No damage to greater rift enemies

All of a sudden I can’t do greater rifts. No damage to enemies and instant kill… been reading that this a thing since the game began… why hasn’t it been fixed?

It has only been a thing because people break their builds and then come here to complain instead of looking at their gear. Usually they are not using RoRG when they need it, only using 4 -5 pieces of a set, or omitting a crucial piece of gear with a damage multiplier.

There have been no substantiated reports of sudden drops in DPS without the simple explanation of someone messing up their build by changing gear, skills, or cube.

1 Like

Since we cannot see your profile, its hard to tell but usual suspects is double check ALL of your gear pieces and sets and make sure you are receiving all of the set bonuses along with cube. RoRG not being equipped is a common mistake.

From what you say, you changed something on your gear to lose a bonus.

Your damage and toughness just dont “vanish” without player error. Nor is there a bug that does so else it would be far more widely reported by people with more then 0 or a few posts (ones that have been around for a while).
99.9% of it being reported is player error.

2 Likes

I actually had this happen to me upon entering a GR.

A stun monkey jumped at my lady’s character, killed her outright. I was unable to damage it and at all, despite the fact it was 25 levels lower than I had been speed farming. Luckily, the entrance was very close so we exited and resumed. Then, the monkey could be hit.

It was not shielded. I had made no changes to my character.

It only happened that once.

Thats usually because when you enter a GR, all buffs are removed and reset and a LOT of the damage/toughness multipliers require “something” to be done and are not active just “standing” there. Some classes even have a build up time to max multipliers.

Ive seen plenty of times where just standing around entering a GR having a toughness value <10Million until you actually start doing stuff then it can go from 10million to 300million (which is a MASSIVE survivability boost from surviving one shots). But when entering GR, you have no buffs.

You don’t need buffs to affect the enemy with something like blind, from Blinding Flash. I can literally run through enemies at T16 [up to GR 95] (this was only GR50 by the way) without activating a single skill except Tempest Rush.

The monkey was absolutely immune to everything without reentry to the Rift. Almost as if it could not be targeted or register as a target.

This is a well documented bug that is stickied at the top of the forums.

This is not what the OP is reporting.

It is, but more limited.

This is happening to me right now. I used to be able to beat GR45-50 with so much ease. The highest GR I’ve beaten was 56. Cannot beat 57 yet, but almost. I’ve beaten 45 and 50 over a dozen times. Now I can’t even beat 45. This started happening after I switched gears. I tried using Gears of Dreadlands (all 6 items). Sure, I got unlimited hatred so I can do non-stop strafe, but I noticed that my damage was greatly reduced and I cannot even beat GR 45 anymore. So I switched back to my original gear, but the damage remained mediocre. Here are my items:

Main Hand: Dawn (Ancient Legendary Hand Crossbow)
3252.8 damage
+270 damage
+1190-1496 cold damage
+838 dexterity
+21,424 life per hit
+1586-2480 damage
1.60 attacks per second

Off Hand: Valla’s Bequest
2998.6 damage
+270 damage
+956-1167 damage
+638 dexterity
+7.0% attack speed
Strafe projectiles pierce
+98% Strafe damage
+1352-2151 damage
1.71 attacks per second

Hands: Frostburn
954 armor
+660 dexterity
+96 resist all elements
+9.5% critical hit chance
Cold skills deal 20% increased damage and have a 50% chance to freeze enemies

Shoulders: Mantle of Channeling
986 armor
+459 dexterity
+467 vitality
+150 lightning resistance
While channeling Rapid Fire and Strafe, you deal 23% increased damage and take 25% reduced damage
+15% Rain of Vengeance damage

Visage of Gunes
732 armor
+729 dexterity
+5.5% critical hit chance
+9032 life per hit
Vengeance gains the effect of the Dark Heart rune
Reduces all resource costs by 12.5%

Belt: Crashing Rain
854 damage
+459 dexterity
+451 vitality
+15% life
+154 fire resistance
Rain of Vengeance also summons a crashing beast that deals 3908% weapon damage

Legs: Depth Diggers
1524 armor
+569 dexterity
+558 vitality
+122 resist all elements
+330 vitality (Caldesann’s Despair Rank 66)
+7372 life after each kill
Primary skills deal 91% additional damage

Feet: Fire Walkers
936 armor
+434 dexterity
+158 fire resistance
Burn the ground you walk on, dealing 319% weapon damage each second
+10% movement speed
+15% Strafe damage

Ring: Convention of Elements
+439 dexterity
+6.0% critical hit chance
+7816 life per hit
+160 lightning resistance
Taeguk rank 50:

Ring: Justice Lantern
+422 dexterity
+7.0% attack speed
+12% chance to block
+8760 life per hit
Reduces control duration effects by 44%
Bane of the Stricken rank 46

Wrists: Wraps of Clarity
+600 dexterity
+5.5% critical hit chance
+11096 life per hit
+340 dexterity (Caldesann’s Despair rank 68)
+201 fire resistance
Your hatred generators reduce your damage taken by 43% for 5 seconds

Neck: Halcyon’s Ascent
+635 dexterity
+99% critical hit damage
+10.0% critical hit chance
+160 fire resistance
Gem of Efficacious Toxin rank 44

Skills:
Primary - Hungering Arrow: Serrated Arrow
ZR - Rapid Fire: Frost Shots
Y - Companion: Wolf Companion
X - Rain of Vengeance: Flying Strike
B - Vengeance: From the Shadows
ZL - Strafe: Icy Trail

Passive Skills:
Hot Pursuit
Archery
Blood Vengeance
Cull the Weak

Powers:
Rapid Fire no longer has a channel cost and deals 300% increased damage
When receiving fatal damage, you instead automatically cast Smoke Screen and are healed to 25% life.
After 5 consecutive non-critical hits, your chance to critically hit is increased to 100% for 3 seconds

Paragon level 583

As you can see, I have very high damage and critical hit chance. I used to be able to kill monsters in GR50 with ease. Now even Strafe or Rapid Fire barely deal any damage. Any ideas?

I tried to view your web profile but you don’t seem to have any; this normally occurs if a player plays on a Console, or under a different BattleTag… or is a new player, which is probably not the case.

If you play on a Console, I would suggest that you post on the Console Bug Report forum; this category here is for reporting bugs on the PC version of the games — there are enough differences between the console and PC versions to warrant a separate category.

2 Likes

Yes, you appear to be using a Rapid Fire build without any set bonuses so…

Did you swap out a Legacy of Dreams gem, perhaps?

While you have no set bonuses equipped every legendary item you have equipped increases your damage dealt by 3.75% and reduces your damage taken by 2%. 3.75%

At max rank, that gem gives 375% bonus damage for every legendary equipped, and 750% damage for ancients / primals, providing you have no set bonuses in effect.

Even assuming all your gear is non-ancient, and the gem was around rank 50, this would be roughly 180% damage per legendary, so 13 * 180% = 2340% damage, i.e. roughly a 23 times damage multiplier compared to not having it equipped.

4 Likes

No. But, nice necro-bump of a two year old thread in the Bug Report Forum.  

1 Like

I’m playing on Nintendo Switch.

Yes, apologies for that. I couldn’t find any other article on Google that talks about the same issue.

Thank you very much. Legacy of Dreams was the key. I moved it to my follower’s ring. Now I can beat GR45 in under 7 minutes. Again, apologies for bumping this 2 year old thread, but it helped me solve my problem.

1 Like