No main stat...(https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/dh-weapon-crafting-results-are-finally-in/10359)

14 days ago…

14 days ago…

11 days ago…

6 days ago…

Two weeks later. Still waiting…

1 Like

I am still working on my spreadsheet and test results. And something just occurred to me.

I was talking about Dexterity/Vitality. More specifically, I was talking about instances of an item where Vitality appeared but Dexterity did not. I didn’t count items where both appeared or neither appeared. I was just talking about the ones where I get Vitality but no Dexterity.As far as I’m concerned, an item that has neither is instant trash, while an item that has both is potentially usable, but it’s the item that has Vitality but no Dexterity that aggravates me.

So on your Blitzbolter experiment, there is actually an occurrence of greater than 1 (24/23 = 1.04).

We’ll see what it looks like when I get all the stats recorded on these 250 (crap, I mean 450) bows I just did (voice recognition errors I didn’t catch). Your number seems a little high. And if in fact what you found was the norm, it occurs to me I would never have felt the need to complain about it. There also seems to be a correlation (as I have repeatedly asserted) between Ancient status and stat appearance. I’ll also explore that. I’ll post the results when I get done.

16 days and counting…
I hope the results come out before Season 19 starts.

What point are they missing? that rng is rng and you can’t handle the rng part of things

And the random 6 properties is the whole point of Diablo

So now the truth is you skewed the results because you didn’t count all your results and ignored all results that gave you what you wanted,

1 Like

Well, I am ashamed to say they might not, and I am also ashamed to say that I can’t give a reasoned response because I don’t know when Season 19 starts. Finally, I am very ashamed to say that I am using this exercise is an opportunity to learn how Google Sheets works, especially their graphs.

It’s a bit clunkier and funkier than Excel, but it is a web app, so I am at the same time mildly surprised by its capabilities.

Anyway, if you haven’t forgotten who I am, and what this topic is about, and for that matter what Diablo III is and what the blacksmith does, then I’m sure you’ll be well pleased with the results here when you see them.

No, I am emotionally motivated by the results I get rather than the results I’m looking for. I think I stated this pretty clearly in the initial post outlining my complaint; that with an occurrence of roughly 8:1, I get a bow that has vitality but no dex. I’m doing this little experiment with Meteorblade because although the ratio may not be as great as 8:1, I’m pretty certain it’s not 1:1.

So I’m crafting 450 bows, recording the results with screenshots, transferring the numbers into Excel (Google Sheets), and then doing a bunch of computations on the numbers to find out what the percentages really are.

So the truth is you’re an impertinent fool whose reading skills and purposes for replying are questionable. And before you go crying about, “He’s calling me names,” recall that you just called me a cheat and a liar.

23 days and counting…
It’s almost as if you don’t want to publish your results.

Are you serious? 23 days? Well, I guess 25 days now…It seems impossible to me that is how long ago this started. No wonder the guy I turnover properties for is annoyed with me most of the time…

I have the data…I’m working on it. I’ve just had a couple rush jobs jump up, and then there’s the Thanksgiving preparations for the church dinners…Just no time the last couple weeks…Sorry.

I provided my data in ASCII tables, which took around an hour. For some reason, you’re trying to present your data in a Googledocs spreadsheet (that you said you’ve never used before) with graphs and providing analysis of affixes that were never part of your initial claim.

You could just save yourself, and everyone else, a lot of time by admitting that your data doesn’t support your initial claim of crafted items having a 1:8 ratio of Dexterity to Vitality.

You crafted 450 weapons.
Did 50 of them have DEX?
Did 400 of them have VIT?
Counting to 450 shouldn’t take you a month.

1 Like

Well, as it’s been over a month now I guess we can draw a line under this and accept that you’ll never post your results.

No, it’s coming. As I said, I’m taking the opportunity to learn more about Google Sheets. For a web app, it’s actually fairly powerful. Patience my good man…

I posted the results of 180 crafts in an hour or so. You haven’t posted the results of 450 crafts after five weeks. If your results actually confirmed what you’d claimed, you’d have posted them already.

No, that won’t work. As Kik mentioned many people(including me) don’t want main stat on gloves. Shoulders, rings, ammy, weapon are other main stat optional gear slots. In most if not all cases you don’t want main stat there, you can augment for it if you really need it.

Seems like you got a real bad streak of rng there. It sucks when that happens.

Just wondering why people keep talking about main stat, D3s stat system has been dropped from what we know at this point.
Attack and Defence like it or not looks to be the way D4 is going.

Because this thread is discussing the affixes that Diablo III crafted items get. You may find this surprising, but this is one of the few threads recently that isn’t about Diablo IV.

2 Likes

Maybe he’s thinkering with the results to try and confirm his claim? I know I won’t believe in w/e he posts after this long time for such a simple task.

In most cases of pushing at the end of season when you have 2k+ paragon.

What some people do not get is that main stat is more beneficial until you recoup it from paragon.

Balancing a game off the 1% is not ideal either, we need to find a common ground.

BTW, my solution is a locked affix, which means an additional affix.

Okay Meteorblade, two more bows to go, a little bit of collation, and I am posting the results.:blush:

And whether the results confirm or refute my initial assertion, they will be posted.

And like I said, since I’m crafting these bows, I’m looking at some information that goes a little bit beyond just whether or not they have one particular property or not. And like I said, I’m learning a little bit about how Google Sheets works, and so far I like it.

Exactly why I have a link to a screenshot of every single item. And I don’t mean to post any spoilers, but it’s kind of looking like the overall graph is going to resemble what Meteorblade came up with.

For other interested readers, please be advised that this thread is discussing the crafting outcomes of various bows for Demon Hunters in Diablo III. This is not a discussion of what may come in Diablo IV, nor is it a compare/contrast discussion of the two. Please refrain from discussing Diablo IV in this thread.

This thread seems to be missing your data on this subject :wink:

2 Likes

I’m working on it. Give a guy a minute. You guys are so impatient.:rofl:

No-one cares what other affixes the weapons have because they are entirely irrelevant to your claim that there’s a 1:8 ratio of Main Stat to Vitality on crafted weaponry.

The results I got were an almost exact parity, i.e. a 1:1 ratio, of Main Stat to Vitality, which means your imagined 1:8 ratio wasn’t anywhere close to being correct. This is why, when you make claims that are so evidently false, that I enjoy responding to them with facts, evidence and maths showing that they’re false.

Posting your results in the same format as I did, i.e. just plain ASCII, for 450 crafts should have taken you no more than a couple of hours. You’ve had over five weeks at this point and have failed to provide them.

We’ve been more than patient in the face of your prevarication.

1 Like