No main stat...(https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/dh-weapon-crafting-results-are-finally-in/10359)

I have noticed this tendency as well. +1

Vit is weighted to be extremely common. Thats why its insanely hard to roll off of items at times. Crafted affixes follow the same weighting rules and since crafted items dont have a guarenteed main stat affix like most dropped items do, it will most likely always appear as one of the 4 randoms. Main stat itself is a common affix but not as common as Vit is.

I know testing was done years ago and there was a list of approx. affix weights but I no longer have a link to it.

I think that’s one of his problems, him playing inefficiently. There is little reason to craft so many,

of those. I don’t see the need to craft even one as you gear up quite fast even while not playing most efficiently. And I just started last season (as in, not through and through vetetan).

I for one crafted some Cpt Crimson pants recently (enough to get a primal on average but didn’t). And it was no way near 8:1 or whatever in vit (and yes, pants roll with 6 random properties).

It’s not that anyone is wrong or right. It’s not that “black-and-white” an issue. It’s more that the people who tell me I’m imagining things are people who do just what I’ve described, rush through the game without noticing anything, and then tell me I don’t know what I’m talking about just so they’ll seem authoritative.

For example, you with your statistics. You rarely if ever have offered any anecdotal evidence of your experiences and observations in the game. Rather you combat everything with the probability of this or that happening, and not whether you’ve ever seen that happen. Most people approach my reported observations with the same type of closed minded superiority, while at the same time completely missing the point.

Okay, let’s go with any bow or crossbow.

Yeah, sorry about that. I didn’t mean that those gloves specifically displayed the tendency I was describing; I was merely using those gloves as an example of crafted Legendary and Set items that exhibit the “+6 Random Properties” idiocy.

Maybe I didn’t communicate this well enough; I enjoy the process of leveling up. I don’t do anything to artificially speed it up, but I do use crafted items when they become available, and I reroll some items that I pick up to be more powerful, economical, etc.

So yes, I craft a lot of items of the blacksmith. Of course, guys like you have no idea why I do this, and thus you are uniquely unqualified to comment on the practice. Believe me, playing “efficiently” has nothing to do with.

My affinity toward leveling up the old fashion way is the basis for my complaints about the lack of improvements to sub-level-70 crafted Set and Legendary items, and my complaints about the lack of fixed drops from the earliest available sources for the plans for these items while they are still relevant to gameplay.

The fact is that crafted items need some attention. One Legendary bow isn’t any different from any other Legendary bow if they both have just six random properties. The only thing that differentiates the two bows from each other is the artwork (and maybe the base damage range).

I think that the Blizzard devs have about the same estimation of leveling up as most of the players; it’s nearly irrelevant, almost everyone skips it, so there’s no reason to try to make the experience any better.

I think that’s a mistake.

Currently can’t 100% check to match the game guide but the legendary bows that are crafted are different.

Unbound Bolt
Has Attack speed and Crit Damage as guarentees along with the Cold elemental +xxxx-xxxx (3 Randoms)

Sydyru Crust
Has Attack Speed and Damage to Elites as guarentees along with Poison Elemental +xxxx-xxxx (3 Randoms)

Both have the same base weapon speed and damage range

Its more that the crafted items lack any legendary powers for the most part that make any difference in power. And the difference between a leg and a rare item isn’t that much different if theres no power to go with it and its insanely cheaper to reroll a stat on a rare then it is on a legendary. Especially when starting out.

Sigh. Pick one…

Bows…
Sydyru Crust (legendary, 3 random affixes)
Unbound Bolt (legendary, 3 random affixes)
Sovereign Doubleshot (rare, 6 random affixes)

Crossbows…
Arcane Barb (legendary, 5 random affixes)
Sovereign Oxybeles (rare, 6 random affixes)

I guess that’s because I don’t see the wild divergence between the expected variance in a working RNG system and what you’re claiming to see.

Anyway, once you nominate which of the bows or crossbows you want to use as the basis of the experiment, I’ll craft 90 of them. That way, if your claim of a 1:8 ratio of mainstat:vitality is even approaching correct, roughly 10 of them should have DEX, and 80 of them should have VIT. If you nominate a rare (yellow) weapon, I’ve got 450K+ of each white / blue / yellow material so might even be willing to do a lot more crafting.

I must be dumb. I crafted several Cap. Crimson pants for my DH.

2 Likes
  1. Everyone is wrong or right sometimes.
1 Like

Holy crap. Ninety of them? You must have a ton of materials!

Well - and bear with me here:

For bows there is the Longshot, Venomhusk, Sydyru Crust, and Unbound Bolt.

For crossbows there is the Starspine and Arcane Barb (I never use these because the attack speed is far too slow for me).

For hand crossbows (my current aggravation) there is the Deadeye, Blitzbolter, Hallowed Judgement, and Hallowed Condemnation.

