im wondering why I’ve been lied to and neither company is willing to take responsibility and make it right.

what updates for kanai’s cube? Do you mean the 4th slot (which right now is just a season bonus, not a permanent upgrade)? Do console players even get seasons?

No they’ve completely Avoided any update to the game for all ps3 users since patch 2.0.6 and Kanai’s cube was added in 2.3 but they dont disclose that it wont update and claim its the full game.

First of all Blizzard did say way before the release that PS3 and 360 versions would have limited support. The simple reason is that neither of those consoles have the resources to handle the additional content. They barely handle D3 as it was left.

When you bought the game you got everything it promised to have. So yes, it is a full game. Everything else added post release is just bonus.

2 Likes

It was stated a while back that the ps3 and xbox 360 version of Diablo 3 wouldn’t received continual updates.

Q: Does Ultimate Evil Edition include features implemented in the PC version?

A: Ultimate Evil Edition includes all the features and updates introduced in Reaper of Souls expansion on PC up to patch 2.0.4, including updated loot system (“Loot 2.0”), account-wide paragon levels, changes to difficulty levels, complete skill system overhaul, new class and act, the brand new Adventure Mode, and more.

The ps4 and Xbox One (and eventually switch) versions on the other hand were different and confirmed to have continual support:

Thanks to the powerful new architecture of next-gen console platforms, we’re happy to confirm that we will be able to provide ongoing patch support for Ultimate Evil Edition on the [PS4] and [Xbox One] versions of the game. As we continue to patch Reaper of Souls on Windows and Mac, we will also be working to bring game updates to the PS4 and Xbox One.

That said, I do sympathize with you (as I did for the ps3 and xbox 360 players back around when RoS was released).

2 Likes

Unfortunately like everything else, they keep upping the requirements for games thus rendering older consoles/pc’s useless. Between cellphones and cpu/gpu’s…you have to be quite wealthy to keep up with the latest. Sometimes if you wait too long, you find yourself not able to play the up to date games. Specially those that have patches with new content added through the games course.