NO D2Jsp it will destroy ladder

Please Blizzard find a way to shut down that website or create your own trade site. D2JSP will destroy the ladders , people are already talking about using it. Pay to win will destroy the game, starting a ladder with 100k FG is not ladder. D2 modders have created some amazing trading sites item for item no stupid forum gold, d2jsp destroyed diablo 2 please save D2R from this.

34 Likes

They can’t

They won’t, and if they did, it’s limited in ways jsp isn’t, so jsp would still dominate certain trades.

I hate pay to win, but no it won’t. I don’t like it, but the game will be great, pretty much every game has pay to win aspects. So long as people are willing to pay real money for gaming items it’ll be a problem…so…forever.

People trade FG for items on Slash, PoD, etc.

Diablo isn’t destroyed, and what has damaged it has been bots and dupes, far more damage than jsp the forum has ever done. There is, however no way to get rid of jsp, or sites like it. We have to just learn to coexist with them.

13 Likes

JSP destroyedd the ladder , forum gold carries over ladder to ladder. I hate JSP much as i hate bots and toxic community. If the gold reset with ladder sure and you couldnt pay for it. Better yet have jsp but in game item trades only . I can already tell by your responses the jsp people are gonna ruin this game again.

16 Likes

I’ve suggested an in-game trading post in the past. Browse, post and trade items. No need for both parties to be in game at the same time to conduct the trade. Sure it takes longer than if both parties were on at the same time. Most importantly, no money involved.

It’d be nice to just browse the list of offers and see what people are asking for on specific items…

It won’t do anything to stop JSP in its tracks (mainly those that are bankrolled in JSP), but it will help deter others from straying there or to other centralized trading grounds.

Someone always brings up the Real Money Auction House dumpster fire when I’ve suggested an in-game trading post… I repeat, no money involved. :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: For more details about the trading post suggestion, here’s the thread I created a while back:

9 Likes

Bots destroyed the ladder.

It does. But we live in a streaming culture right now. Even without forum gold, there would be streamfans donating items to their favorite streamers to get them up the ladder faster. It wouldn’t be a fair game, either way.

I’m a realist. Doesn’t mean I support JSP. I just know it will be there for D2R…

I would much prefer an in game trading post, I’ve been arguing for one for months, it’s in my post history. I do not want RMT in games at all, but it is inevitable.

5 Likes

This is exactly it. It will not eliminate jsp or RMT…but I support a better trading system, to at least mitigate some of the problems it creates.

4 Likes

If blizzard creates its own trading site in game items only no gold or real money it will help alot. PoD trade site is a great example of that, yes we will never get rid of these FG pay to win players in D2 sadly but it would help alot i think having an alternative.

4 Likes

this video might be relevant to this conversation

9 Likes

u can not stop it …

Be easy see someone JSP screenshot send to blizzard and blizz bans their acount. Let jsp fade away and become irrelevant. Thats all blizzard needa to do have a cheat reporting system.

3 Likes

Did you watch the video? in my estimation, it is not against the Blizzard ToS to use third party sites to trade for fake placeholders. Many times Blizzard has been asked directly, I’ve never heard them officially say it is against their ToS, or that they want to ban jsp users.

2 Likes

What is jsp?

I just googled d2 jsp and got to some forum.

According to this entry found at the bottom of the page:
“d2jsp is also the home of ~Ladder Slasher~ladderslasher.d2jsp.org~, a free competitive hack and slash style RPG.”
it effectively states it is a hack. I didn’t click those links because I didn’t want to install the hack but being that it is a hack, this jsp thing cannot be allowed to ruin D2. Anyone using it should be perma banned.

1 Like

Hack and Slash is a type of game.

Diablo2 is a hack and slash.

So is PoE.

You read into that sentence far more than it means.

4 Likes

Real money transactions of items never actually hurt Diablo 2 in the first place. What did hurt the game was the sale of dupes, and the bots that proliferated them. Bots in and of themselves hurt the game.

Real money doesn’t hurt because you still have to have someone farm the items that they’re trying to trade. As long as they’re real items, someone had to find them. Selling them for real money is just another end of the spectrum. It might be illegal to profit off of something inside Blizzard’s IP, I don’t know, don’t really care but we’ll be fine with the existence of D2JSP as long as Blizzard cracks down on botters and keeps dupes out.

5 Likes

Considering the sales of items fueled the ‘need’ for sellers to run bots to stock their item selling websites, I can say with confidence that this is not true. Bots and item selling shops go hand-in-hand. It’s a tangled web.

I’m hoping that Blizzard has an effective plan for dealing with the botting problem in D2:R, otherwise it will be just like it is/was in the original game.

7 Likes

Correct. I’m just talking about how the items still have to be found in the same manner that anyone else would find them. Once a user (the farmer) owns them, they then choose to keep it or sell it for real money.

Once a bot is brought into the equation… then it becomes a really nasty mess. You can proliferate items by the thousands, if not millions in a very short time and create a very over inflated economy and destroy the in game trade scene. Which is what happened to vanilla D2.

3 Likes

Anyways, selling Blizzard intellectual property, which includes items acquired in-game, is strictly prohibited as outlined in section 1, C, iii “Prohibited Commercial Uses” in the Blizzard End User License Agreement.

2 Likes

Yep. RMT is definitely against the ToS. Things like forum gold are not a valid world currency though, they’re basically like IOUs. They won’t ban people from giving out IOUs to their friends.

1 Like

Forum gold is a cog in the functional machine which can be and is used to acquire currency, and that to me categorizes forum gold as form of currency. It doesn’t matter if a country doesn’t recognize forum gold as a currency, what matters is when a group of people do.

5 Likes

Except that forum gold is also gained as a legitimate item in a different game, ladderslasher.

It is not against the ToS, though I agree the argument of unfairness could certainly be valid.

It’s basically the same idea of someone playing softcore, then trading items for hardcore items. Is that fair? Is that ok? Are they exploiting the system? You could ask and probably get 50 different opinions.

1 Like