The phenomenon is not limited to just level 70 weapons, but all of the above named stringed weapons suffer from a general lack of main stat, and this is especially aggravating when it happens with Ancients (my current Blitzbolter).

I only craft Rare level 70 bows, looking for one that rolls with a socket so I can reduce the level requirement on it. I often don’t have the materials to do that, though.

The sub level 70 bows are cheap to craft, so how about you do 50 each of those 4 bows. I’ll go to a non-Seasonal account with tons of materials and do the same. Then we’ll compare results, how about on Friday?

Non-seasonal, I have approximately 462K each of the white / blue / yellow materials and crafting level 70 rares only costs 1000 gold a time so it’s not a problem.

I’d already chosen Sovereign Doubleshot bows before reading your reply, crafted them and noted the results…

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Craft	DEX	VIT	Craft	DEX	VIT	Craft	DEX	VIT
01	x	x	31	x		61		x
02	x	x	32		x	62	x	
03	x	x	33		x	63		x
04		x	34	x	x	64		x
05	x	x	35		x	65	x	x
06	x		36			66		x
07	x	x	37	x		67	x	
08	x		38	x	x	68	x	x
09	x	x	39	x	x	69	x	x
10	x	x	40			70		x
11	x		41			71	x	x
12	x	x	42		x	72	x	x
13			43		x	73	x	
14	x	x	44	x		74	x	x
15	x		45	x		75	x	
16			46	x	x	76	x	x
17		x	47	x		77		x
18		x	48		x	78	x	
19			49	x		79		x
20	x	x	50	x		80	x	
21			51	x	x	81		x
22	x		52	x		82	x	x
23		x	53		x	83	x	
24	x		54		x	84	x	x
25	x	x	55	x		85	x	x
26	x		56		x	86	x	x
27		x	57	x	x	87		x
28		x	58	x		88	x	x
29		x	59	x		89	x	x
30			60	x		90	x	

DEX Only    = 27/90 = 30%
VIT Only    = 23/90 = 25.56%
DEX and VIT = 26/90 = 28.89%
DEX Present = 53/90 = 58.89%
VIT Present = 49/90 = 54.44%

You claimed there is a 1:8 ratio of main stat to vitality on crafted items.

If that was true, 10/90 items should have had DEX but there were 53.
If that was true, 80/90 items should have had VIT but there were 49.

This is why people are sceptical about the things “only you see”.

3 Likes

Not gonna quote all of what you said, but consider it quoted.

You yourself are confused of what you’re trying to say. If you want to argue that leveling experience and whatnot should be better, then do so. But your main complain in this thread is about crafted item having a slanted result towards vit compare to main stat, which many people including me just didn’t buy. I gave my anecdotal evidence of it and you just ignored it. The other guy gave his data showing your complain of 8 to 1 is simply off. So show us your data, or I will have to just assume your complain is unfounded.

What are the odds of a 53/90 happening, given, let’s say, 1/8 odds ? I know there is a way to calculate it but I really didn’t pay enough attention in my stat classes to remember it now. I know you like stats so maybe you remember better ?

Given the current state of D3, we know a few things now:

1 - All jewelry requires sockets, so imo sockets should be a locked mandatory roll.
2 - All equipment requires said characters main stat, so imo all equipment should have a locked main stat roll

It’s not true though ? Plenty players do not want main stat on their gloves for example ?

But then you search for gloves with 3 of 4 stats you want and roll off the main stat.

So yes, this is true.

What is frustrating is getting ring after ring that has both main stat and a wasted stat with no socket, because then you cannot get the trifecta DPS.

Also, keep in mind that HC verse SC changes stat preference quite a bit, as a lot of HC players will prefer an item that has VIT and Main stat compared to SC just wanting tri-fecta and main stat.

But that’s the nature of loot hunt games isn’t it? What fun is it if every item always dropped with exactly what you need? Might be cool for a day, but then, well I’m done here.

Actually, I completely forgot almost all gloves always roll main stat. As a matter of fact, all class set items always roll main stat. I can’t think of a single one that doesn’t.
And most non-crafted items (like, 90%+) always roll mainstat so your second point is actually already true.

Well that is your words. The smart thing would be to craft Belt and Boots, as those are the easiest to roll from crafts. And it is the same slots you’d use for Sage’s im case you want tons of DBs.

No, as a strength I get too many instances of acquiring intel, etc… because it decided to randomly roll an opposite class secondary or primary…

So basically a smart loot update.

I think there is a fine line between mandatory loot hunting and fun loot hunting.

Is it fun to keep getting a unity missing a socket and a crit roll? That is just dumb considering the legendary gem is mandatory based on the design of the game. That is why every piece of gear should have the “mandatory” stats on it, and the other stats can then be optimized.

Some builds specialize in crit, while others specialize in CDR or Attack speed. So the loot hunt is still there.

My change simply removes the frustration of missing the “mandatory” aspect of the item, which is truly the socket.