No changes from Part I?

I agree with you so much !

6 Likes

Agreed. I get that the Season themes are big draws, but as someone who despises Seasons, I would much prefer the focus be itemsā€“you know, the things that impact all modes of play.

7 Likes

they are obviously working on part 1 changes while part 2 is being tested, dummy

1 Like

Truthfully speaking, unless they plan on extending the ptr, I donā€™t see that happening.

1 Like

Wow people are never happy. They want all builds to be close to each other. They give them that. And now its too powerful.

Of course there was no changes between the two. The changes will come when the PTR is over. Of maybe before the second PTR to test out the changes.

People keep acting like this is still a majorly developed game. This game is being taken care of by a small team that also has other projects to worry about. Like it or not D# is on the moth balls and we should be happy they are working on it at all at this point.

Well if thats a fact, why they dont just say that. If they say stuff like they communicate with us, we expect them to communicate with us. When they say stuff like they balance, we expect them to balance stuff. and if they say they take ptr more serious and extend the current season to get more out of the ptr, we expect them to do what they just said. it doesnt matter if d3 has a small team or not. if you say you will do something, you should not be surprised if you dont do it and ppl get mad about it. common sense

===============
[Edited for language - Blizz]

Well had you been paying attention then you would know that. They have stated many times that this project is now on the back burner and that they cut the team.

Also you expecting them to communicate with you. You think too much of yourself. You play a game that is a money hole.

Also if you go back and listen to exactly what they say. They never promised any predefined results. Just things they are working on.

There is only soo serious they can take a game that cost the more then it makes.

If you are getting mad about a game that is almost a decade hold

Thereā€™s been absolutely no indication that thereā€™ll be a second PTR.

2 Likes

They didnā€™t cut the team, they switched the team. D3 is in the hands of the Classic Games team and honestly has been recieveng more attention than when the main Diablo team was handling it. Of course the attention which it has recieved has also been a bit hit and miss but at least itā€™s getting attention.

What people are upset about is that the feedback given to the team is pretty much ignored.

3 Likes

which team and where does the information come from? if itā€™s a team, how can it be that less is done here than a student ā€œdevā€ who learns to program on the side? how many hours per month do they work on d3? There are so many simple questions unanswered here that the contribution is insufficient.
and why are the bounty botter not banned or completely banned? I would have to read out complex information from logs with shell, rebuild it and also display it legibly in an excel table. Since Iā€™m actually only an sql / c / java expert, I would have to start almost from scratch and googled ā€¦ it took me 4 hours!
how fast do you think i can find out all bounty botter and show their account assignments in a list? thatā€™s a walk. above all, the company certainly has no causal notebooks.
and i also modded d2 and also lots of 3d shooters. I know how easy it is ā€¦

what people say here reads like sci-fiction.
and not even a reasonable beginner ā€œdevā€ with 2+ years of programming experience would build in so many bugs. he also only recycles existing code.

You know the size of the two teams are very different right?

Seems like it was answered.

Iā€™m assuming you have proof of this since you made the claim.

The game will be balanced when Diablo IV is outā€¦

1 Like

Not sure what you mean here. All builds are not in any kind of relative parity. Thereā€™s not even parity between builds in the PTR. Can you clarify what youā€™re trying to say?

The best I can surmise is that heā€™s saying that blizzard has given every class the chance to be in the spotlight and as such, there shouldnā€™t be any complaints from the playerbase as the game isnā€™t being majorly developed.

I do apologize in advance if I interpreted that incorrectly, however the alternative would be that heā€™s claiming that Blizzard had made builds as equally as powerful and efficient as powerful, and players should be happy about it. But as you said, thatā€™s not even close to being true.

Also, as a wizard main, I canā€™t be happy after how bad Blizzard had wrecked wizards with this ptr patch (assuming these changes go through live).

1 Like

A small flaw from me.

Grim dawnā€¦old game, no current income.
-> check out the current patch notes (quantitative and qualitative)

Path of exileā€¦old game, for free and monetization by cosmetics and stash.
-> check out the current patch notes (quantitative and qualitative)

DIIIā€¦has sold + 60 mio units by an average price of 30 $ what should be 1,8 billion $.

Do you think ggg or GD have earned over 15 % of 1,8 billlion $? Mhmā€¦

Now we live no more in the 1990s/2000s. A unique selling point of Blizz was in the past to take longe time to create games but accompanied the game for a long time and very well. Now all thats left is that they need long time to create somethingā€¦

And the competition has followed suitā€¦and do the things maybe better than the big Blizz company. Now can I say, ok lets go to the other gamesā€¦but I like the Diablo universe. Now I can say, ok this game is old and bring no cash I should be happy that Blizz bring small changes and dont care about the loyal playerā€¦but why?

For my partā€¦no! In my opinion Blizz got to big and lost the roundabouts to their customers (for examble Blizzcon 2018) and is picked up. No transparency (a quarterly update on DIV does not lift it up, its a standart procedure), while asking about in the past to do it better in the futureā€¦

This kind of acting from Blizz is in some areas like playing Colleges baseball, while other, smaller companies play at the same time major league.

And now should I clap and be happy about small changes (in patch notes call it: dozen or tons of changesā€¦yeah its clear -.-)
They have options to take care of the product, maybe like GD to open the code of the game for players to create content and give us an unoffically state of content, create cosmetics to sell for money, create a smaller add on to smooth everyting out again for money and so onā€¦but nothing, small changes every quarter.

Its no hate against DIIIā€¦it is long dissapointment about Blizz and I see no impactfull alteration in the futureā€¦maybe Blizz it just got too bigā€¦

Good loot

3 Likes

"BALANCE"

This is interesting depending on which moderator, which player, mathematician, table writer and more describe their viewpoints on balance.

1. The mathematicians show numbers, dps, procā€™ing, DR, stacking, additives and multiplicative. Thatā€™s nice. But it doesnā€™t take into account differences in playstyles, mechanics, how, when where and what enemies will consistently have X,Y & Z resistances, triggers and more which I do not even want to contemplate.

2. The moderators (based on a NEV post some time back), suggest that the DEVā€™s intent is to have each character class be able to do with 1-2 GRā€™s of each other in each green set class. This makes sense but the above math guys are not wrong on the difficulties either.

3. The table writer(s) while attempting to provide a service by letting people know who is leading what is not always indicative of the actual damage of a build by paragons, because some players who are fine players, are getting in the 130+ range with around 2K paragons, not 5K.

So where is the balance???.. excuse the Frenchā€¦ but F*** knows :expressionless:

3 Likes

I think this sums up the situation perfectly. Thank you for posting this.

Yes, it really does feel like Blizzard has lost touch with its customers, and with fans of the Diablo franchise in particular. Activision in the mix doesnā€™t help, either, except to stabilize the bottom end and insure that CEOs get bigger and bigger payouts.

I mean, we live in a world where even Bethesda gets things right on occasion (Doom and Doom Eternal, Prey). And on the flip side, look at the level of community interaction on these very forums between CMs and postersā€“or rather, the lack thereof.

SMDH

2 Likes