No challenge rift reward for new season

New season start without crr I feel more fun for beginning game play.
How fast you leveling. How fast you will get the set you want that is depens your luck.
Pls make new season without crr.

1 Like

Or a better idea: have the challenge rift rewards be per mode, not per account. So you can obtain the challenge rift rewards up to 4 times (softcore/hardcore + season/nonseason). This way, uninformed players won’t ruin their season start by accidentally completing the challenge rift the week before the season starts.

3 Likes

Simple fix - don’t do Challenge Rift if you don’t want to.

15 Likes

Translation: I don’t like it, so no one should be able to do it.

10 Likes

OP I don’t see anything wrong with having a Challenge Rift the rewards are quite very helpful in the beginning of the season. Idk about you but simply if you do not like them then simple enough don’t do the CR at all.

3 Likes

LOL @ the “jus dont do it hurr” posts. Very cool, super insightful.

The problem with this game is that it’s a ARPG where the devs essentially implemented cheat codes that artificially shorten the game. Not talking just about the challenge rift, but haedrigs sets also.

The idea of the entire genre is progressing your character, except both of these systems take away from that. “just don’t do them” has been a failed philosophy from the dawn of gaming. People are naturally going to do the things that progress their character, even if that includes the gift sets and challenge rift, despite it artificially removing a huge chunk of what makes the game fun. These things are the antithesis to having seasons at all.

2 Likes

Well they only shorten the game if you choose to utilise these mechanics. I find that the Haedrigs gifts come too late and I normally have most of what I need by the time I get them. I also find that utilising the Challenge Rift has so much RNG that often I get little boost.

As for shortening the game you are talking hours not days or weeks when leveling yourself to 70 at the start of the season.

1 Like

Same with Haedrigs gifts!

1 Like

After this many years, and loads of heroes, I no longer find the 1-70 grind in the first day of a season fun. I’ll happily take whatever measures are available to get to 70 as fast as possible and start doing what I find fun.

6 Likes

Sometimes the simple answer is the best answer. Don’t like it? Don’t do it.

Nahhh - let’s change the whole game to suit a couple special snowflakes.

5 Likes

“I would like to keep this dead game dead, thanks”

You got it fam

If it’s so dead why are you here?

If this game is dead, we must be all grave robbers.

I don’t feel a removal of either system is a fix for anything. I think scaling some things back and a change in the gearing process would be better suited. Let me explain…

I don’t have an issue with the CR as a whole, my issue is the bounty mats. Remove those so we can’t cube a level 70 item.

As for a change in the gearing process, I don’t think removing Haedrig’s is necessary as it’s a nice process to grind towards. That being said, I believe the game should incorporate the Torment levels a little better, especially in regards to gear.

• utilization of extracting legendary powers into the cube should be restricted until you’re level 70 and able to complete a Torment III rift
  • set items shouldn’t be able to drop until you’re able to complete a Torment VI rift, this would promote completing Haedrig’s as only a few Torment IV quests are in the requirements
  • ancients shouldn’t be able to drop until you’re able to complete a Torment XIII rift.

on what planet is Haedrigs a grind. Jesus christ, this is the problem with Devs listening to feedback like this.

There is a reason why big streamers have left D3 and won’t come back. Seasons could be great content, but devs repeatedly implement systems to reduce the actual interesting gameplay. In one night you can get to T16 and basically just be farming mainstat with few and far between gear upgrades.

I feel sorry for the invalids in this thread who post that farming +5 mainstat is the “good part”. Although, I know some also oppose SSF for no other reason than they are a manchild.

In what world did you think i want an easy game?

My post was a compromise to all players. If i had it my way, the challenge rift bag would be gone and drop rates in this game would be like in D2. Loot would be free for all and in game trading would be allowed.

Why should Haedrigs gift be per mode? I mean, you can do both SC and HC and get gifts for completing both. And then you can save your haedrigs gift for another character if you have already acquired all of the seasonal set pieces.

I’m not bashing, I’m honestly asking.

No you can’t. For example, here’s the Season 21 Blog

Completing Chapters 2, 3, and 4 of the Season Journey will reward you with three of Haedrig’s Gifts. Each Gift contains a few pieces from one of your Class Sets. Players can only unlock one Class Set in this manner per Season across Hardcore and Non-Hardcore, so choose wisely!

1 Like

Oh, I see. I don’t remember, has that always been like that or did that start Season 21?

I suppose it really doesn’t matter as most people do not switch back and forth between HC and SC due to paragon farming.

The text I quoted has certainly been in the blogs for at least the last seven seasons (earliest link I have saved is for the S15 announcement).