No main stat...(https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/dh-weapon-crafting-results-are-finally-in/10359)

I don’t see a problem. Vit only promotes more all class gears, especially when you aug vit on it. Its wasting mats to roll one set for each bd oppose one generic set for all bds/classes.

Seriously? This is the best you can come up with after a week? Extrapolating results from a population of 8 results and thinking that extrapolation would be more accurate than the actual results from a population of 180 results?

This is like tossing a coin 8 times, only getting one head, and assuming that if you tossed it 1000 times, you’d only get 125 heads.

This is why no-one believes your claims about statistics.

3 Likes

You know, for a guy who gives an appearance of being smart, you write some of the stupidest retorts sometimes. Let’s review:

I said it was interesting, but “we’ll see.” I have 442 more bows to look at.

Are you some kind of politician or maybe a DMV clerk?

Anyway, I been busy this week. And I have other things to do than do my best to try to make as many people as possible look foolish, as it seems your goal on this discussion board is.

Look at my initial 90 crafts. If we just looked at the first 8 crafts…
DEX = 7
VIT = 6
DEX and VIT = 5
DEX present = 7
VIT present = 6

7/8 have main stat = 87.5%
6/8 have VIT = 75%

Remember, if your ratio was correct…
Main stat should be 11.11%
VIT should be 88.88%

Gosh, 87.5% sounds so different to 11.11% that perhaps variances in small population sizes are why statistical analysis is done with larger populations.

So, your results from just eight crafts is in no more interesting than mine is. It’s such a tiny population that it would be ridiculous to draw any conclusion from and it’s certainly not something you can extrapolate from. It took me around an hour altogether to post the results of 180 crafts. After multiple prompts, after a week, you’ve posted the results of 8 crafts.

Again, you’re prevaricating because you know fine well your full results just aren’t going to support your initial claim. They won’t even be close.

1 Like

Meteorblade, for the love of god, quit barricading and try to understand what I wrote there. I didn’t state any conclusion. I didn’t say anywhere that what I observed was itself a conclusion, or that it supported any conclusion.

I said it was “interesting.”

I could have said, “Hmmmph. With this game, it figures…” or, “That’s funny…sort of strange and ‘HaHa’ at the same time.”

But I guess all that would be lost on you as well.

But hey, maybe you’re just the kind of guy who has a one-track mind, or gets so focused on your own point of view that nothing anyone else says after you have made up your mind makes any difference.

Or maybe you are just baiting as many posters as you can so you can keep that post count up to preserve that holy grail, ‘TL3.’

Nevertheless, I have 442 more bows to check, and when I publish my findings, the data will be presented in several ways, along with a linked screenshot of every single line item, so that no matter what the conclusion, no one can say I’m just making things up.

I disagreed, and explained why, i.e. such a tiny sample size of results can have wildly varying results compared to a much larger sample size. You can’t reliably extrapolate from 8 data points and it’s asinine to attempt to do so.

You claimed a 1:8 ratio of main stat to vitality on crafted items based on how you feel. I immediately thought that this was unlikely to be true, based on my own experience crafting but I offered to help test this out because I wanted to find out. I did so because I prefer to base my opinions on how things actually work rather than how people think things work.

The results of my 180 crafts was that the ratio of DEX to VIT was almost exactly 1:1, i.e. not even close to your claim of 1:8.

A week ago you were going to craft 250. Now you say you have 442 more to check? Where did the extra 200 weapons come from? Anyway…

From my existing 180 weapons, we already have these results…
DEX = 109 weapons (60.56%)
VIT = 104 weapons (57.78%)

Let’s assume, for the sake of argument, the 450 weapons you crafted obeyed your claimed 1:8 ratio of DEX to VIT. That would mean your results would be…
DEX = 50 weapons (11.11%)
VIT = 400 weapons (88.88%)

That would give us a total sample size of 630 weapons, with the amalgamated numbers of…
DEX = 109+50 = 159 weapons (25.24%)
VIT = 104+400 = 504 weapons (80.00%)

How about, in the incredibly unlikely scenario that not a single weapon you crafted came with main stat. That would give us a total sample size of 630 weapons, with the amalgamated numbers of…
DEX = 109+0 = 109 weapons (17.30%)
VIT = 104+450 = 554 weapons (87.94%)

If your ratio was true, the correct result for a sample size of 630 crafts should be…
DEX = 70 weapons (11.11%)
VIT = 560 weapons (88.88%)

So, regardless of what the results are from your 450 crafts, even if not a single one of weapons had DEX on them, it still doesn’t get you to a 1:8 ratio.

