No ivory tower shield?

Hi all. Am trying AoV Crusader set for first time, and simply cannot for the life of me find an ivory tower shield. I’d heard they were maybe going to be nerfed, but didn’t hear anything about it being removed?
At this stage through looting, Kadala and upgrading rares in cube I’ve had at least 20-30 versions of every other legendary crusader shield while playing this season, but it’s like Ivory tower doesn’t exist.
Does anyone know anything about this? Or am I just that unlucky?

Isn’t it a regular shield, not a crusader shield? That might explain your problem. At least for upgrading rares anyway. Regular shields and crusader shields are different. You’d need to upgrade a regular shield to get an Ivory Tower, not a crusader shield.

Oh boy if that’s all it is… Hahahaha.
I’d read a previous forum where someone said the exact opposite.
Will try that now and fingers crossed. Thanks!!

Ivory tower IS a crusader shield as its legendaries affix is crusader specific (cannot be activated by other classes). It does still exist, your luck has just been bad.

On a side note, the ivory tower is not typically used with AoV set as there are greater dmg multipliers that can be used.

The last time I 7sed ivory tower was on a LoD HF crusader before the shield of fury was nurfed. It was a 100% block chance build that tequired the mobs to attack me to do damage. That build now sucks because the damage bonus from shield of fury caps at 20 stacks.

Uhhh… no. It’s not. There are regular shields with crusader-specific affixes. Denial is another one. Despite being crusader items, they are regular shields, not crusader shields. You won’t get one upgrading crusader shields.

Crusader shields and regular shields are physically different types of items. Ivory Tower is a regular shield, not a crusader shield.

This is a yellow regular shield:

This is a yellow crusader shield:

This is an Ivory Tower I got from upgrading a regular shield. Notice how under Ivory Tower, it says ‘Legendary Shield’? Now under my Freydehr’s Wrath, it says ‘Legendary Crusader Shield’. Crusader shields and regular shields are different types of items. And despite being an item for crusaders, Ivory Tower is specifically a regular shield.

1 Like

Yep, it’s a regular shield (had one drop on my barb last season). My barb was able to equip it for the LoD bonus to farm T10 in the early season.

You mean Shield of Fury, Ivory Tower does nothing than proc on be hit. And it’s an regular shield, not Crusader Shield.

Anywhoo, ivory shield is a regular shield and as mentioned, unless you plan to play the “lazy shotgun” version of HF, you do not need it.

The high clears with the new set you might be hearing about is without the ivory shield (at least was the last time I looked into it). They are actually casting HF instead of relying on being hit to cast it.

Pros and cons to both play styles with physically casting HF being the strongest contender for pushing.

The need came to the fury shield which stacks damage. They did not have a cap on how many stacks you could get which led to a never ending multiplier for damage.