No main stat...(https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/dh-weapon-crafting-results-are-finally-in/10359)

Why is it that crafted Legendary items and sets have a propensity to roll Vitality but no main stat? With an occurrence of about 8:1, I get Vit but no Dex, which means I have to spend even more materials to reroll the item after I craft it.

But the properties, on a pair of Sage’s Purchase gloves for example, are all random. All 6 of them. But you can bet that one of them will be Vitality, and any other 4 will show up before your main stat does (two are Secondary properties).

I’d be quite happy if Blizzard would look at the weighting on these properties, or change the properties of the item to include Main Stat and Vitality as guaranteed properties. And if you really don’t want the main stat, then you can use more materials to roll it off, but the guys who make that set and don’t want main stat on it are going to be few and far between.

Cratfing results are here:

1 Like

Crafting yellow gear at the black Smith is a non issue. The only time I go for a yellow weapon with Dex and vit is to enchant a socket for the season journey. I usually craft like three to get one. I doubt it’s 8.
When I crafted Captain Crimson’s gear, I made like what a full inventory and got multiple items worth saving. It’s not an issue for me.

“crafted Legendary items and sets”

I don’t care about Rares.

But I do level up the old fashioned way, solo, 6 times a Season, so I craft a hell of a lot of gear. I see the trends.

But I’m glad it’s not an issue for you.

OP is not wrong. Crafted sets/legs mostly roll with very odd combos and yes, primarily with Vit.

1 Like

Add me on Battle net and I can Power Level your alts. I had enjoyed leveling with a party most seasons, but almost never level myself for alts. Lol I beg in the boost community or ask a friend.

I’d be happy to level a few of your alts!

Edit: wait are they all on different accounts? That might be tricky. At that point it’s more of a hobby I guess.

Yes, all different. But it gives me something rewarding to do for most of the Season. Instead of leveling up once, then gaining a level every three hours and when something drops, praying it’s an upgrade, I enjoy gaining levels quite often, and almost everything I pick up as an upgrade.

And while I appreciate the offer, I respectfully decline, because I can start up one of my own accounts to power level the other, for example, if I kill a character and I don’t feel like leveling up a new one.

But alas, I think I’m finally growing tired of playing the same Demon Hunter Journey so many times per Season, so I think next Season I will play a different class on each account, with the exception of Crusader, because I really can’t tolerate that one.

1 Like

wish I had your problem, I’ll get main stat but no DR on gear that drops!

Well, that’s bad luck, but I am talking exclusively about Legendary and Set items we craft at the Blacksmith.

I have seen some ridiculously bad rolls trying to get some decent Aughlids. Know the feeling.

2 Likes

crafted items are interesting. When crafting pants the odds of getting 1 socket instead of 2 seem so much higher than from a drop.

Because most pants in the game always drop with 2 sockets.

Stats have a weight. You are more likely to see vitality than, say, attack speed on gloves. And damage range is the most heavily weighted stat on weapon.
Afaik, vitality and main stat have the same weight (maybe main stat a bit higher) so op is seeing sample bias but that is a thing for other stats.

1 Like

So, 60% of the time, it works every time?

Well, you don’t know very far, then. And what makes you think you know anything about what I’m “seeing?”

Unless I do something stupid and get myself killed in the middle of the Season, I always level up the old fashioned way, and I start crafting gear at level 20. I can pretty much guarantee that I have crafted more gear of all levels at the Blacksmith than any three other random players. I see the trends, and like I said, 8 to 1 Vitality and five other random properties that do not include main stat.

So I’m sorry, but you do not win a consolation prize. Thanks for playing.

1 Like

Because you aren’t supposed to be crafting pants. That’s why no one smart does it

Yes, but it’s more like 90% of the time for usual loots. Refer to https://us.diablo3.com/en/item/pants/#type=set for more info.

Stone, I know you well from seeing all your forum posts over the years. I know that you’re either trolling or clueless, or maybe even both.
I have the mats so I will do a small test, I will craft 100 Pendergrasps, it’s a lvl 34 legendary glove. Now, they always roll with crit chance so we will not count that. However, let’s see how many do end up with vitality, dexterity (on a monk), both and neither.
So here’s the results: 61 had dexterity, 70 had vitality, 40 had both dexterity and vitality, 10 had neither
You can see the values on https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gJa8KRV2XmdHQdtm5R4lZxmkHLFzBPlHa3I678DrIFE/edit?usp=sharing
Again, I strongly think your 1 main stat to 8 vitality ratio is WAY out of line.

2 Likes

As stated above, it depends on the item. If you use the item libary on the site, you will see that several items have “set” rolls on some or all of the affixes. Like for example, Obsidian ring of the Zodiac will NEVER roll with any Crit Damage Affixes or sockets. In fact it will never roll with any primary effect then:
Reduces cooldown of all skills by [5.0 - 8.0]%.
Attack Speed Increased by [5.0 - 7.0]%
Critical Hit Chance Increased by [4.5 - 6.0]%
Reduces all resource costs by [5.0 - 8.0]%.
This will be true on every single ORotZ. You can reforge it a million times but it will always roll with those 4 primary affixes.

As for most legs for example, pretty much all class sets have a guaranteed 2 socket affix on them taking up 1 of the primary slots. They generally also all will roll with one of the main stats taking up a 2nd of the primary slots.

And yes as for the random affixes, they follow the same weighting for affixes as the mystic does for enchanting. Affixes like Vit are very common and affixes like Elite Damage are very rare.

That’s great. You pick one of the best-rolling legendary items of all time. And they are level 34 gloves, so yeah, I craft a lot of them.

Craft some level 70 Legendary armor, or Set armor, or a Hallowed Condemnation hand crossbow, or even a Blitzbolter.

But for the sake of Pete, don’t roll something that almost always rolls well.

And trolling? No. I play this game every day, for 4-10 hours. I see trends that others, who tell me I am imagining things, don’t see, because they are busy doing Nephalem Rifts as fast as they can, so they can do Greater Rifts as fast as they can. Such players, even though they believe they are well experienced, are in a very poor position to recognize trends in the RNG systems that drive various mechanisms of this game.

Potential scenarios…

1. Everyone else is wrong and you’re right.
  2. Everyone else is right and you’re wrong.

You’re such a statistic guru, tell us the odds of each scenario.

3 Likes

Maybe smart loot doesn’t apply to crafted items? Can someone confirm?

Just so we’re absolutely certain, could you nominate a specific level 70 crafted legendary that you think exhibits the problem you’re reporting the best and whether you’d like a STR, DEX or INT hero do the crafting? That way anyone interested in testing could craft 100 of them and post their results.

From my own experience Lvl 70 Sage’s set typically demonstrates the weird weighting of stats.