My point of view is based on the fact that it’s mathematically impossible for you to prove your claim, even if 100% of the 450 weapons you’ve crafted don’t have DEX on them. But, by all means, take as long as you like to post results that can’t prove your case any more…

I found some extra mats, and I wanted to have a good sample of each bow type, so I decided to do 50 of each midstream.

Also, I think I posted this after crafting like 20 bows, the 2 or 3 with Dex so bad I couldn’t use them, and you know what an irrational hothead I am, so I made the post then and there, and notice I said “an occurrence of about…”

So 4:1, 12:1, about 8:1… all the same…lol…now don’t get all wound up. I’m joking…I’m not saying those are actually all the same…

Anyway, work continues…

Keep up the good work. It’s a dirty job, but someone has to do it.

Nine days and counting…

14 days ago…

14 days ago…

11 days ago…

6 days ago…

Two weeks later. Still waiting…

1 Like

I am still working on my spreadsheet and test results. And something just occurred to me.

I was talking about Dexterity/Vitality. More specifically, I was talking about instances of an item where Vitality appeared but Dexterity did not. I didn’t count items where both appeared or neither appeared. I was just talking about the ones where I get Vitality but no Dexterity.As far as I’m concerned, an item that has neither is instant trash, while an item that has both is potentially usable, but it’s the item that has Vitality but no Dexterity that aggravates me.

So on your Blitzbolter experiment, there is actually an occurrence of greater than 1 (24/23 = 1.04).

We’ll see what it looks like when I get all the stats recorded on these 250 (crap, I mean 450) bows I just did (voice recognition errors I didn’t catch). Your number seems a little high. And if in fact what you found was the norm, it occurs to me I would never have felt the need to complain about it. There also seems to be a correlation (as I have repeatedly asserted) between Ancient status and stat appearance. I’ll also explore that. I’ll post the results when I get done.

16 days and counting…
I hope the results come out before Season 19 starts.

What point are they missing? that rng is rng and you can’t handle the rng part of things

And the random 6 properties is the whole point of Diablo

So now the truth is you skewed the results because you didn’t count all your results and ignored all results that gave you what you wanted,

1 Like

Well, I am ashamed to say they might not, and I am also ashamed to say that I can’t give a reasoned response because I don’t know when Season 19 starts. Finally, I am very ashamed to say that I am using this exercise is an opportunity to learn how Google Sheets works, especially their graphs.

It’s a bit clunkier and funkier than Excel, but it is a web app, so I am at the same time mildly surprised by its capabilities.

Anyway, if you haven’t forgotten who I am, and what this topic is about, and for that matter what Diablo III is and what the blacksmith does, then I’m sure you’ll be well pleased with the results here when you see them.

No, I am emotionally motivated by the results I get rather than the results I’m looking for. I think I stated this pretty clearly in the initial post outlining my complaint; that with an occurrence of roughly 8:1, I get a bow that has vitality but no dex. I’m doing this little experiment with Meteorblade because although the ratio may not be as great as 8:1, I’m pretty certain it’s not 1:1.

So I’m crafting 450 bows, recording the results with screenshots, transferring the numbers into Excel (Google Sheets), and then doing a bunch of computations on the numbers to find out what the percentages really are.

So the truth is you’re an impertinent fool whose reading skills and purposes for replying are questionable. And before you go crying about, “He’s calling me names,” recall that you just called me a cheat and a liar.

23 days and counting…
It’s almost as if you don’t want to publish your results.

Are you serious? 23 days? Well, I guess 25 days now…It seems impossible to me that is how long ago this started. No wonder the guy I turnover properties for is annoyed with me most of the time…

I have the data…I’m working on it. I’ve just had a couple rush jobs jump up, and then there’s the Thanksgiving preparations for the church dinners…Just no time the last couple weeks…Sorry.

I provided my data in ASCII tables, which took around an hour. For some reason, you’re trying to present your data in a Googledocs spreadsheet (that you said you’ve never used before) with graphs and providing analysis of affixes that were never part of your initial claim.

You could just save yourself, and everyone else, a lot of time by admitting that your data doesn’t support your initial claim of crafted items having a 1:8 ratio of Dexterity to Vitality.

You crafted 450 weapons.
Did 50 of them have DEX?
Did 400 of them have VIT?
Counting to 450 shouldn’t take you a month.

1 Like

Well, as it’s been over a month now I guess we can draw a line under this and accept that you’ll never post your results.

No, it’s coming. As I said, I’m taking the opportunity to learn more about Google Sheets. For a web app, it’s actually fairly powerful. Patience my good man…

I posted the results of 180 crafts in an hour or so. You haven’t posted the results of 450 crafts after five weeks. If your results actually confirmed what you’d claimed, you’d have posted them already.