No CR reward cache

Seems to have been a problem since 2020 and since blizzard doesn’t seem to care about this one, what’s another bug onto the pile? Especially since for whatever reason, some brainiac(s) decided to LOCK seasonal progression behind it. Please keep this kind of crap away from D3. I genuinely don’t care that some tool decided to run GRs with a necromancer wearing all dex gear and no offhand and that I need to beat his time by two minutes. I just don’t.

But I’ve been forced to care and have tried for the past four weeks to access the greater rift cache. It hasn’t dropped. I have finished all these stupid challenges four weeks in a row and have been trying to finish the altar of rites for as long. I have every item that I need ti progress to the end. I am essentially done with this season.

But I can’t hit anymore nodes because again, someone decided it was a neat idea to lock seasonal progression behind something stupid (and broken)

I’m frustrated. Does anyone have any possible advice???

No it’s not been accidentally claimed.
No I don’t have any mail or old challenge caches on non-seasonal characters.
No, my system clock or date hasn’t been altered.
My cache is clear.
My seasonal character has existed since the start of the season.
I have deleted the game.
I have reinstalled the game.
I have tried playing a different character.
I tried creating a new character, leveling to 70 and completing the rift cache after that and still nothing.

My region is Us.

I have no idea what to do. At this point it isn’t even a bugfix that will lead to anything for me because all that will be done is completing the altar and leaving the game alone because this experience has frustrated me to the breaking point.

Does ANYONE have any idea why this is happening?

1 Like

If your console cannot record video, put your cellphone in front of your TV, and start recording. Then enter the Challeng Rift mode, do what you usually do. Stop recording when you expect your CR cache to be in your inventory and it is not there.

I think noone can guess what is happening to you if you do not provide visual evidence. Maybe you are making something wrong, and maybe someone can spot it for you.

I cannot record a better time. It’s at a time I can’t beat myself anymore. This will be ninth time I’ve completed the challenge today. I apologize, I should have recorded it before but now it’s at the point where trying to beat the current challenge time is infeasible for me.

I can tell you, genuinely, I don’t think I’m doing anything wrong.

I have beaten the challenge time, multiple times.
I have multiple seasonal characters.
I have multiple non seasonal characters.
On the non seasonal characters, I have quadruple checked that they are not holding any older rift caches or bounties.
I have checked the mail on my non seasonal characters and cleared it.
On my seasonal characters, I have checked to make sure they aren’t holding old caches, current caches or bounties.
I have checked Unredeemed seasonal progression rewards.
I have checked my stash on both my seasonal and non seasonal characters.
I have beaten the challenge time and tried to redeem it in the challenge area.
I have beaten the challenge time and tried redeeming it on non seasonal characters.
I have made new characters and tried to redeem it there.
I have changed difficulties and acts.
I have beaten the game, start to finish on both my non-seasonal and seasonal characters.
I have not altered my date or time.
My region is correctly assigned.
I have no overrides to my network settings active.
I am directly connected to my router.
As far as I’m aware, my account is under good standing with blizzard and is under no restrictions.

I have not received a single challenge cache, ANYWHERE.

If it will help somehow, I can record my current complete screen and the time I had to beat it.

I’ve done all I can.

I give up as I shouldn’t be getting this frustrated over something I can’t control or fix. Best I can do is upvote every thread where this has been a problem for someone (with seasonal progression intertwined with it, it seems like a very serious issue) and hope a blue account bothers to take a look.

Seems to be a pretty decently sized issue on PC as well but that might be more up to user error.

Against my better judgement, I’ve recorded the most pertinent parts.

Me beating the rift and recording a time.
Me going to a character and looking for the cache with none to be found.
And me checking the altar with the unclaimed node because I don’t have a cache to sacrifice.

1 Like