No Alter in My Game after PTR Copy

Alters only show on Seasonal characters, so what’s the point of a PTR Copy (rendering all characters Non seasonal) if i can’t even use said characters to test the alter after the copy?, do i have to level a new char to 70 in order to test this Season? … i hope not.

The changes to set armour bonuses and the primal crafting are available to non-seasonal heroes too. This enables people to test those changes on their high-paragon non-seasonal heroes.

Regardless, this isn’t a bug.

Yes.

ahh ok, well, it sure seemed like a bug to a casual player, and was confusing, anyways thanks. :slight_smile:

Getting to 70 shouldn’t take you very long though. Your first task should be to run enough Nephalem Rifts to earn 50 bloodshards. (It took me two, one on Normal, one on Hard). With those 50 bloodshards, buy a PTR Bag of Fortune from the NPC in town. Open that. It contains a Challenge Rift cache. Open that and it contains 500 bloodshards. Now buy 10 more Bag of Fortune. Open those and you now have 10 Challenge Rift caches available, containing 500 bloodshards in each. You effectively have infinite materials / bloodshards, and can buy all of the other caches, many times over. You’ll also have enough materials to unlock one of the Altar’s very early nodes which enables your hero to wear level 70 gear at any level. Equip yourself with a full armour set, associated legendary weapons, belt, jewellery, and so on. Add socket and gem to your weapon. Turn something primal. Hey presto, the rest of the journey to 70 can be done at T6 in a few minutes.

2 Likes

cool, thanks for the tips! :smiley: