NO D2Jsp it will destroy ladder

They cant shut it down, Weve asked for a simple trade forum and a currency, hopefully they listen, otherwise, JSP will prevail because their is no current trade option, and no, creating games and waiting for a period of time, isnt a legit option, its a half-a year 2000 option.

False, bots ruin ladder ranking, JSP only effects JSP economy, if you arent using it, you can still use other means to trade for some value.

The only issue here, is JSP FG can be acquired through many games and sources, and transfers over. If it was D2 Fg only, that would be fine IMO.
As for the age old question on it reseting every ladder, I disagree 100%, if I work hard 1 season and make some bank based on trading and finding items, I should have that bank to help fund future seasons and other builds.

Correct me if Iā€™m wrong but are you saying that your proceeds from previous ladder should help you start the next ladder season? If so, then that is defeating the purpose of resetting. Blank slate or nothing.

6 Likes

The flaw with your argument is that you think d2jsp is pay to win. Iā€™d phrase it to be ā€˜pay to win against yourselfā€™.

Buying items to then farm a fraction faster or safer is irrelevant to me playing. The only time gear matters is in PvP. But there is no reward for being overgeared and winning in PvP. If you donā€™t like dueling geared people, leave the game and do something else.

D2 is essentially a single player game in this regard. If you buy $2000 worth of gear on d2jsp on week 1, it doesnā€™t impact anyone besides yourself.

That is 100% what I am saying. Alot disagree, but if you got all of those proceeds, solely from D2 time, you should be able to use that bank on ladder or non ladder.
Characters reset, items reset, everyone still starts blank, but your efforts or luck from the last ladder will help give you an advantage starting out and it only helps the economy compete harder.
It adds another element of end game as well, you work hard to grind out MF runs to sell items and bank FG for whatever you want, godly rares, low level duel gear, or for a ladder reset to purchase that first Shako and reward someone for being fortunate enough to find it and decide to sell it at a premium early ladder.

Just my take, its how real world works, everyone will have a different bank based on the effort they put in, that is OK

RMT is a detriment in my opinion, but it is true that D2JSP has been a positive influence on certain aspects of the game. Trading cross-ladder has largely been a good thing, as without it many people (PvM-only players) would just delete their chars after, ridding the economy of some amazing BiS PvP items. Ultimately, itā€™s a very good, healthy thing for the nonladder/PvP communityā€¦Pvm, well, it isnā€™t that big a deal. You donā€™t need a +5 viso for pvm.

1 Like

JSP didnt destroy ladder, botting did.

4 Likes

He is highly biased as he is using it tho :slight_smile:

He directly reached out to Blizzard because of his contract. I wouldnā€™t consider it biased.

Itā€™s sad to see people think JSP destroyed Diablo II.
Actually I stopped play Diablo II because of the bots and the spam bots.
This is the REAL reason.

2 Likes

Those who donā€™t think botting, duping and JSP have any commonality need a good ice bucket challenge wakeup call. :smirk:

4 Likes

You saying every ladder in D2 has been destroyed by D2Jsp? Not duping, not botting?

Oh yeah, forgot dupingā€¦ Hang onā€¦

They can have commonality and still jsp has lots of legit players.

There are areas on d2jsp for self found, drop showcases, community building, etc.

Some of the better guides are on jsp.

Jsp, like many things in life, has a positive and negative effect on d2 as a whole. People should recognize both and make their own decisions.

I consider the whole pictureā€¦ How JSP started out is a big one, by making a bot. Yes Iā€™m sure there are plenty of legit players who use JSP. However all it takes is one bad egg to make you want to throw away the whole carton.

2 Likes

Though I wish Blizzard had implemented a better way to trade, I think ladder to ladder, soft core to hardcore, and LoD to Classic trading, and the safety of those trades d2jsp has provided, has been a terrific thing for the game.

It sucks RMT is intrinsically linked to that. I wish people would play the game legitly, without paying real money for items.

Any trade system that allows for quick and easy trading will destroy the economy. There is no other way around it.

1 Like

This statement is false. Quick and Easy trading is needed to keep the economy actually alive on the game. Keep players playing more because trading is more efficient, and gives you something extra to work for.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not false, itā€™s proven to be true, even the old devs agree with it.
The problem is that if you have 1000 people trying to trade the same item, the people that want to trade fast will reduce itā€™s price until they sell it.
So, if you can do that instantly in an auction house style of trading place, this will bring down the price immediately.
Now this might not crash the most expensive items and runes, but it will crash every other average item price. <lvl85

1 Like

That is not a bi product of quick and easy tradingā€¦ That is how supply and demand economy works, and that isnt broken.

Less supply>More demand= higher prices
More Supply>Less demand, of course the price is going to go down to sell it, or if you do not have access to better trading, you just toss it on the ground.
This happens as the season goes along, thats normal even on JSP. Early on, prices are a sellers market, later on, buyers market.

If you remove the ability to get FG from other sources, the economy will remain stronger, longer. Eventually you will get some wealthy people, but those will be the ones that earned it, hopefullyā€¦ Or bots took over again because Blizzard cant 3edicate enough resources to handle them for longer than a week.

1 Like

Donā€™t complain that jsp is breaking the game economy then because the only reason it does is due to easier trading.